Author Topic: Today, would YOU go to SDCC? **If you change your mind, u can change your VOTE**  (Read 26610 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Yeah, the motto of the GOP in Wisconsin seems to be “We’re willing to kill as many people as it takes to stay in power.”

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Yeah, the motto of the GOP in Wisconsin seems to be “We’re willing to kill as many people as it takes to stay in power.”

That demographic tends to be older, no? They also don't wear masks. Darwin might take care of them so that they are too sick to go to the polls to vote. Because, you know, that group only wants to vote at polls. Or, maybe they will spread it to each other at the polls. Didn't they do that once already?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:55:08 PM by puppy »

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Well if he holds his big arena packed rallies like he plans to, there’s also a possibility that it will spread there.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
Well if he holds his big arena packed rallies like he plans to, there’s also a possibility that it will spread there.

Especially if they all insist on not wearing masks.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
So much for my extreme stay at home program.  The dog got sick and I had to take her to the vet.  Can't really practice social distancing with pets.  So basically I did a group hug with every person that went to that vet yesterday.  I did bath her when we got home but she doesn't let me wash her head.  Where do most people pet dogs?

Oh gee, I had to take my dog in too because she wasn’t eating but they weren’t letting people inside. It’s a drive up/ drop off situation. They take your card and bring the paperwork out to you in your car for payment too. Did the same for my foster dog. All the vets are pretty much doing that here. I’ve read conflicting things on animal transmissions.

People are being dumb now and just tired of staying in. It’s not just the ‘freedom’ protests.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
For anyone who thought there would be no cons in 2020, Tampa Bay Comic Con was given the green light to go forward in July today.  Temperature checks and hand sanitizer, but nothing about reduced capacity or 6 foot distance.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
45,000-60,000 attendees.

I was reading about that earlier. Of course it’s Florida. I was wondering who the organizer was. Temp checks aren’t really sufficient. I read Universal in Orlando was opening soon. June 3? Eek.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
Already made other plans so nope I wouldn’t go, by other plans I mean work. See you all next year at SDCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Atlanta Comic-Con has been given the green light for July 31-Aug 2.  Pretty sure that means DragonCon will go forward as scheduled too.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Atlanta Comic-Con has been given the green light for July 31-Aug 2.  Pretty sure that means DragonCon will go forward as scheduled too.

Wow.  Kemp just doesn't get it.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713

I believe more data will confirm that the recovery rate is well north of 99% (IMO). 

Good for them.   :) :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770

I believe more data will confirm that the recovery rate is well north of 99% (IMO). 

Good for them.   :) :)

_IF_ that's the case (and right now that's mere speculation), that says NOTHING about the long-term effects this disease is potentially exhibiting: or the complications from the disease (such as a 'newer' discovery that it's causing young adults to have severe strokes; or children to have significant circulatory issues; or how lungs are not recovering 100% in many patients).  Or other complications due to the treatment of COVID-19 that could require intubation; there's a Broadway star who had to be put into a coma after intubation.  Because intubation messes with blood flow to lungs and whatnot, it screwed up his circulatory system and he had to have a leg amputated.  He came out of the coma for awhile before taking a bad "turn" and I haven't seen any updates since.

I mean, going to a convention is a relatively stupid thing if the exchange is being in the hospital for several weeks in potentially excruciating pain for a 'moderate' case, not accounting for a more serious 'version' or complications.  I mean, cons are annual & I can wait this out if it's a matter of risking getting sick or dying, or infecting my high-risk wife.

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
Or bringing it home with you and inadvertently passing it in to a loved one who dies from it.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
_IF_ that's the case (and right now that's mere speculation), that says NOTHING about the long-term effects this disease is potentially exhibiting: or the complications from the disease (such as a 'newer' discovery that it's causing young adults to have severe strokes; or children to have significant circulatory issues; or how lungs are not recovering 100% in many patients).  Or other complications due to the treatment of COVID-19 that could require intubation; there's a Broadway star who had to be put into a coma after intubation.  Because intubation messes with blood flow to lungs and whatnot, it screwed up his circulatory system and he had to have a leg amputated.  He came out of the coma for awhile before taking a bad "turn" and I haven't seen any updates since.

I mean, going to a convention is a relatively stupid thing if the exchange is being in the hospital for several weeks in potentially excruciating pain for a 'moderate' case, not accounting for a more serious 'version' or complications.  I mean, cons are annual & I can wait this out if it's a matter of risking getting sick or dying, or infecting my high-risk wife.

That's the thing that some people aren't considering.  Just because you recover, doesn't mean you recovered unscathed.  Long term effects can be many things including reduction in lung function.

Also, just because it's mild doesn't mean it can't linger for a long time.  Chris Cuomo continued to work during his mild illness so it's a good well documented look into what that entails.  It went on for weeks.  Including how he was isolated in his house but everyone living there still caught it.  Covid isn't just about you, it's about everyone around you.  There are people into the months now that still haven't shaken their mild bout with covid.  You know how it sucks to have a cold for a couple of days.  Picture that over 2 months.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713

This can be said about any of the viruses we encounter.  We have to decide if we want to take the risk.  I totally understand if you didn't want to expose your wife.  I don't have any high risk conditions.  I've got a convention in Atlanta in September.  I'm actually considering tagging Dragon Con onto that visit, if it's not cancelled.   :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
We have to decide if we want to take the risk.

That's the thing about infectious diseases.  You aren't the only one taking the risk.  You are deciding for everyone if they should take the risk too.  Infectious diseases aren't only about you.

I wonder if the state gave then indemnification from liability.  That's one of the things holding up a federal bill.  The republicans want to protect businesses from any liability.  So on one hand, they are saying that covid is no big deal so businesses should reopen.  On the other hand, they are saying that covid is a big deal so we have to indemnify businesses from any liability.