Author Topic: Doctor Who Sun. July 23rd Hall H  (Read 7224 times)

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
Re: Doctor Who Sun. July 23rd Hall H
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2017, 12:27:27 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Thanks! I just want to get in and don't mind sitting in the back, so hopefully it will be about the same this year. :)

I would just get a wristband Saturday night, then. Assuming wristband procedures are the same this year, I think you just have to be back in line by 7:30AM the day of the panel (maybe 7?), and you're guaranteed entry. For reference, for Sherlock last year, the first of our group lined up at 7:30PM Saturday and was in group B. We had a restful night at the hotel, arrived back at the line around 6:45AM Sunday, and ended up maybe 3/4 of the way back in the room (but we also weren't fussed about our seats and didn't go looking for better ones, though they may have existed).

Offline Breq

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 13
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2017, 08:54:49 AM »
I'm SO excited to get a chance to see Peter Capaldi!! I LOVE him. Despite being to Comic Con many times, I've actually never done the wristband thing (just walked into Sherlock in Hall H last year), and I'm not sure how I'll be able to fit it in with volunteering, but we'll see what happens... I would like to be a little closer. Hopefully it will be easy to get into like in 2015 (the one year I didn't attend) though.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:32:40 AM »

Offline superkatchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 129
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »
I would just get a wristband Saturday night, then. Assuming wristband procedures are the same this year, I think you just have to be back in line by 7:30AM the day of the panel (maybe 7?), and you're guaranteed entry. For reference, for Sherlock last year, the first of our group lined up at 7:30PM Saturday and was in group B. We had a restful night at the hotel, arrived back at the line around 6:45AM Sunday, and ended up maybe 3/4 of the way back in the room (but we also weren't fussed about our seats and didn't go looking for better ones, though they may have existed).

This will be my 6th SDCC and I've never attempted Hall H, I think this is the year! Thank you for this advice, as long as I'm not sleeping outside I can deal with getting up early!

Offline tweetygal

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 59
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2017, 12:39:23 PM »
Doctor Who — BBC AMERICA Official Panel
Sunday, July 23, 2017
2:00-3:00pm
Room: Hall H
BBC AMERICA’s Doctor Who returns to San Diego Comic-Con for the final Hall H panel with star Peter Capaldi. Fans will have an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming Doctor Who Christmas Special — the final special starring Peter Capaldi as the Doctor and written by Emmy®-winning lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat. Join Peter Capaldi (the Doctor), Pearl Mackie (Bill), Matt Lucas (Nardole), Michelle Gomez (Missy), writer and actor Mark Gatiss (Sherlock) and showrunner Steven Moffat (Sherlock) for a panel moderated by Chris Hardwick that will celebrate Christmas in July and share one last look back with fans at their time with the iconic global hit series.

Later than their usual Sunday panel times. Going to be hard staying awake. Smart putting Dirk Gently before Doctor Who but since I like both shows, not a problem.

I wonder what panel's going between Supernatural and the BBCA block...

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2017, 08:44:47 PM »
from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Couldn't make it to @Comic_Con this year? Don't worry, you can now stream the full #SDCC #DoctorWho panel here:

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 03:57:41 PM »
It was a bittersweet panel, but so great to see Capaldi one last time. He is such a wonderful person, and it showed during this panel. Admittedly, I was hoping Chris Chibnall and Jodie Whitakker were going to be there, but their absence didn't make me appreciate the panel any less.
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2017, 04:14:16 PM »
It was a bittersweet panel, but so great to see Capaldi one last time. He is such a wonderful person, and it showed during this panel. Admittedly, I was hoping Chris Chibnall and Jodie Whitakker were going to be there, but their absence didn't make me appreciate the panel any less.
I was on the fence on whether she should make an appearance. There is a lot behind not make that her first appearance and the folks I the U.K. Would be outraged much like the 50th Anniversary.

I also believe that they wanted to give Peter a good send off and respectfully decided not to have the other Doctors in town make appearances on stage either - having literally 4 in town for SDCC was huge (if I had been within the BBC management I would film something with all of them there).

Now the bet I am placing is NYCC will have something to serve as a possible transitional press event. AMC's home office is in NY and this would be huge.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline rk23

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
It was kind of awkward timing, doing a retrospective/farewell panel right after HUGE NEWS came out about the future.  But Capaldi has been my favorite Doctor, and I really wanted to celebrate him one more time.  I was worried that everyone was going to be so focused on hoping for a Jodie Whittaker appearance that Capaldi wouldn't get all the Hall H love during his sendoff.  But he did, and that makes me happy. 

Having Capaldi, Tennant, Davison and Colin Baker all at the convention did seem like an opportunity for some kind of joint appearance, though. 

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
Doctor Who Sun. July 23rd Hall H
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2017, 04:20:28 PM »
It was kind of awkward timing, doing a retrospective/farewell panel right after HUGE NEWS came out about the future.  But Capaldi has been my favorite Doctor, and I really wanted to celebrate him one more time.  I was worried that everyone was going to be so focused on hoping for a Jodie Whittaker appearance that Capaldi wouldn't get all the Hall H love during his sendoff.  But he did, and that makes me happy. 

Having Capaldi, Tennant, Davison and Colin Baker all at the convention did seem like an opportunity for some kind of joint appearance, though.
And don't forget about David Bradley.

I think BritBox will do something in NY and this will make Whovians grab their sonics and run to NYCC.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2017, 04:21:49 PM »
Jodie Whitaker was in town. Someone spotted her at the syfy interview

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2017, 04:23:48 PM »
Jodie Whitaker was in town. Someone spotted her at the syfy interview
I am slightly skeptical.

Offline ripresa

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2017, 04:29:53 PM »
She showed me a picture of Jodie in the audience. Looked like her.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2017, 04:38:22 PM »

It was a good panel. He got a standing ovation, did he say it was his first ever? He also gave a good impromptu speech. So he's not one of those actors that has nothing to say unless it's written for him.

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
Peter Capaldi scheduled to appear at San Francisco CC.  Sept 1-3

Offline Violet

• Gaming Lounge
  • Gender Biased Reviews www.gbreviews.com
    • Gender Biased Reviews
  • Liked: 118
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 03:25:25 PM »
It was a good panel. He got a standing ovation, did he say it was his first ever? He also gave a good impromptu speech. So he's not one of those actors that has nothing to say unless it's written for him.

Yep! He said, "I've never gotten a standing ovation before. Do I stand?" And before that, you could see him asking Steven Moffat "Do I stand?" He wasn't sure what he was supposed to do!   

We have a recap and photos of the panel up on our blog if anyone's interested: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login