Author Topic: WonderCon 2018 Exclusives  (Read 16392 times)

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
Re: WonderCon 2018 Exclusives
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2018, 10:06:17 PM »
Yeah the lines at Wondercon aren't as bad and didn't necessitate a drawing. Idk. I prefer panels at least.

Offline kat_sydney

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 21
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2018, 10:47:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Well I put in for a bunch of signings and got nothing. Every year at Wondercon I waited in line for a couple of hours and got one or more signing each day. I don't see how this helps me.
It only helps people not willing to wait a couple of hours in line.
If they made all lines that people wait a couple of hours or much more a lottery then it would be fair.
But this is makes no sense to me. It's only because SDCC is so f**ked up with camping and fake Ada and other stuff, that they are testing it out on Wondercon.
I just wish I could still get a refund on my badge, hotel and airfare.
See you at the bar.

The Unofficial SDCC Blog (who is clearly a massive supporter of this system) is basically responding to almost anyone who tweets that they didn't win anything: "But you won back time!" (or something similar).  I am international so only attend SDCC and not Wondercon, but I gather from what many have said the lines at Wondercon weren't that bad? So how much time are people really "winning" back?
Even at SDCC where the autograph lines do require waiting overnight, people will only win back time if they make everything an online lottery, (as I suspect most people would still line up for something else).
At the end of the day, at the moment people are CHOOSING to spend their time in line, no one is forcing them.   

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 01:57:06 PM »

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2018, 12:54:50 AM »
They tend to use wondercon to test things for SDCC. IIRC the RFID system was used at wondercon before SDCC. So while it may seem unnecessary for wondercon it helps them get some practice on how to implement it for SDCC if they decide to.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:57:19 AM by Carlo »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2018, 05:52:01 AM »
I can see how this is easier so to speak and saves you hours in line probably but yeah, as stated you compete with more people and get less of a chance since you're investing less time. You could camp out or line up super early and get in on the other hand.

I wanted AOS or Constantine. I managed to get Jim Lee and Supermansion though.

Wow, you got 2 of them? You were super lucky!

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2018, 08:47:36 AM »

Settle for Jim Lee haha !!!

Congrats !

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2018, 04:57:06 PM »

I know! That's what people keep telling me. My brother got nothing. I got JM at LBCC before though but I can happily get something else signed. I don't think the animated shows were as popular though?

Yeah I agree it can be seen as a timesaver but some people prefer lining up and investing the time. There's a lot of unhappy people who got nothing.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2018, 05:14:49 PM »
I know! That's what people keep telling me. My brother got nothing. I got JM at LBCC before though but I can happily get something else signed. I don't think the animated shows were as popular though?

Yeah I agree it can be seen as a timesaver but some people prefer lining up and investing the time. There's a lot of unhappy people who got nothing.

congrats for sure.  i didnt win with any of my entries.  i just wanted a photo with chloe bennett.  i dont need her autograph haha.  and jim lee.  anyhew.  you win some and you lose some. 

congrats to those that won ! 

Offline TheNeck

• Hall H
  • Liked: 367
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2018, 06:52:44 PM »
congrats for sure.  i didnt win with any of my entries.  i just wanted a photo with chloe bennett.  i dont need her autograph haha.  and jim lee.  anyhew.  you win some and you lose some. 

congrats to those that won !
all i want is a selfie with chloe bennett too!   O:-)
SDCC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SDCC Volunteer 2022, 2023
Fundays 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
Wondercon 2015, 2018

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2018, 12:16:59 AM »
all i want is a selfie with chloe bennett too!   O:-)

Maybe she likes Krispy Kremes.  Just in case I will be at the one at the block Saturday and have a couple donuts while waiting for her lol.   

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2018, 08:49:35 AM »

I was lucky enough to get the Saturday Jim Lee signing as well.  When you saw him at LBCC how many items were you able to get signed?  I'm assuming just one, but id like to get a comic and figure signed if possible. :)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2018, 10:46:09 AM »
Well I put in for a bunch of signings and got nothing. Every year at Wondercon I waited in line for a couple of hours and got one or more signing each day. I don't see how this helps me.
It only helps people not willing to wait a couple of hours in line.

If they made all lines that people wait a couple of hours or much more a lottery then it would be fair.
But this is makes no sense to me. It's only because SDCC is so f**ked up with camping and fake Ada and other stuff, that they are testing it out on Wondercon.
I just wish I could still get a refund on my badge, hotel and airfare.
See you at the bar.
To quote a wiser being than myself, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  Or the one.  Sometimes what does't work out for you DOES help many other people.  EVERYONE was on a level playing field when it came to the autograph lotto and that's not a bad thing at all.  It's always unfortunate when folks don't get what they want but to quote another not-so-wise fella some folks are lucky and some aint.  I'm legit sorry you're disappointed but I think this new system does help everyone, even if people do not luck out with the lotto.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2018, 11:40:51 AM »
I was lucky enough to get the Saturday Jim Lee signing as well.  When you saw him at LBCC how many items were you able to get signed?  I'm assuming just one, but id like to get a comic and figure signed if possible. :)

I have been to his signings.  It might depend on how busy he is etc.....  but he seems really laid back about it.  I mean 2 seems easy.  3 might be pushing it but I didn't see any direct reason to think that.  It actually takes more time to deny someone signing something that is out and ready than it for him to just sign it.  That would be my guess.  Good luck ! 

Offline karatekid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 149
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2018, 11:49:08 AM »
I have been to his signings.  It might depend on how busy he is etc.....  but he seems really laid back about it.  I mean 2 seems easy.  3 might be pushing it but I didn't see any direct reason to think that.  It actually takes more time to deny someone signing something that is out and ready than it for him to just sign it.  That would be my guess.  Good luck !
It's been a while since I got his autograph but he would usually sign 2 items. In addition, he typically will do a free sketch for his first 2 or 3 people in his line.
"Wax On, Wax Off"

Offline Godolphin

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 191
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2018, 12:42:34 PM »
To quote a wiser being than myself, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.  Or the one.  Sometimes what does't work out for you DOES help many other people.  EVERYONE was on a level playing field when it came to the autograph lotto and that's not a bad thing at all.  It's always unfortunate when folks don't get what they want but to quote another not-so-wise fella some folks are lucky and some aint.  I'm legit sorry you're disappointed but I think this new system does help everyone, even if people do not luck out with the lotto.
Do you work for the SDCC blog? They are trolling everyone on Twitter that has anything negative to say about this new system.
For ME this system ruins my con, so much so I will probably not come back.
Cast autograph signings are my number one thing, sometimes I'd spend nearly every hour of Wondercon trying to get them.
That might sound crazy to you but it's my decision to wait in lines to try and get these signings.
I've always got 2 or more cast signings per day at Wondercon.
With this system it's totally out of my control and I didn't get any. And this is all after refund dates.
So I'm allowed to be annoyed with this new system.
It doesn't work for ME.
And to see people on Twitter say you have more time now to do AMAZING things. I don't want more time to do things I'm not that interested in.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2018, 01:03:45 PM »
It's been a while since I got his autograph but he would usually sign 2 items. In addition, he typically will do a free sketch for his first 2 or 3 people in his line.

His sketches are incredible.  But they definitely created a bottleneck.  Not only that I didn't get one lol.  I think one took well over 15 minutes.

Such a nice guy though.