Author Topic: Trailers! Trailers!  (Read 131088 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Trailers! Trailers!
« Reply #585 on: March 21, 2024, 05:05:17 PM »
Is a Beetlejuice sequel made 30+ years after the original break-out hit that cemented Tim Burton & Michael Keaton as stars big enough to anchor a BATMAN franchise a good idea?  Can that weird, funny, gothic magic be recreated?  Can Tim Burton, who’s made a lot of..not great looking CGI Disney remakes still capable of making a legit-great movie (IMO his last ‘good’ movie, not great but entertaining and worth seeing film, was SWEENY TODD)?!

The verdict is still out, but we have the first teaser for BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE that dropped this afternoon

The premise from WB:
After an unexpected family tragedy, three generations of the Deetz family return home to Winter River.  Still haunted by Beetlejuice, Lydia's life is turned upside down when her rebellious teenage daughter, Astrid, discovers the mysterious model of the town in the attic and the portal to the Afterlife is accidentally opened.  With trouble brewing in both realms, it's only a matter of time until someone says Beetlejuice's name three times and the mischievous demon returns to unleash his very own brand of mayhem.
I certainly can’t guess the answers to the above questions of mine, but this certainly LOOKS like the original BEETLEJUICE vibe, and I’ve been a big Michael Keaton fan since seeing NIGHT SHIFT and MR. MOM on cable TV in the early 1980’s; I was a Tim Burton fan from the beginning, since seeingPEE WEE’S BIG ADVENTURE in theater when it was first released.  I saw BEETLEJUICE in theaters opening weekend, and I must’ve been the rare middle schooler in the late 80’s when it was announced Burton would direct and Keaton would be BATMAN that I was legit really excited to see what they’d do.  So I’m cautiously optimistic!

BEETLEJUICE BEETLEJUICE comes out September 6, so here’s a movie we’ll likely see a big presence of at SDCC