Author Topic: JUSTICE LEAGUE: The Snyder 'Cut'  (Read 2716 times)

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE: The Snyder 'Cut'
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2021, 10:57:34 AM »
Finally saw this.  I was happy that it was no longer a bad movie am trying to figure out if it was good.

I enjoyed nearly all of the changes as they made more sense and the film's tone was much more consistent in that the original was jarring by having 2 directors.  Comic crossovers can have the same issue with multiple writers.

The character interactions were better and they each had more purpose in the overall story and were not rendered useless when Supes showed up.

I watched it in installments to address the length.  A huge chuck of the length could have been from excessive slow mo.   :)

I truly feel bad for Ben Affleck.  It is my understanding that he truly loves comics and it must hurt to get to play 2 great superheroes in movies that were not received well.

Re:  The Abyss.  I liked the original cut even with the end.  I like the directors cut even more.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »
i wish they would just put this in to the movie theatres
i'm tired of small screens

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 01:37:14 AM »

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2021, 04:03:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i wish they would just put this in to the movie theatres
i'm tired of small screens
One issue with doing that is the runtime.
Putting this on theatrically means taking out a 5 hour gap in a theatre's schedule which they could easily fill with two other films (new releases at that) that they knew will bring in more punters.
Theatres need maximum revenue right now, and something like Kong vs Godzilla will do that. Whereas ZSJL will likely not.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2021, 09:49:56 AM »
One issue with doing that is the runtime.
Putting this on theatrically means taking out a 5 hour gap in a theatre's schedule which they could easily fill with two other films (new releases at that) that they knew will bring in more punters.
Theatres need maximum revenue right now, and something like Kong vs Godzilla will do that. Whereas ZSJL will likely not.

Yeah this weekend KONG vs GODZILLA reached the $400 million mark at the global box office: pretty outstanding considering it was released on HBO Max day & date of theatrical release! 
I think I read MORTAL KOMBAT made around $50 million globally too.

Looks like the WB/HBO plan hasn't been too bad after all.... ;D

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2021, 10:43:18 AM »
Yeah this weekend KONG vs GODZILLA reached the $400 million mark at the global box office: pretty outstanding considering it was released on HBO Max day & date of theatrical release! 
I think I read MORTAL KOMBAT made around $50 million globally too.

Looks like the WB/HBO plan hasn't been too bad after all.... ;D
It's causing havoc in other countries though. Most other territories don't have HBOMax and theatres not open, so piracy is rife and will hurt WB at the global box office.

Offline darkron9

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 106
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2021, 04:23:30 AM »
Finally saw this.  I was happy that it was no longer a bad movie am trying to figure out if it was good.

I enjoyed nearly all of the changes as they made more sense and the film's tone was much more consistent in that the original was jarring by having 2 directors.  Comic crossovers can have the same issue with multiple writers.

The character interactions were better and they each had more purpose in the overall story and were not rendered useless when Supes showed up.

I watched it in installments to address the length.  A huge chuck of the length could have been from excessive slow mo.   :)

I truly feel bad for Ben Affleck.  It is my understanding that he truly loves comics and it must hurt to get to play 2 great superheroes in movies that were not received well.

Re:  The Abyss.  I liked the original cut even with the end.  I like the directors cut even more.

Once again, I am late to the party.  I finally watched the Snyder cut version of the Justice League story yesterday.  100% agreement with your thoughts on how the characters interacted with each other.   The Flash did not feel like an after thought in this version.  I also felt that Wonder Woman finally fought a foe worthy of her stature as a super powered being.

I too felt that the film was very long at 4 hrs.  Still, with the character development and the cookies for possible future projects, I believe that it could have been released on the big screen as two 2hr features. 

Now I understand why the actors in the Whedon cut were unhappy with how the theatrical version came out.   If WB can keep up this quality level of DC Universe entertainment, I am fully onboard.