Author Topic: lumon industry --- Severance offsite  (Read 7441 times)

Offline Jesse O

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 181
Re: lumon industry --- Severance offsite
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2022, 08:54:09 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It was simply amazing.  This is my kind of offsite.  An immersive interactive experience.  The 30 minutes flew by.  It was over far too soon.

The set was immaculately done.  Some people thought the elevator was a real elevator.  They wondered where we were going.  My favorite thing was that the computers actually worked.  They weren't non-functionally props.  They didn't just light up.  They worked like they do on the show.  Were they really the computers they use on the show?  They were too well done for something they would only use for a 4 day offsite.  Not only was the set well done, but they encouraged people to interact with it.  It wasn't just there to be looked at.  I found that I suck at macrodata refinement.

The actors were superb.  They were not simply performing a script.  They knew the lore.  Someone in our group tried to correct one of the actors on the name of a painting.  The painting was not even part of the narrative.  It was a random event.  The actor without hesitation was able to explain in detail why what that person said was incorrect.  He was like an instructor in art school.  It wasn't just something he made up.  It was coherent with the canon of the show.

I think they increased the size of each group to put more people through.  For people that did it on Thursday, how big was the size of your group?  Today, there weren't enough chairs in the conference room for everyone and everyone couldn't fit in the elevator at the same time.  There was a short standby line.  Enough for 1 or maybe 2 groups.  I think it was good of them to say that everyone in the standby line would be able to go through.  I talked to some and they had been there since 5:30 - 6:30 that morning.  I'm glad Apple rewarded their dedication.

Did anyone go to the break room?  What was it like?
Agreed on all counts. Superb. I went this morning with my nephew. They pulled me aside with a few other people and sent us to the break room. It was equally true to the show. One had headphones on and was administering, and the other had his hands on the table and was reading the script - in anguish. The security person told the administrator that we had given him “stink eye” and that he’d bring us back if we didn’t follow the rules.

My nephew didn’t see me get pulled aside, and asked a Lumon employee what happened to me. Without blinking, he looked at my nephew and asked: “Did he break any rules?”

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2022, 06:31:01 AM »
Te break room segment was so awesome, the guy was actually crying the whole time.  It was so creepy.  I wish I had a whole run down of the secret paths because it felt like there was alot of stuff that you could do but I didn't figure it all out. 

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 02:42:56 AM »

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 87
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2022, 07:04:44 AM »
The two extra paths I saw were break room (people called out after orientation) and security room (someone held back after they try to do the wake up protocol.

What other pathways were there?

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2022, 08:00:37 PM »
I had the O&D guy pull me aside when I was in the room. He discussed the painting on the wall with me, then took me into a corner where he showed me 'the book' he had found and how it was raising all of these ideas in his head. He told me how to get into the security room and to look for evidence of what was going on.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2022, 08:36:42 AM »
Our whole group ended up barging into the security room and we all starting flipping switches right away. I don't think the actor was ready for that lmao

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2022, 09:41:41 AM »
Our whole group ended up barging into the security room and we all starting flipping switches right away. I don't think the actor was ready for that lmao

Isn't that what we were supposed to do?  That's what my group did as well.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2022, 09:43:47 AM »
Isn't that what we were supposed to do?  That's what my group did as well.

I'm not sure, from everyone else that I talked to that did it, either only one or two people got shown the security room or nobody did at all and it remained closed. The first people through in our group just opened the door and we all piled in.

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2022, 10:19:12 AM »
I had the O&D guy pull me aside when I was in the room. He discussed the painting on the wall with me, then took me into a corner where he showed me 'the book' he had found and how it was raising all of these ideas in his head. He told me how to get into the security room and to look for evidence of what was going on.

Really happens to me. He told me tell the guy in the room a secret code. The guy gave me a piece of paper containing some protocol.
I was supposed to give that piece paper back to painting guy the following day which is impossible because it was Sunday and also near impossible to return twice. But would be kewl if I gave it to someone who was going in the following day to see what would come out of all this.

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »
I'm not sure, from everyone else that I talked to that did it, either only one or two people got shown the security room or nobody did at all and it remained closed. The first people through in our group just opened the door and we all piled in.
Our whole group was led into the security room and a couple of us were chosen to help with the overtime contingency and right as we were about to execute it, the guy from the next area (the smile zone) barged in and admonished the actor helping us, telling him he's gonna end up in the break room if he continues.

Did everyone's picture have a map on the back? I only noticed it because the picture wasn't completely in the folio and I was putting it in properly and noticed. A great detail that seems incredibly easy to miss.

Offline rushfanyyz

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2022, 10:30:55 AM »
Interesting, our smile room actor was the same one that interacted with us in the security room.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2022, 10:36:14 AM »
Our whole group was led into the security room and a couple of us were chosen to help with the overtime contingency and right as we were about to execute it, the guy from the next area (the smile zone) barged in and admonished the actor helping us, telling him he's gonna end up in the break room if he continues.

Did everyone's picture have a map on the back? I only noticed it because the picture wasn't completely in the folio and I was putting it in properly and noticed. A great detail that seems incredibly easy to miss.
Cool! I just looked & my picture has the map on the back. Thanks for mentioning it...I never would have looked! I thought the Severance offsite was so cool! I missed the "goat room" but saw everything else. I was lucky to get a reservation for Friday because the people in my group that were on standby waited 11 hours to get into the offsite.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2022, 11:33:13 AM »
For those wondering, they told us at the panel that most of that offsite was the actual props and sets from the show and they did mention that those were the real computers that they used and that they were totally functional

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2022, 11:58:28 AM »
For those wondering, they told us at the panel that most of that offsite was the actual props and sets from the show and they did mention that those were the real computers that they used and that they were totally functional

I knew it!  Thanks for confirming.  They were too well done and functional to be just for an offsite.  So I touched the same keys, I rolled the same ball that the cast did?  I will never wash my hands again.

I guess that also explains why we were told repeatedly not to take things, unless we were explicitly offered to, from the offsite.  The one confusing aspect of that was the jar full of tokens that said "limit of 2 a day".

I missed the "goat room" but saw everything else.

Was there really a goat room?  The smile actor apologized for the smell and talked about how cute the goats were but when someone asked if we could go to the goat room he said no.

Same for us.  Although there were so many people in our group that a few people didn't fit in.  The smile actor also came in to admonish the security actor for trying to have us execute the overtime protocol.

Offline rallyv

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2022, 12:21:50 PM »
There was no way to get into the goat room. I took a good look at the door rather than paying attention in the smile room and it was just a false front. It was just a screen to project the door light and shadows onto.

Offline nootheroptions

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2022, 02:02:38 PM »
Interesting, our smile room actor was the same one that interacted with us in the security room.

Same, it's odd the way some are mentioning it the security room was optional for them?  Ours took us straight in.  But I couldn't figure out if there was something to do past that.