Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Professional Badge Registration  (Read 968 times)

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
SDCC 2018 Professional Badge Registration
« on: October 29, 2017, 05:45:38 PM »
Archiving this article on the forums for future reference.

--------------------------

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic-Con 2018 Professional Badge Registration

Are you ready for some badges? Comic-Con is kicking off our fall registration season and first on the field is creative professionals! If you are a "Not Due" creative professional for Comic-Con 2018, we strongly encourage you to read all of the information below if you are attempting to score a limited guest badge.         

Q: When is creative professional registration?   

A: Creative professional registration will begin shortly after 10:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on Wednesday, October 11, 2017. The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 9:00 AM PDT for professional access code authorization. You must enter your professional access code prior to 10:00 AM PDT to participate. We anticipate that complimentary guest badges will reach capacity within the first 20—30 minutes of registration.     

Trade professional registration will open at a later date. Please check your email frequently for updates if you are an approved trade professional.   

Q:  I don’t need a guest badge, do I need to bother with this Expo Logic waiting room process?   

A: Absolutely not! If you are only planning to register a professional badge for yourself, you can simply SKIP the entire waiting room process! To access the direct registration link, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Loginanytime after 11:05 AM PDT on Wednesday, October 11. There will be a direct link to the professional registration portal where you can register for your professional badge. The deadline to register for a creative professional badge is April 12, 2018.

Q:  I want to bring a guest! What do I do?   

A: If you would like a paid or complimentary guest badge for Comic-Con 2018, you must enter the Expo Logic waiting room prior to 10:00 AM PDT October 11, 2017.  Your professional access code and the link to the Expo Logic waiting room will be sent to all approved professionals at least 48 hours in advance of registration. This information may also be found on the "Professionals" tab in your You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login at least 48 hours in advance.

Q: So if I get into the waiting room first, am I guaranteed a complimentary guest badge?   

A: No. Early arrival to the waiting room does not give you an advantage. Although the waiting room will be open for professional access code entry at 9:00 AM PDT, it does not matter when you arrive. Professionals will be selected for a registration session at random. You can arrive exactly at 9:00 AM PDT or 9:55 AM PDT and your chances are the same. However, you must enter your professional access code prior to 10:00 AM PDT to participate.   

Shortly after 10:00 AM PDT all professionals in the waiting room will be selected in random groups for a registration session. Complimentary and paid guest badges will be available until they reach capacity.   

Unfortunately, due to the volume of eligible professionals, admittance to the waiting room does not guarantee you a guest badge or a registration session. Not all professionals will be selected for a registration session before 11:00 AM PDT. If you are not selected, simply You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login on Wednesday, October 11 for a link to a direct registration session after 11:05 AM PDT.   

Q: Wait a minute! You mean I can enter the waiting room at 9:00 AM sharp and not get anything at all?   

A: All professionals are guaranteed their own professional badge for Comic-Con 2018, but complimentary guest badges are very limited. If you are not selected for a registration session, the waiting room will automatically close at 11:00 AM PDT and after about five minutes your screen will refresh with a direct link to the professional badge registration system. At that time, simply click the link and you can register for your own professional badge. There may also be paid professional guest badges available at that time, but we cannot predict buying patterns.  Last year, paid professional guest badges never reached capacity. 

Q: You said that the complimentary and paid professional guest badges are “limited.” Does that mean I am limited to one of each?   

A: By “limited”, we are referring to the overall number of complimentary and paid guest badges. All professionals are allowed to register for one complimentary guest and/or one paid guest, while supplies last. There are far more approved professionals than guest badges available.   

We anticipate that complimentary guest badges will reach capacity within the first half hour of registration. We cannot predict when paid guest badges will reach capacity. If you wish to register for any type of guest badge, we encourage you to join the waiting room prior to 10:00 AM PDT.     

We also encourage you to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for important technical information and browser requirements. Your browser should have JavaScript and cookies enabled to function reliably with the Expo Logic waiting room.   

All of us at Comic-Con would like to thank creative and trade professionals for your continued contribution to the popular arts. You da real MVPs!     

Posted on Oct 5, 2017
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:05:41 PM by Zero »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...