Author Topic: Hotel Payment Details  (Read 6709 times)

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 82
Hotel Payment Details
« on: March 25, 2012, 12:45:19 PM »
So after reading over some of the paperwork, I am curious as to when payment is due. If I am reading this correctly,

Confirmation email on room reservations come in 48 hrs after request forms are completed.....
and payment is due 48 hours AFTER that?

Am I reading it right??

Offline Trev

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 33
Re: Hotel Payment Details
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 01:01:57 PM »
Yes, I think that's right. Basically, once they allocate you a room you get 48 hrs. to confirm and provide the guarantee for the room.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 02:28:18 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So after reading over some of the paperwork, I am curious as to when payment is due. If I am reading this correctly,

Confirmation email on room reservations come in 48 hrs after request forms are completed.....
and payment is due 48 hours AFTER that?

Am I reading it right??
According to the CCI website: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
"All reservations require an advance deposit equal to two night’s room and tax. Deposits are required when you log back in to guarantee your reservation and must be submitted within 48 hours of receiving your confirmation or you will lose your reservation and you will not have a hotel room for Comic-Con."

(From the same page)
"Once confirmed, all hotel reservations will require a deposit of two night’s room and tax for each room booked. This will encourage people to release unwanted rooms in advance so people on the wait list can reserve them."

The full hotel payment is NOT due after getting your hotel confirmation--it's asking for two nights (plus tax).

Hope that helps! ^_^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Thanks guys it helps a lot..

Does anyone know what information they require for getting the hotel rooms before the payment is due?

Name, email? DL #? Just trying to gauge what I will have to have next to me in order to get the room.. Also, it says "If you are not happy with your hotel and do not plan to confirm your reservation, please log on and cancel your reservation....."

Where am I supposed to log into? Does this mean that they will require a member id now?

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »

Does anyone know what information they require for getting the hotel rooms before the payment is due?

Name, email? DL #? Just trying to gauge what I will have to have next to me in order to get the room.. Also, it says "If you are not happy with your hotel and do not plan to confirm your reservation, please log on and cancel your reservation....."

Where am I supposed to log into? Does this mean that they will require a member id now?

It'll be a link that routes you to Travel Planners. The email will give you instructions on where to go to enter payment information.

As for signing up, I believe it's just your name, email, contact info and then the list of hotels. I don't recall having to provide DL # or anything of that nature (SSN, etc). Just the basic contact stuff...
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline joyful_314

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 02:36:49 AM »
I thought payment info wasn't until you got the confirmation email.?

Offline Mario_c

• Ballroom 20
  • Comedian, Comic Book Writer, Fashionisto
    • My Links
  • Liked: 53
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 06:10:43 AM »
Last year the payment info wasnt needed until you confirmed as far as I remember, my gf did it for us.

I think you just list your picks and I am sure you log in with that new Member ID so they have your info.

Offline KirbySS

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 11:56:00 PM »

Your basic personal info (name, address, email, phone) plus the names of the people staying in your room. You won't need a DL. You won't be asked for payment information until they confirm your reservation via email (later).

You don't need a member ID to reserve a room. You don't log in when filling out the hotel reservation form. You will log in to the hotel reservations web site, not the Comic-Con web site, to confirm your reservation later. You will do this with the confirmation number they send you in their confirmation email (not your Comic-Con Member ID).