Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211121 times)

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #1800 on: April 17, 2019, 02:34:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Good.  I'm glad I'm not crazy.  Maybe the rooms filled up quickly after I posted.  I don't know.
Could be!  I think it also depended on what days you put in.  I tried Tuesday to Tuesday (our dates), and didn't get things, but if you do different dates you can get different room options and rates.  I'm assuming they are getting booked up too :)

EDIT: I tried it again and it only worked for non-SDCC dates like Sunday through Tuesday.  Maybe they will open it up to SDCC dates later?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 02:43:42 PM by kihou »

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1801 on: April 17, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »
Does anyone know how you get access to the club level at MGH? Is it a room upgrade or do you have to reach the upper echelons of their loyalty program?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #1802 on: Today at 09:45:45 AM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #1802 on: April 17, 2019, 03:05:44 PM »
Does anyone know how you get access to the club level at MGH? Is it a room upgrade or do you have to reach the upper echelons of their loyalty program?

i think it's an upgrade--
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline LB42

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 181
« Reply #1803 on: April 17, 2019, 03:24:42 PM »
I see. Was considering trying to get my hands on a room there, but I have The Solamar. Plus dogs, sooooo....clearly Solamar is the winner. I better see some pooches dressed for con. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Molly, a giant black lab who LOVED tennis balls, was the lobby dog at Solomar last year.  I hope she is still there because  I plan to visit and see just how many tennis balls she has learned to get in her mouth at one time.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #1804 on: April 17, 2019, 03:26:07 PM »
Could be!  I think it also depended on what days you put in.  I tried Tuesday to Tuesday (our dates), and didn't get things, but if you do different dates you can get different room options and rates.  I'm assuming they are getting booked up too :)

EDIT: I tried it again and it only worked for non-SDCC dates like Sunday through Tuesday.  Maybe they will open it up to SDCC dates later?

The first time, I put in Thursday through Sunday for four people.  There were a bunch of options presented to me, including some really nice (out-of-my-budget) suites.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #1805 on: April 17, 2019, 03:27:28 PM »

Room upgrade, few weeks before convention starts email one of their supervisors. It will not be the same rate as the comic con rate shown in pdf. They can charge whatever rate they want but it's still cheaper than non comic Con room rate. I think it was an additional 80 a night for me last year.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
  • Liked: 205
« Reply #1806 on: April 17, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »
Room upgrade, few weeks before convention starts email one of their supervisors. It will not be the same rate as the comic con rate shown in pdf. They can charge whatever rate they want but it's still cheaper than non comic Con room rate. I think it was an additional 80 a night for me last year.

This goes for all the hotels really.  Once the reservation actually transfers from OnPeak into the actual hotel chains system. Upgrades are handled like any upgrade you'd get at a normal hotel on a normal weekend.  You can request in advanced and at check in.  Last year the morning reservations were transferred to hotel, I used the Hilton app to upgrade and pick my room at the HBF.  I got to choose floor and location.  I picked a corner room facing gas lamp on a high floor so i could see everything and have more windows.
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline cbaggs

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 92
« Reply #1807 on: April 17, 2019, 03:46:23 PM »
Just another MGH tip: one year we were given a room with two double beds, but I knew the MGH had rooms with two queen beds so I asked about it at check in (because why not have extra bed/room space if we can?).  They upgraded us to a room with two queens for $30 more a night.  It was also a really high up room with an amazing view of the bay.

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1808 on: April 17, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »
FYI FOR ALL MGH Guests.  I just got an email last week from MGH and MLife that they are renewing their partnership.  They will match tiers if you have a higher tier of one than the other.  IE if you have MLife and are tier 3 they will move you to tier 3 of Hyatts rewards program.  Both MLife and Hyatt rewards programs are free and you can sign up online.  If you frequent Vegas getting your points matched for MLife is a must!! Free parking in Vegas!
“If no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.”--Yoda

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #1809 on: April 17, 2019, 04:06:47 PM »
Thanks guys! [member=8114]SynXack[/member] [member=2390]cbaggs[/member] [member=7825]Sakura17[/member]

Offline clarrkkent

• Gaming Lounge
  • @Wa_Fly_Guy on IG
  • Liked: 177
« Reply #1810 on: April 17, 2019, 04:28:58 PM »
Thanks @Angel @Transmute Jun @Mario Wario @Angie @ozzz @dubb @accelerate @hipchick and I’m sure others that I forgot!

Thanks for the insight and tips! I’ll put it on list of places to try for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man"

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #1811 on: April 17, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »
Just a question about MMM I went to book some bookend dates on the Marriott website but notice that there is a $30 destination Fee does anyone know if this will be charges on top of the Comic Con rates and does every room have a fridge or will I need to request one. Also which view do you believe is the best bay view or city view?

Offline SynXack

• Gaming Lounge
  • Guru Meditation == 0x0
« Reply #1812 on: April 17, 2019, 05:04:09 PM »
Just a question about MMM I went to book some bookend dates on the Marriott website but notice that there is a $30 destination Fee does anyone know if this will be charges on top of the Comic Con rates and does every room have a fridge or will I need to request one. Also which view do you believe is the best bay view or city view?

The "Destination fee" aka resort fee and know by other such names is not included in the price on the hotel list.  You will be charged the destination fee for every day you stay. It can't be waived.  Yes it sucks.  More and more hotels are doing it. 

I only stayed at MMM once 7 or 8 years ago. I don't remember there being a fridge. I could be wrong. 

Bay view for me.  City view if you want to people watch. You will have a decent view of stuff going on in gaslamp.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:15:33 PM by SynXack »

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #1813 on: April 17, 2019, 05:20:02 PM »
The "Destination fee" aka resort fee and know by other such names is not included in the price on the hotel list.  You will be charged the destination fee for every day you stay. It can't be waived.  Yes it sucks.  More and more hotels are doing it. 

I only stayed at MMM once 7 or 8 years ago. I don't remember there being a fridge. I could be wrong. 

Bay view for me.  City view if you want to people watch. You will have a decent view of stuff going on in gaslamp.

It can be waved at MGH. I wasn't charged for it last year for being part of their reawrds program :)
Idk how it works with MMM but yeah

Offline ShannonCooper87

• Supporter
  • Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #1814 on: April 17, 2019, 05:22:36 PM »

I was hoping that they wouldn't charge it for Comic Con but I guess its a really good money maker for them.

I am leaning towards bay view just have to see what my rooms mates prefer.