Author Topic: 'A Cup O' Tea with... An Englishman In San Diego'; Talkin' Comic-Con (weekly Google+ Hangout show)  (Read 59094 times)

Offline EnglishmanInSanDiego

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 120
'A Cup O' Tea with... An Englishman In San Diego' (5th May 2014)

A weekly Google+ Hangout On Air with Leonard Sultana (An An Englishman In San Diego), talking all this weeks news about Comic-Con! Featuring special guests, lots of YOUR contributions and a playback of an interview with Jon Gjerset of ACE Parking, ahead of the Parking Sale on May 20th.

(Usually this Hangout takes place EVERY SUNDAY: this weeks has been postponed for one day - so it's today!)

Alyssa Franks will be joining us to talk about subjects raised on the Forum this week - so maybe I should start calling this 'A Cup O' Tea with AEISD and Friends Of CCI'...!!

We're getting prepared for today's Hangout - live 'on air' in just over an hour (0930pst/1230est/0530gmt). Don't forget, any questions you might have, or subjects you'd like us to cover, now's the time! Go to the Google+ Event page, hit the Q&A button in the video window (or leave a comment in the Event page) and ask away.

Google+ Event Page: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
YouTube Page (not available on Apple TV until after live air):
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
Was watching it at work but it stopped loading at 23.28 minutes, will have to watch later at home.
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
I would like to hear. I haven't met a brit in SoCal yet.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
The first year that I bought parking permits online was in 2010. So this will be the 5th year that they've been selling permits online.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
to my recollection they didn't announce the sale date until 2 years ago...<am i right?>
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
to my recollection they didn't announce the sale date until 2 years ago...<am i right?>

That sounds right. The first couple of times they just gave out sale info on the CCI Facebook page. No formal announcement.

Offline BadWolf

• Volunteer HQ
  • It's all the same to the many faced god.
  • Liked: 691
Oh, this is excellent.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
 Yep, just like badge sales, parking used to be a 'soft opening'.

• Ballroom 20
If nobody objects, I'm going to rename this thread generally as use it as a running update to the latest episodes of A Cup O' Tea, letting you know about the Event Pages so you can interact, forthcoming guests and topics under discussion. This last episode (Sun, 1st June) was a good one, I think, with some new faces adding fresh colour to the weekly lineup. Thanks to Alyssa, John (N3rd Link), Chris (The Nerd Fu), Tina (Red Hot Diva) and Mark Searby for taking part.

A Cup O'Tea with An Englishman In San Diego; Talkin' Comic-Con (1st June 2014)

I hope everyone can join us again next Sunday.

You let The Man get you down, The Man wins - I say, Damn The Man.
"I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."
Don't let The Man get you down; you do that and The Man wins. I say, Damn The Man. "I cannot lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies."

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
Sounds good to me.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
That sounds like a great idea, Leonard!

• Ballroom 20
For those who aren't inclined to watching an hour or so of 'talking heads', there's going to be an audio version available, approx two hours after the main show ends. To give you an idea of what to expect, and if you haven't watched this weeks show, here it is:

A Cup O' Tea with... (1st June 2014)

• Ballroom 20
Are you a Comic-Con International first-timer? Then this week's Cup O'Tea show is for you!

Every Sunday from 0930 PST/1230 EST/1730GMT, Leonard Sulltana ( An Englishman In San Diego) hosts live Hangout where he and his Special Guests talk everything SDCC - with FORTY-FIVE DAYS to go, there's lots to get excited about.

Today is all about getting the most out of your Con, especially if 2014 is your first time - what can you expect from your trip to San Diego? What should you do to prepare for this massive event? And what you like to know before you get into town?

Special Guests today: Tony B. Kim (Crazy 4 Comic-Con), Alyssa Franks (Friends Of CCI), Megan Gotch (The Nerdy Girlie), Red Hot Diva, The Nerdy Girls, along with some Surprise Guests, pass on the benefits of their experience to help out all you #SDCCvirgin 's out there!

Join us at:
Or watch live at:

Offline Bert Su

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 73
Thanks for making this show,  UKdj
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to my YouTube channel for Transformers reviews

Offline Breuls

• Exhibit Hall
  • Bad Wolf
    • Breuls.log
  • Liked: 22
Thanks for making this show,  UKdj
Second that. It's a nice watch. :)