Author Topic: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread  (Read 50355 times)

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 83
Re: SDCC 2016 GENERAL REGISTRATION Discussion Thread
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2015, 04:29:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i agree that its still worth going to San Diego during the con even if you aren't lucky enough to get tickets - my family and i came from the UK this year and had a great time - but really, really want to get tickets for 2016 because of it

This is good to hear as I'm in San Diego for the week of SDCC any way so reassuring to know there will be things to do even if I don't get a ticket!

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2015, 06:36:52 AM »
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this and that's its a no, stay well clear and that the only way to get a badge for SDCC is via the general open registration... but I'll ask any way!

I've seen the chance to purchase packages (at over priced rates) including badges for SDCC listed on various ticket websites. I assume these are not legit and risk potentially not being honored so stay well clear of?

Note: That verification question Finish the name, Stan gets me every time... I keep writing Stan Smith first! D'oh too much American Dad.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:52:16 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 06:57:47 AM »
I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this and that's its a no, stay well clear and that the only way to get a badge for SDCC is via the general open registration... but I'll ask any way!

I've seen the chance to purchase packages (at over priced rates) including badges for SDCC listed on various ticket websites. I assume these are not legit and risk potentially not being honored so stay well clear of?

Note: That verification question Finish the name, Stan gets me every time... I keep writing Stan Smith first! D'oh too much American Dad.

You are correct in that the overpriced rates on auction websites and the like are illegitimate and ill-advised ways to obtain Comic-Con badges.  Those interactions can be risky and even malicious scams.  CCI does not allow transfers or reselling of their badges (it's listed in their registration policies).  It's always better to try and purchase badges directly from CCI's official registration vendor, EPIC, instead of a third-party individual seller.

However, the best part about this forum community is that we help each other.  Sometime early next year, there will be a thread specifically created for general (open) registration buying groups for forum members to work together to purchase badges.

Don't give up hope just yet!  There is still a chance.

Here's a quick summary of what the buying groups are:

Click on the spoiler tag to see the text.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope that helps! ^__^d
« Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 07:01:38 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline highgiant

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2015, 06:58:49 AM »
Great thanks Zero.

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 07:04:00 AM »
Great thanks Zero.

Anytime, highgiant!  You're welcome.  ^__^d  Definitely keep a lookout for the general registration buying group threads.  Some of the currently existing groups might have room to take in a few new members at that time, and sometimes, brand-new groups are formed if there is someone willing to act as a group leader.  You never know. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JoAngel20

• Freebie Table
  • Nothing lasts forever...
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2015, 11:59:03 AM »
Anytime, highgiant!  You're welcome.  ^__^d  Definitely keep a lookout for the general registration buying group threads.  Some of the currently existing groups might have room to take in a few new members at that time, and sometimes, brand-new groups are formed if there is someone willing to act as a group leader.  You never know.

Just out of curiosity, when do those threads usually start to pop up?
"Thank you for your cooperation"

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2015, 02:18:29 PM »
Just out of curiosity, when do those threads usually start to pop up?

Normally, we start to talk open registration (seriously, obviously we're talking about registration all of the time) as soon as pre-registration is over.

Offline JoAngel20

• Freebie Table
  • Nothing lasts forever...
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2015, 03:24:06 PM »
Normally, we start to talk open registration (seriously, obviously we're talking about registration all of the time) as soon as pre-registration is over.

Ok thank you  :)
"Thank you for your cooperation"

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2015, 10:14:09 AM »
First, congrats to those who got badges today! Those that didn't or didn't get all the days, try for open reg!

Speaking of which, for me, after reading the above posts, just to be safe until the right thread is created, I would like to join a buying group for open reg, if that is still possible.  :) 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:17:18 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »
First, congrats to those who got badges today! Those that didn't or didn't get all the days, try for open reg!

Speaking of which, for me, after reading the above posts, just to be safe until the right thread is created, I would like to join a buying group for open reg, if that is still possible.  :) 

you've been around a bunch- i can't see as how a lot of groups would be happy to take you in
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2015, 04:10:15 PM »

We will be announcing the setup for general/open registration buying groups toward the end of the month. You are certain here at the right place and time to join a buying group for open registration!

Offline Billybear

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 02:49:29 AM »
i really want to join a buying group - have booked flights and hotel (coming from UK) - the flights are non refundable, so will be a long week hanging about if i dont get tickets again this year
im a geek :)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2015, 03:03:46 AM »
i really want to join a buying group - have booked flights and hotel (coming from UK) - the flights are non refundable, so will be a long week hanging about if i dont get tickets again this year

I can guarantee that there will be tons of stuff to do outside of the convention center (and those won't require a Comic-Con badge either).  Prime examples include Nerdist as well as NerdHQ panels and exhibits at Petco Park.  Even if you manage to only get a few days for the convention during the general registration sale, there are many things to see and experience.

For now, don't give up hope just yet!

With that said, information about general registration buying groups will be forthcoming! 

Right now, my recommendation is to take this opportunity to get to know your fellow forum members by posting and interacting with others on the forums.  By doing this, you'll gain a level of trust with each other that will inevitably help out in these buying groups in the long run.  With that trust, you'll know that there are people you can count on for pre-registration or general registration in the future.

(Lurkers and newbies, I'm talking to you! ;p)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 03:11:42 AM by Zero »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2015, 05:23:40 AM »
contact ukdeejay/Leonard/#CupOTeasdcc/@englishmanSDCC, he runs a fb group for Britt's-
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Billybear

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2015, 05:25:29 AM »
great stuff, thanks

my family and i came to San Diego this year during SDCC as part of a 3 week road trip and had the best time ever - even my wife, who really isnt into that sort of thing, loved the activities on the streets and the general feel of San Diego

my son and i did Walker Stalker, and the walking dead escape and generally hung out around the convention area - made us want more....

we attend comic cons in the UK, and RTX in Austin, but have decided to give those up since SDCC, as they seem tame now

im a geek :)