Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211455 times)

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2685 on: July 02, 2019, 05:35:08 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Last year I received an email on 7/12 with my hotel confirmation number.
Steve, was this a week or 10 days before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2686 on: July 02, 2019, 06:07:31 AM »
Steve, was this a week or 10 days before?

That was one week before.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2687 on: Today at 11:19:13 PM »

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #2687 on: July 02, 2019, 08:36:39 AM »
Omni charging full reservations apparently?

#FireOnPeak

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #2688 on: July 02, 2019, 08:39:11 AM »

#FireOnPeak

Ublog tweeted about it, sounds like Omni is working to fix the issue.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2689 on: July 02, 2019, 08:43:24 AM »

#FireOnPeak
This appears to be an onPeak issue.  They seem to be transferring the reservations over to the hotels with the original credit card info, but for some reason, they are holding on to the deposits.
Maybe to get that extra tenth of a percent interest on our money.  Not cool. >:(

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #2690 on: July 02, 2019, 08:49:39 AM »
I wish the hotels would be on our side in this particular issue. They've signed contracts with CCI, so they know how the whole process is supposed to work, and it's not "charge the full balance to the occupant". You'd think they'd be annoyed with OnPeak too for not promptly sending all that guaranteed money they're owed (as opposed to charging credit cards that sometimes default).

Offline quantumslip

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #2691 on: July 02, 2019, 08:54:32 AM »
Probably a given, but this is a good reminder to try to use a credit card for these hotel stuff and not a debit card. A bunch of authorizations could lock up a lot of your money.

Offline rickythump

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 310
« Reply #2692 on: July 02, 2019, 09:20:30 AM »
Credit card holds aren't as big of an issue than debit, agree - but it is still ridiculous that attendees have to deal with at all to begin with. The burden shouldn't be on us to accommodate this situation.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #2693 on: July 02, 2019, 09:25:23 AM »
Hey guys,

I am unfortunately unable to make it out this year (adulting for the lose!). I have a Manchester Grand Hyatt reservation quad occupancy. Just looking to get my deposit back. Send me a PM if interested!

I recommend posting in the hotel offer thread to see if anyone wants it!
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Requia

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #2694 on: July 02, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »
Does anyone have any experience changing from occupancy and stay length after the transfers? Is it possible? Will the room rate stay the same?

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #2695 on: July 02, 2019, 11:08:17 AM »
So my issue wasn't as bad as a lot of people's here but I gotta vent.  This is going to be a long and stupid rant so feel free to skip.

I wanted to hook up one of my roommate's Hilton Honors accounts to the room.  I called yesterday, started the conversation with "I want to check the details of my reservation and connect an Honors account."  Fairly straight forward.  I gave him the dates and my name (no confirmation number yet because I needed to get it from them), and then he said the Hilton Bayfront is sold out... well, of course.  I have one of those rooms. I'm calling for the details and to connect an honors account.  Frustrating.  But eventually after repeating myself like three times he gets it.  I repeat the information back to him and he confirms that everything is set up and I hang up.

Then my friend tries to pull the reservation in his account and it's not there. Something is wrong and I call back.

Yet again I start the call stating my intentions.  I'm calling to check the details of an existing reservation and I want to connect a Hilton Honors account to it.  And this time I have the confirmation number.  I ask if he wants it and he says no. Ok. Weird, but whatever.  He asks for the dates and the name and I give it to him.  Then he says.... the Hilton Bayfront is sold out for those dates. I KNOW.  I'm one of the people with the room omfg. 

Again, I make sure all the information is repeated back to me for accuracy and finally the room pops up in my friend's online reservation.  We are good to go now but that was a horrid experience.

I definitely pressed the right buttons.  There was an option to book a room and an option to check an existing reservation.  I chose the latter.  I even began both conversations stating that I had a reservation already.  But they didn't care.  They just wanted to upsell and book me into a room I didn't need.

This isn't Hilton Bayfront's fault.  I know for a fact that the people I spoke to weren't actually in San Diego because they had no idea what Comic Con was at all.  Whatever call center they use for this is horribly disorganized and doesn't actually listen to what is being said on the phone.  I work in a call center. I know this job is stressful and difficult. But goodness, listen to what people are saying.

Anyway, that's my big dumb rant of the day.  I'm going to be pleasant and joyous for the rest of the day YAY happiness for all

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #2696 on: July 02, 2019, 11:48:34 AM »
Yikes! Sounds rough, but i let out a sigh of relief for you when the story didn't end with "and my room was cancelled"

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #2697 on: July 02, 2019, 12:41:49 PM »
When I call to check on a reservation, I usually call the hotels phone number direct and tell them what I want to request/verify.  I'm not sure if that actually puts me in touch with someone at the hotel or if I go off to customer call center land but I've never had issues.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #2698 on: July 02, 2019, 12:54:07 PM »
When I call to check on a reservation, I usually call the hotels phone number direct and tell them what I want to request/verify.  I'm not sure if that actually puts me in touch with someone at the hotel or if I go off to customer call center land but I've never had issues.

I called the hotel directly.  During my lunch break at work I tend to connect directly to the hotel, but at some point in the evening it switches to a call center.  The call center is where the problems are.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2699 on: July 02, 2019, 12:54:18 PM »
My reservation for MGH showed up in my Hyatt app sometime this morning and I’m happy to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro