Author Topic: SDCC 2022 Volunteer Discussion  (Read 17716 times)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
Re: SDCC 2022 Volunteer Discussion
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2022, 11:59:16 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So I wonder if this volunteer registration is also the pre-con shift registration.  If it is, then that's bad for me.  Since a pre-con shift has always been first come first served.  I totally forgot registration started today until a few minutes ago.

Maybe not.  We have until 5/13 to register.  There's no indication all returning volunteers are signing up today.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2022, 12:03:19 PM »
Maybe not.  We have until 5/13 to register.  There's no indication all returning volunteers are signing up today.

Fingers crossed.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 01:52:04 AM »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2022, 12:33:21 PM »
Has anybody been able to change info, once entered and saved?
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #48 on: May 02, 2022, 12:36:22 PM »
It does look like they changed how pre-con works this year.  In cons past, checking that box put you on the pre-con shift interest list.  Then shortly before the con the sign up email would go out.  You got to pick the day and time of the shift.  Now it seems they will just let you know if they have a shift for you.

"We will email you 10 days or so before the show if we have a pre-show assignment for you."

So I wonder if this volunteer registration is also the pre-con shift registration.  If it is, then that's bad for me.  Since a pre-con shift has always been first come first served.  I totally forgot registration started today until a few minutes ago.
If so, I still think you will be fine. The system didn’t work correctly this morning at 10 am PT, and no one completed any signup until around 11 am from what I saw, so you weren’t that late to the ballgame. I’m also sure not everyone has signed up yet as sessionka pointed out.

Has anybody been able to change info, once entered and saved?
So far, no.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 08:20:11 PM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #49 on: May 02, 2022, 06:24:33 PM »
Two things:

1. It looks like we could register more than 1 person. Has anyone added another registrant?

2. I found it odd that even someone who did not do a shift, had their info auto-populated. It could lead to confusion.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2022, 06:36:03 PM by marcia29 »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2022, 07:03:07 PM »
1. It looks like we could register more than 1 person. Has anyone added another registrant?

I noticed that too.  I think it's because the software they are using is common across orders.  So placing a volunteer order is using the same mechanism as placing a badge order.  I'm curious if it works for volunteering.  If one person can register multiple volunteers then will that led to volunteer registration groups like badge buying groups?

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2022, 07:09:38 PM »
I noticed that too.  I think it's because the software they are using is common across orders.  So placing a volunteer order is using the same mechanism as placing a badge order.  I'm curious if it works for volunteering.  If one person can register multiple volunteers then will that led to volunteer registration groups like badge buying groups?

Very interesting thoughts!

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2022, 08:37:12 PM »

Two things:

2. I found it odd that even someone who did not do a shift, had their info auto-populated. It could lead to confusion.

The added text "If you are not a Returning Volunteer: Do not continue as your registration will not be accepted at this time" could have been highlighted or added as a separate line.

Offline jawabeenz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2022, 12:05:19 PM »
Does any one have a screenshot or saved html page of the volunteer registration questions? I want to be prepared for whats on the form and Ive heard ts changed.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2022, 06:41:34 PM »
Does any one have a screenshot or saved html page of the volunteer registration questions? I want to be prepared for whats on the form and Ive heard ts changed.
IIRC The form was all one page with mandatory fields at the top (Emergency Contact info) and ended with the pre-con box right before Add to Cart. Other than the changes mentioned in this thread, looked the same as other years.

With "Round 1" closing tomorrow, good time to bump the Timeline. Make sure to be opted in to Marketing Emails!

Daily Volunteer Registration Timeline  

First Round: Comic-Con 2022 Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will open Monday, May 2, 2022, for those who were registered to be a daily volunteer for Comic-Con 2020 or who were pre-approved by the Daily Volunteer Department. Returning Daily Volunteer Registration will remain open until Friday, May 13, 2022.

Interest List: Shortly after Returning Daily Volunteer Registration closes, the Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Interest List will open for signups. 

Second Round: After the Daily Volunteer Interest List signups close, Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration will open for those on the Interest List and any returning daily volunteers who did not register in the first round. Registration will remain open until the program’s capacity has been reached

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2022, 06:50:42 PM »

have an emergency contact and their phone number handy You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

^^ that always trips me up
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2022, 12:31:14 PM »
Interest List Announcement

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

"The Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Interest List will open for signups on May 16 at 10 AM PDT! You must have a Comic-Con Member ID and be 16 years or older to sign up. For more info, visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login "

CCI Website not updated yet.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2022, 06:28:56 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2022, 01:04:03 AM »
Link to the Comic-Con 2022 Daily Volunteer Registration in the dropdown no longer shows the complete form and no "Add To Cart" option for Returning Volunteers.

So "Closed" for now.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 01:18:48 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Islander009

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 24
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2022, 06:02:41 PM »
Very late to the game. But for a new person here that has volunteer questions

1) Are pre con spots available during 5/16 open volunteer registration? Or is it only open to those only in returning volunteers?

2) is open volunteer registration more of a waiting list?

3) what happens if you can’t volunteer on their assigned date? Say flight doesn’t arrive on time, or say Covid exposure and cannot attend.

Sorry all for the multiple questions but I hope some can help me out. I’ve been following this thread in hopes to learn something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline geargirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2022, 06:03:34 PM »
Hello - General question for people who have volunteered. What is it like? Is it random what days you get assigned - jobs - hours - any info woudl be very much appreciated.