Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Open Registration  (Read 35758 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
SDCC 2018 Open Registration
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:02:40 PM »
Please use this thread to discuss Comic-Con 2018's open (also known as "general") registration.

If you would like to participate in the poll and guess when open registration will be held, check it out over here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mini-FAQs for Open Registration

1] If I participated in returning registration, could I help my family or friends during open registration?

Yes, but only if you don't already have a 4-day badge with Preview Night.

This means:
If you have a 4-day badge without Preview Night, you should still be eligible to participate in open registration. 

If you have only one day or any combination of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday badges, then you can still participate in open registration.

Note:
In some years, CCI may say that if you got a Saturday badge or a 4-day badge with Preview Night, then your Member ID is not eligible to participate in open registration.  For Comic-Con 2018, if you already have a 4-day badge with Preview Night, then you cannot participate in open registration.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If I am able to purchase some of the badges I want during Returning Registration, will I be able to participate in Open Registration to try to buy the rest?

As long as you did not purchase a 4-Day with Preview Night badge during Returning Registration, you will be eligible to participate in Open Registration. This includes Preview Night upgrades. For example, if you are able to purchase all four daily badges (Thursday through Sunday) during Returning Registration, you will be eligible to participate in Open Registration if you want to add Preview Night.  And here’s the part Professor Toucan hates the most … there are more eligible members than badges available in both sales. You are not guaranteed a badge purchase during either sale, regardless of when you enter the waiting room.

2] Could I help other people get badges if I already got the badges I wanted from returning registration?

Yes, absolutely!

If you are eligible to participate in open registration and if you already got the badges you wanted from returning registration, you can still purchase badges for others. (Just remember to clear your name and Member ID when you get to the purchase page.  Once you do that, you'll be able to purchase for three other people!)

If you're in one of the forum buying groups, be there for your fellow group members and coordinate with your group leaders on how this will work.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:23:21 PM by Angology »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Tenraii

• Sails Pavilion
    • Tenraiis Cosplays
  • Liked: 3
Re: SDCC 2018 Open Registration
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 12:38:18 AM »
any news concerning buying groups for open registration?

is it for sure the the OR will be ehld in 2017?
Facebook: Tenraiis
Deviantart: Tenraii

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:35:42 PM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 02:47:19 AM »

In regards to buying groups for open registration, they're still regrouping from the recent returning registration this past weekend, so at the moment, that is their main priority--to make sure things are all in order before the group leaders focus their attention on open registration.  Please note that, depending on their current total of members, not all groups may be able to accept new members for open registration.  This will vary between group to group.  More information will follow once the dust from returning registration has settled down.

According to CCI's social media posts, open registration is said to be "sometime later this year," but official confirmation won't come until we get further news or updates from CCI themselves.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 02:49:37 AM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline Tenraii

• Sails Pavilion
    • Tenraiis Cosplays
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:03:20 AM »
In regards to buying groups for open registration, they're still regrouping from the recent returning registration this past weekend, so at the moment, that is their main priority--to make sure things are all in order before the group leaders focus their attention on open registration.  Please note that, depending on their current total of members, not all groups may be able to accept new members for open registration.  This will vary between group to group.  More information will follow once the dust from returning registration has settled down.

According to CCI's social media posts, open registration is said to be "sometime later this year," but official confirmation won't come until we get further news or updates from CCI themselves.

okay thanks....*sighs* it's really not easy for newbies...

I'm surprised that the OR will be this year. ö-ö really early this time

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »
At this point, I am still hearing back from Group Leaders as to whether or not they plan to continue leading their groups for open reg (I believe all of them are doing so, but I need direct confirmation from them) and whether or not they will be able to accept any new people. At this point, so far, it does not look like the groups who have responded can take new people, but I have not yet heard from everyone.

We have had some offers for technical assistance, and we are hoping that we might have new technology able to accommodate new people next year, but that is still far away.

For now, I am *hoping* to make a definitive open registration buying groups announcement before the end of the week, pending hearing from all existing group leaders as to their status.

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 02:37:04 PM »
Got super lucky last year running 3 computers and ID’s and we got Thurs & Sunday ...  had a blast and came home immediately trying to figure out 2018.  Since 2017 was the first time ever we even considered going, we had ZERO idea that registrations would start opening up this early...   we hit the returning reg on Sat morning with all 3 ID’s and computers and got nothing :(  was completely deflating...  so now we wait for Open (lort)....

Couple of people referred me to here from badgeholder’s group on FB so here I am lol  hopefully will be able to participate in some sort of group offering 3 ID’s and only 2 need purchases 😉  I have also my excel guru skills to assist the groups if needed 👍👍   

Hope to be around much more!!!!

Offline Andrew Costa Mesa

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 829
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2017, 12:58:24 AM »
I can probably help by donating my brother's and his fiancee's registration codes since he's not going and she only got Saturday.  I got Preview Night, so I won't be able to donate my code.
WizardWorld Comic Con Anaheim 2011
WonderCon 2013-2018 & 2023-2024
NYCC 2014-2017 & 2022-2023
SDCC 2011 (Saturday only), 2012, 2013 (Thursday, Saturday & Sunday only), 2014-2019, 2022 & 2023 (Fri-Sun only), 2024
D23 Expo 2017
OZ Comic Con Sydney (Australia) 2016
WizardWorld Los Angeles 2019

Offline Tenraii

• Sails Pavilion
    • Tenraiis Cosplays
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 03:28:55 AM »
I can probably help by donating my brother's and his fiancee's registration codes since he's not going and she only got Saturday.  I got Preview Night, so I won't be able to donate my code.

okay sounds good..? :-)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2017, 12:38:58 PM »

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 08:07:25 AM »
End of the year is getting closer...
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 09:05:10 AM »
I'm thinking next Saturday.  I don't know why, probably because I have a busy week next week.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 09:51:16 AM »
I'm thinking next Saturday.  I don't know why, probably because I have a busy week next week.
Noooooo...I'm travelling that weekend!  :(
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline NCDS

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 4557
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 09:57:26 AM »
Noooooo...I'm travelling that weekend!  :(

If it's not that weekend then I anticipate it will be December.  To have it after Thanksgiving is just mean.
2018 Punk Rock Bowling Champion

Offline clambert1273

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »
My guess has been Dec 2   but I am always wrong lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 10:23:36 AM »

The reason I don't think it's next weekend is because CCI has been good lately about giving us adequate lead time. For PreReg, they sent the first notice on Oct 18th for an Oct 28th registration time. If that holds up, we should've already received a notice for Open Reg if it was next Saturday. ie, I'd expect an email on a Wednesday for two Saturdays later.