Author Topic: walking dead escape  (Read 27145 times)

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 2
Re: walking dead escape
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
i got this in my email today, i already have a ticket so i cant use it, im not sure if this is a one time use code or can be used multiple times, but here it is

Exclusive $10 Off for Past Participants!

PLUS $5 Off a Spectator pass for your friends!

The official zombie obstacle course of the Walking Dead is BACK for Summer '13!

Walking Dead veterans, show us what you've got in the Survivor Showdown & win INSANE prizes.

Bring your friends with to watch the Apocalypse from the sidelines at the Escape Party. They'll be able to snap photos, score merchandise, and have access to food & drink all night!

Spots are filling up fast! Register in the next 10 days with coupon code AXWDPAST10 for survivors & walkers or AXWDPAST5 for spectators!

Petco Park

San Diego, CA

7/19-7/20

5pm-10pm

Offline Vapors

• Ballroom 20
  • 1999-current
  • Liked: 268
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2013, 07:19:17 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
i got this in my email today, i already have a ticket so i cant use it, im not sure if this is a one time use code or can be used multiple times, but here it is

Exclusive $10 Off for Past Participants!

PLUS $5 Off a Spectator pass for your friends!

The official zombie obstacle course of the Walking Dead is BACK for Summer '13!

Walking Dead veterans, show us what you've got in the Survivor Showdown & win INSANE prizes.

Bring your friends with to watch the Apocalypse from the sidelines at the Escape Party. They'll be able to snap photos, score merchandise, and have access to food & drink all night!

Spots are filling up fast! Register in the next 10 days with coupon code AXWDPAST10 for survivors & walkers or AXWDPAST5 for spectators!

Petco Park

San Diego, CA

7/19-7/20

5pm-10pm

Just my luck, I registered yesterday.  Boo!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 11:47:53 AM »

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 04:34:39 PM »
any one get there times changed? looks like they changed the wave times from every 15 minutes to every 20. which is good cause last year they had 15 minutes and we waited like almost a half hour after our start time to start course

Offline shuhbonkboo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2013, 04:10:00 PM »
Here's my video! 7:40 wave on Friday

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:35 PM »
Here's my video! 7:40 wave on Friday

I'm uploading my pics to Flickr at the moment. I didn't have a wave since the website I write for has a great relationship with the team that runs TWDE, so they let me walk the course (as long as I was out of the way of runners) and hang out backstage in the make-up area. It was really cool! This year was a massive improvement over last year. So much more detail, actual set pieces from the show!

Offline Quislings

• Room 6BCF
    • Nerdophiles
  • Liked: 44
« Reply #65 on: July 22, 2013, 04:38:42 PM »
I have no pictures of me on the actual course because I teamed up with a very nice lady who REALLY wanted to survive, so we booked it through most of the course. I ran Saturday at 6:20 and my knees are pretty bruised up - I've learned I'm a rather agressive crawler apparently. And after running to a spot I apparently couldn't pass, I jumped and slide over the roof of a car at the end.

I had a fantastic time and I high fived Theodus Crane (Big Tiny!) on my way in, who was walking with Travis Love (the Bowman with the Governor). I actually saw Travis Love a couple times just wandering around the Con.
Managing Editor of You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | SDCC (2013 - 2018) | NYCC (2014 - 2018) | Wondercon (2017) | AwesomeCon (2014)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #66 on: July 22, 2013, 08:51:35 PM »
Re: the knees, my husband wore knee pads and said they were awesome. He's planning on doing this next year too and wearing knee pads again. He went with my brother and they worked as a team, distracting walkers to allow each other to get through.

Offline Alvetica

• Exhibit Hall
  • Years at Comic-Con: 2003-present Twitter:@alvetica
    • @alvetica
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #67 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
Did anybody do both years?  How did this year compare to last year?

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2013, 11:02:32 AM »

i did both years, same wave both times, this year i noticed there was less obstacles than last year but way more zombies, the course was a little different too. mostly just the route they send you though

Offline shuhbonkboo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #69 on: August 05, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »

My wave this year had less walkers. But that could have been due to me running in the last wave last year where the walkers were told to go all out.  Wish they had walkers on the staircases like they did last year.  Nonetheless, both courses had the same intensity level.  Quite an adrenaline rush dodging walkers!

Offline juliafrood

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #70 on: August 07, 2013, 09:51:10 PM »
We went in the 8:20 Friday wave and it was AWESOME.  Way more intense than I figured, but that's fine because it will motivate me to get my ass in shape for next year.

There was one huge problem that I really feel we need to address with the people running the Escape.  The FEMA water stations were a great reminder to slow down and hydrate, but there was NO WATER at the end of the course after that final slog.  They didn't even have cups at the top of the stairs to get water from the bathroom, and the only water down stairs was $4/bottle!  The EMTs or whomever weren't letting people go down the escalators until they looked OK and were breathing normally, but my friend could barely stand and desperately needed water to be brought to him.  Nobody there had water, so I asked for a cup, and nobody had a cup.  So then I went down the steps to the drink purchase booth and they could not give me water BUT my cash was in my wallet locked in my bag at the bag check.  I had to leave the woman MY SMART PHONE in exchange for a bottle of water, then go back to the steps, argue with the guards to let me go back up to BRING MY INCAPACITATED FRIEND SOME WATER, then after we moved him down the steps (and he sat with another EMT for a while) I had to go get my stuff out of bag-check to pay the woman for my $4 water and get my phone back. 

It was a huge pain in the ass that could have easily turned tragic.  We had planned on staying and blowing some money on over-priced alcohol at the afterparty but we left for the Tilted Kilt instead since we already had our stuff and it felt like they were endangering people to make a few extra bucks.  A table full of dixie cups and water at the top of the steps would have kept us in the afterparty area for the next hour at least, talking about how great of an experience we just had.  Instead, I spent 30 minutes questing to retrieve my phone after helping my friend get a drink of water after a run he paid $75 to attend.  Lame.

Offline ice9

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #71 on: August 08, 2013, 05:01:27 AM »
I did this and loved it. If anyone goes next year and is considering it i highly suggest it.

It wore me out though. I'm not in the best shape though that is probably why.

Offline aodmisery

• Room 6BCF
« Reply #72 on: August 08, 2013, 11:08:48 AM »
I did this and loved it. If anyone goes next year and is considering it i highly suggest it.

It wore me out though. I'm not in the best shape though that is probably why.

I was the same way, last year they had a thursday wave option i was really hoping for one this year too, i ended up doing the friday wave i was planning on going out drinking after the run but that didnt work out too well, after being at the con all day then running the course i was so tired i just wanted to sleep