Author Topic: Geek & Sundry Is Back  (Read 3098 times)

Yzrfan

Re: Geek & Sundry Is Back
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
Going to try and be father of the year and get my daughters and wife there during the big show

For over a thousand generations, the Comic Con Nerds were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Twilhearts

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 07:43:57 AM »
I don't think their party was open bar, I just meant that if I was paying $90,000 to hold an event, I would expect the venue to provide an open bar LOL

We never found it crowded, but we spent most of our time outside on the deck. We didn't go to their party last year, but we saw the line for it!

Yes, as TM said, it was open all 4 days.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 03:17:36 PM »

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 01:03:37 PM »
Sounds awesome but...is it mega crowded, esp. since it's open to the public? Are there long lines to do everything (e.g. play game demos)? What's the likelihood of actually getting to meet Felicia Day?

Last year, my friend and I wondered in when we had some free time and there was no line, only to find that Felicia Day was there filming a live show in the little "stage" area. We didn't meet her, but we got to stand there and watch her play some game - maybe D&D, I don't remember - from really close up. And that was without even trying!

There were long lines though, especially during scheduled events like parties and stuff. My friend and I were always in that area, so we would check out the line if we had some time to kill, and jumped in when we saw we could jump in the door.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2014, 04:54:12 PM »
Play Gloom at Geek & Sundry--

"Gloom Fans: Are you going to be at Comic-Con?

We've teamed up with Geek & Sundry to put on a spotlight Gloom event at San Diego Comic-Con. The festivities will be hosted by Gloom designer Keith Baker, and give you a chance to play Gloom alongside special guests from TableTop and a variety of other Geek & Sundry shows. (And also, a chance to win some of the oversized, stand-up story cards we showed you here last week!)

If you'd like us to reserve you a seat at this highly exclusive event, leave a comment describing the dreadful (real or invented) calamities you're likely to endure if we *don't* put you on the guest list.

We'll pick our favorite three disasters on Wednesday (7/16) afternoon and add those names to the list, so don't delay!"

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:58:33 PM by frgx »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2014, 05:01:43 PM »
Win VIP tix to The Thrilling Adventure Hour and Welcome to Night Vale show--

"Our #comiccon giveaway is live! We're doing one huge giveaway a day! Our first giveaway: 2 box seat tickets to The Thrilling Adventure Hour and Welcome to Night Vale show at SDCC! Must be 21 or over to win, must be able to attend the show.

Click here to enter: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  "

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2014, 02:03:17 PM »
Geek and Sundry schedule is up!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2014, 09:43:09 PM »
How early do you think we should get to Jolt N Joes if we want to get into a G&S party?

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2014, 10:28:54 PM »
I was going to ask why only two days.. thought maybe they had other things going on. But maybe it is cost. Downtown is pretty pricey but I'm sure they jack up prices for Con.