Author Topic: List of Announced Off-Site Events 2014  (Read 34393 times)

Offline lauranna

• Exhibit Hall
  • Star Trek vs Star Wars
  • Liked: 34
Re: List of Announced Off-Site Events 2014
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 07:05:46 AM »
Is there any word if Marvel/Disney will hold the world premiere for Guardians of the Galaxy during CC? Seems like that would be a no brainer and I would definitely be interested in going!

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 07:22:33 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Is there any word if Marvel/Disney will hold the world premiere for Guardians of the Galaxy during CC? Seems like that would be a no brainer and I would definitely be interested in going!

That would be awesome, but I suspect the line for it may rival Hall H.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:51:22 PM »

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 08:00:23 AM »
SDCONCAST announced yesterday their Enchantment Under the SDCC party will be July 23rd. More info to follow.
SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 27
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 12:23:56 PM »

The Welcome to Night Vale/Thrilling Adventure Hour podcast has been announced for July 26th, but tickets are not on sale yet. I am anxiously awaiting this one.
SDCONCAST announced yesterday their Enchantment Under the SDCC party will be July 23rd. More info to follow.

Thank you Jumping Jehosaphat and CptMyCpt24! Updated!

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2014, 12:58:34 PM »

The London premiere is on 27th July.

Offline ahbbb

• Room 6BCF
    • autograph hounds blah blah blog
  • Liked: 46
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2014, 04:59:14 PM »
London - tad off site. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Brave Man Likes to Feel the Weather on his Face
A Wise Man Knows When to Get Out of the Rain

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 06:16:38 AM »
Just updated the list with more events I discovered. :)  I included the FoCCI meet-ups as well!

If I miss any event, feel free to post it here with the link of the announcement. I will try to update and verify these events as soon as possible.

Offline tt7777

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 20
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 09:05:55 AM »
Very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2014, 02:42:14 PM »
I heard a radio promo today that you can win tickets to go to the con with Linkin Park. Sounds like they'll be doing a concert like Metallica did last year.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2014, 07:43:28 PM »
Just updated the list with more events I discovered. :)  I included the FoCCI meet-ups as well!

If I miss any event, feel free to post it here with the link of the announcement. I will try to update and verify these events as soon as possible.
Under the FoCCI meet-ups you should find mine for Tuesday, July 22 from 3pm till 6pm in my room at the Town & Country.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 01:00:55 AM »

I heard a radio promo today that you can win tickets to go to the con with Linkin Park. Sounds like they'll be doing a concert like Metallica did last year.

Definitely sounds like it. There's more info on this thread about 2014 Sweepstakes: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And here's a quote from that thread:

IHeartRadio Contest:

Comic Con with Linkin Park

Contest runs from 5/26/2014 thru 6/13/2014

Participating radio stations--

Contest Rules--
Linkin Park Comic Con Ultimate Contest (open to winners of a qualifying contest during the qualifying time of 5/26/2014
thru 6/13/2014). Must be a legal resident of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of the date
of participation.

Winner randomly selected on or by: Monday, June 16, 2014
Prize provided by: Warner Bros. Records
Prize is a trip for two (2) to San Diego, CA to attend Comic-Con International and attend an intimate performance by Linkin Park.
(All taxes are sole responsibility of winner)

Prize package includes:

o Roundtrip coach-class airfare for winner and one (1) guest from a major metropolitan airport near winner’s home to
San Diego, CA (dates TBD)
o Car service to hotel and back to airport
o (2) two night(s) accommodations at destination in a standard double occupancy hotel room
o (2) two passes to attend the 2014 Comic-Con International in San Diego, CA
o One (1) autographed guitar signed by Linkin Park
o Access for two (2) to an intimate performance from Linkin Park
o Car service to venue and back to hotel
o Estimated approximate retail value is $3,000 value may vary depending upon location and time of travel
Might be worth it if you don't have badges yet, whether you're a Linkin Park fan or not.
If anything, this suggests a possible "Off-site Event" Concert.

Under the FoCCI meet-ups you should find mine for Tuesday, July 22 from 3pm till 6pm in my room at the Town & Country.

Ahh sorry dolphinax2 , I was only adding events from July 23-27. I will add update this in a bit.

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 03:47:48 AM »
Added a Pre-Comic Con Off-Site Events section at the top. These will be off-site events or meet-ups that take place days before the SD Comic-Con (before July 23, 2014).

Also added 4 more events:
- 2 in the Pre-Comic Con Off-Site Events: FoCCI Gathering at Earl of Sandwich and FoCCI Meeting at Town and Country
- 2 onSaturday, July 26: South Park Summer Walkabout and Art + Wood Presents 1st Annual Group Art Show

I also shortened the links so it doesn't look all bulky. Clicking them should lead you directly to the event's website.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 09:52:28 AM »

Has anyone ever gone to this and what did they think?

Offline Alexx387

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 02:13:13 PM »

Has anyone ever gone to this and what did they think?
I didn't manage to go but here's some details about last year's Enchantment Under the SDCC party from the event's website:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We’re proud to announce SDCCBlog and OutsideComicCon‘s Enchantment Under The SDCC, sponsored by Warner Archive and Vita Coco, and featuring Toddland! Come meet the San Diego-Comic-Con Unofficial Blog team, OutsideComicCon and fellow readers to discuss tips, tricks and other geeky things on the eve of the con, get some great swag, a chance to win some great prizes and pick up some sweet merchandise.
The party will be held at Henry’s Pub in the Gaslamp on July 17 from 8PM. The event is free to attend, and is 21+. We have the venue the entire night, so feel free to party until closing time! We’ll have prizes and giveaways from The Hub, Warner Archive, GoComics, popchips, The Walking Dead Escape, Mega Bloks and more, including our one-of-a-kind HasbroToyShop fast-pass from Hasbro, which will allow one lucky attendee the opportunity to bypass the lines at the HasbroToyShop booth and make their purchase. And just added: we will be giving away two 1-Day passes to San Diego Comic-Con, good for any day of the show! A Comic-Con specialty drink menu will be provided by Vita Coco, and Vita Coco samples will also be available for attendees.
We’ll also have merchandise from Toddland available for purchase you won’t be able to get inside the Convention Center, and hopefully a special guest or two. And, we’ll be giving away our cool San Diego Comic-Con Unofficial Blog t-shirts to 50 lucky guests!

Also here's a review I found: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Seems like fun- free shirts and amazing prizes especially the Hasbro Toy Shop fast-pass and 1-Day passes to SDCC. Hope it helps.

Offline Miss Kitty

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 738
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 05:55:45 PM »
The one thing we keep forgetting is the blood drive!! You don't have to be a badge holder in order to give blood AND you still get your swag bag!! Helpful hint, donate on Thursday or Friday if you want the swag. You will still get stuff on Sat and Sun, but usually not as much.

Donating is awesome IF you can.