Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 210940 times)

Offline Dubb

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 316
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1710 on: April 16, 2019, 04:34:18 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
omg Why do they even bother being part of the sale? I mean Bristol pulled out for what I assume is private booking reasons (could be wrong) so if Pendry is going to do that, just don't put yourself in the sale at all.  Come one my dudes.

I am looking forward to seeing if anyone gets the Moxy.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #1711 on: April 16, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »
The elusive pendry... makes me want to go there this year and see if I can snag a guest and interview them lol

I went in there to sit down for a minute and saw nothing but syfy crew wandering around. And then I saw this drunk guy try to fight one of the camera guys. His girlfriend had to stop him. It was the middle of the day too.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1712 on: Today at 02:56:31 AM »

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #1712 on: April 16, 2019, 04:36:51 PM »

That looks fancy.  Didn't even notice it on the list.
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

TravT77

« Reply #1713 on: April 16, 2019, 04:37:53 PM »
Assuming one does not get a room through either the sale or the exchange, and due to OnPeaks less than perfect system said person gets no email at all, how would the sale website be accessed to attempt to snag a leftover? I assume the emails contain a link to the sale site?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1714 on: April 16, 2019, 04:38:33 PM »
I went in there to sit down for a minute and saw nothing but syfy crew wandering around. And then I saw this drunk guy try to fight one of the camera guys. His girlfriend had to stop him. It was the middle of the day too.

Oye, so much good beer in SD.  Hard for some to deal with it all I guess.
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1715 on: April 16, 2019, 04:40:45 PM »
Assuming one does not get a room through either the sale or the exchange, and due to OnPeaks less than perfect system said person gets no email at all, how would the sale website be accessed to attempt to snag a leftover? I assume the emails contain a link to the sale site?

Correct, they will open up the portal with left over rooms on a first come first serve bases.  The inventory with update periodically.  There will be rooms on the site all the way up to convention time. They will be the less desirable ones however. As cancellations occur rooms will be free'ed up in real time.  I booked and cancelled 3 times last year. each time upgrading to a better hotel lol. Started with a reservation on the island, ended up at HBF.

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1716 on: April 16, 2019, 04:47:56 PM »
Correct, they will open up the portal with left over rooms on a first come first serve bases.  The inventory with update periodically.  There will be rooms on the site all the way up to convention time. They will be the less desirable ones however. As cancellations occur rooms will be free'ed up in real time.  I booked and cancelled 3 times last year. each time upgrading to a better hotel lol. Started with a reservation on the island, ended up at HBF.

If you book and cancel multiple times, what happens to the deposit? Does it carry over, or do you have to make new deposits while the other deposit gets returned to your card?

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1717 on: April 16, 2019, 04:52:19 PM »

Specifically, a link will be sent out to people who opted into the "waitlist" and they will be given access to the portal first for a few hours. Then the site will be opened to the public and anyone can access the site.  That is the way it's suppose to work, but last year apparently people used the link from last year and got access to the site an hour early.  This is what the site will look like. Sorry for the small picture.  It's the only screen shot I could find on google.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1718 on: April 16, 2019, 04:55:00 PM »
If you book and cancel multiple times, what happens to the deposit? Does it carry over, or do you have to make new deposits while the other deposit gets returned to your card?

You will need to make a deposit at the time you book unlike the lottery where you request and deposit later. Deposit is required it to complete the reservation request, and the CC card is processed right then and there.  I then cancelled my prior reservation and it took 3-5 days for the older deposit to be refunded.  So yea. You're gonna need plenty of overhead on your card to handle multiple deposits. 

TravT77

« Reply #1719 on: April 16, 2019, 04:55:57 PM »
Thanks for the info SynXack!

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1720 on: April 16, 2019, 04:59:18 PM »
Thanks [member=8114]SynXack[/member]!

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #1721 on: April 16, 2019, 05:08:20 PM »

Me too. I put it on my list as a lark.  I haven’t seen any “got the Moxy” messages. I didn’t get an email today.

Offline Cajnca559

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #1722 on: April 16, 2019, 05:10:31 PM »
A little late to the party but got access to the form at 9:01, form was submitted at 9:09 due to being on my phone. Received my number 3 hotel U.S. Grant. Which by the way is an absolutely fantastic hotel.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1723 on: April 16, 2019, 05:14:21 PM »
A little late to the party but got access to the form at 9:01, form was submitted at 9:09 due to being on my phone. Received my number 3 hotel U.S. Grant. Which by the way is an absolutely fantastic hotel.

Make sure to submit you results to Marks survey.  It's for science!

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #1724 on: April 16, 2019, 05:44:11 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted data or filled out the google form! ( You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Still no Pendry sightings this year :(

If we didn't get an email yet, do you still want us to fill out the form, because one of the questions was which wave did you get an email?