Author Topic: CRUNCHYROLL CONCERT SERIES AT THE RADY SHELL-- 7/22 + 23  (Read 2196 times)

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
CRUNCHYROLL CONCERT SERIES AT THE RADY SHELL-- 7/22 + 23
« on: June 28, 2022, 08:45:04 AM »
Two nights of fun and immersive music and dance experiences including;

CRUNCHYROLL AND 88rising PRESENT:

CRUNCHYROLL-HIME DANCE PARTY WITH DJ JUN INAGAWA WITH ATARASHII GAKKO!

Friday, July 22 at 7pm-9:30pm | The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park

A high-impact performance with anime inspired elements and dance crew! 88Rising’s powerhouse J-Pop girl group ATARASHII GAKKO! represent a new generation of Japanese youth, one embracing personal expression and pushing against traditional boundaries a little at a time. The outlandish quartet — composed of kawaii-but-fierce Mizyu, wildcard Suzuka, graceful Kanon and funky Rin — break down genre walls to create music mixing elements of pop, jazz, hip-hop, rock and more. DJ Jun Inagawa opens the Crunchyroll-Hime Dance Party for anime fans to get their groove on!

ATARASHII GAKKO! (literally meaning “new school” in Japanese) are a group of four young women who are redefining what it means to be a girl group. They wear sailor-fuku (sailor suits) uniforms in a style that were worn by Japanese students back in the 70s and 80s with long skirts and pulled-up socks, and staunchly refuse to be objectified. Their aggressive and expressive dance moves, which they choreograph themselves, are a hybrid of the energy of Japanese butoh dance, heavy metal headbanging, and hip-hop street dancing. Musically, AG! brings together elements of modern J-Pop, Showa-era kayokyoku, rap, punk, dance music, but it would be pointless to try to categorize them in any genre.

DRAGON BALL Z CONCERT EXPERIENCE AND CRUNCHYROLL-HIME ANIMATA DANCE PARTY

Saturday, July 23 at 7pm | The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park

The Dragon Ball Z Concert Experience combines the senses and sounds of Dragon Ball Z, together with a world renowned orchestra, live vocals, and a legendary composer, to create a truly immersive multimedia, one-of-a-kind curated concert experience. Nicholas Buc, Conductor, and San Diego Symphony Orchestra power up for the experience.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 179
Re: CRUNCHYROLL CONCERT SERIES AT THE RADY SHELL-- 7/22 + 23
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2022, 09:07:04 AM »
I just saw this announcement in my emails  ;D

Here's a key point about the concerts (I hope that means it is badge holders only can attend but I suppose they might have some paid tickets for non badge holders):
Both events are free to San Diego Comic Con badge holders.

Btw, more good news for anime fans in the online posting from Crunchyroll you linked to:

Throughout the weekend, visitors and locals alike will be able to spot branded city buses from the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System throughout the convention, featuring the likes of My Hero Academia, Chainsaw Man, Attack on Titan, SPY x FAMILY and more.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 05:37:42 AM »

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 09:15:37 AM »
The Unofficial Blog is saying this will be first come/first served. I'm not sure if you need to get tickets though. At this time there is no mention of tickets required. Just need to be a badge-holder.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 09:28:26 AM »
What is the capacity? From the Star Wars concert a few years ago, we know that it is at least as big as Hall H.

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 09:29:22 AM »
The Shell's capacity is even larger than Hall H (10K) so getting seats may not be a problem. 

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 10:06:44 AM »
Yay!  I know some folk who are going to love these announcements. 
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 10:31:09 AM »

ATARASHII GAKKO! (literally meaning “new school” in Japanese) are a group of four young women who are redefining what it means to be a girl group. They wear sailor-fuku (sailor suits) uniforms in a style that were worn by Japanese students back in the 70s and 80s with long skirts and pulled-up socks, and staunchly refuse to be objectified. Their aggressive and expressive dance moves, which they choreograph themselves, are a hybrid of the energy of Japanese butoh dance, heavy metal headbanging, and hip-hop street dancing. Musically, AG! brings together elements of modern J-Pop, Showa-era kayokyoku, rap, punk, dance music, but it would be pointless to try to categorize them in any genre.

this sounds like fun Friday night
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »
The Shell is an AMAZING venue. Those who haven't seen it since the area was upgraded are in for a real treat

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 01:04:45 PM »
I'm not too familiar with ATARASHII GAKKO so I may skip that, but the orchestra concert sounds fun and unique so I might attend that.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 01:47:47 PM »
The Unofficial Blog is saying this will be first come/first served. I'm not sure if you need to get tickets though. At this time there is no mention of tickets required. Just need to be a badge-holder.

I emailed the press contact and he confirmed it is first come/first serves so that is correct. No tickets required, just the badge.

The only part that still remains uncertain is whether NON badge holders can still buy a ticket to be able to get into the event as that wasn't clearly answered but I think the implied answer was no, it is for badge holders only.

Offline DragonJuls

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 40
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2022, 03:15:45 PM »
I emailed the press contact and he confirmed it is first come/first serves so that is correct. No tickets required, just the badge.

The only part that still remains uncertain is whether NON badge holders can still buy a ticket to be able to get into the event as that wasn't clearly answered but I think the implied answer was no, it is for badge holders only.

Thanks for getting more info on this.  I look forward to trying to go to this event with some first timers.

Offline darqamin

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2022, 03:38:34 PM »
Maybe we can plan out meeting in the line closer to the event, if we have a list of attendees here and someone might be there earlier than others. I don't think there will be a concern getting in but still nice to sit with other forum members.

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2022, 05:57:41 PM »
This sounds like a blast, definitely down to group up for either.

Would the concert run over the masquerade?

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2022, 12:35:11 PM »
Count me down as someone who would like to do a group for the DBZ concert if there is enough of us.

Was doing some research on the Dragonball concert. Apparently, this was supposed to be the start of a series starting in LA last month, but was delayed for unknown reasons. There was also supposed to be a show in San Jose during Fanime, but San Jose's was outright cancelled. So this will apparently be the US debut of that concert.

Would the concert run over the masquerade?

Based on the info on the Masquerade page, the Masquerade starts at 8:30 pm and requires a ticket you can pick up earlier in the day. After it starts and as folks leave, it becomes open seating for anyone coming after. Not certain when the concert will begin. They say 7 pm, but there might be a preshow which would push things back, so there may be some overlap if you are trying to do both.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2022, 09:26:28 PM »
According to this, entry for the ATARASHII GAKKO! concert starts at 5:30 PM--