Author Topic: NYCC Mark's Lottery Palooza Sunday  (Read 3568 times)

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
Re: NYCC Mark's Lottery Palooza Sunday
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 01:33:52 PM »
Rejected

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 04:28:56 PM »
I was rejected :(
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 09:34:27 AM »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Need a guest? haha.  Have a great time and let us know how it is!

Thanks! I'll let everyone know how it goes! I hope other people on the forum win also!

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 09:15:26 PM »
Reject.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2017, 07:54:05 PM »
I went to this event today since I was lucky enough to get picked. It took place in 1C01, which held fan meetups during the con. The room has a bunch of chairs and a few round tables. We waited a while for Mark to come in, he was delayed signing autographs - when he first walked in, he said after a while, he didn't even remember if his name has one l or two. He sat in a chair and asked if we had any questions for him. He talked about how he prepares for the kind of show he did on Saturday and told us about how he messed up his thumb filming a scene during Empire Strikes Back and how it messed up production because he couldn't hold a lightsaber for a while. He probably talked for 15 minutes, maybe a little more.

Then we all lined up for pictures, there was a Reed Pop/NYCC background at one side of the room. He sat on a chair with his two super cute dogs on a chair next to him, and we all took pictures. We gave our cameras/phones to someone who took the picture. He was very nice, he shook everyone's hand and had a short conversation with everyone, so it wasn't like two seconds and you were done talking to him. The pics have his dogs in it also, which I was thrilled about (huge animal lover - my conversation with him was about his dogs). It was nice of him to make the time to do this event, especially at the end of his con.

I am terrible with estimating crowds, but I would say there were maybe 50-75 people in the room? There was a person ahead of me in line who tried to convince the staff to let his wife in as an extra person (he was already bringing their daughter in as his plus one) - they said no. The wife did not take it well.

I was very lucky to be able to do this, and it was really fun. The whole event took about an hour - they made you leave after your picture, and I was maybe in the middle of the photo line.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 03:12:06 AM by debster »

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »
There was a person ahead of me in line who tried to convince the staff to let his wife in as an extra person (he was already bringing their daughter in as his plus one) - they said no. The wife did not take it well.

No sympathy.  People in situations like these always have a false sense of entitlement, just like the line cutters we encountered at San Diego Comic-Con last July.  The rules specifically said plus ONE, not plus TWO.

Glad you had a good time!
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »
I went to this event today since I was lucky enough to get picked. It took place in 1C01, which held fan meetups during the con. The room has a bunch of chairs and a few round tables. We waited a while for Mark to come in, he was delayed signing autographs - when he first walked in, he said after a while, he didn't even remember if his name has one l or two. He sat in a chair and asked if we had any questions for him. He talked about how he prepares for the kind of show he did on Saturday and told us about how he messed up his thumb filming a scene during Empire Strikes Back and how it messed up production because he couldn't hold a lightsaber for a while. He probably talked for 15 minutes, maybe a little more.

Then we all lined up for pictures, there was a Reed Pop/NYCC background at one side of the room. He sat on a chair with his two super cute dogs on a chair next to him, and we all took pictures. We gave our cameras/phones to someone who took the picture. He was very nice, he shook everyone's hand and had a short conversation with everyone, so it wasn't like two seconds and you were done talking to him. The pics have his dogs in it also, which I was thrilled about (huge animal lover - my conversation with him was about his dogs). It was nice of him to make the time to do this event, especially at the end of his con.

I am terrible with estimating crowds, but I would say there were maybe 50-75 people in the room? There was a person ahead of me in line who tried to convince the staff to let his wife in as an extra person (he was already bringing their daughter in as his plus one) - they said no. The wife did not take it well.

I was very lucky to be able to do this, and it was really fun. The whole event took about an hour - they made you leave after your picture, and I was maybe in the middle of the photo line.
Thanks for sharing. Very happy to read about your experience
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog