Author Topic: What Movie Have You Seen The Most in Theaters? And How Many Times?  (Read 4102 times)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: What Movie Have You Seen The Most in Theaters? And How Many Times?
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 11:50:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Blade Runner 2049 I saw four times - hahahaha.

FYI, the Blade Runner 2049 blu-ray is on sale for $12.99 at Best Buy.  The UHD is $19.99.  Too late for me though, I got mine when it was first released.

Offline FBS

• Fulfillment Room
    • http://www.marksearby.com/
  • Liked: 510
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 12:11:13 PM »
FYI, the Blade Runner 2049 blu-ray is on sale for $12.99 at Best Buy.  The UHD is $19.99.  Too late for me though, I got mine when it was first released.
Got the limited blu ray boxset with the vodka glasses. Also bought the 3d steelbook ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline rockgirl09

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 12:41:17 PM »
This thread is awesome! I saw Inception 3 times (I was mind blown with the concept plus it took me that many movies to piece everything together) and Avengers: Infinity War 3 times (was gonna be 4 times but I'll just wait for the blu-ray to come out)... I could easily see some movies at least 2x in the theater if I'm really into it.
WSC 2015-2017, Supernatural 2018

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »
I have a movie room in our lower level with 7.2 surround sound. I’m not bragging; it’s just that the big screen experience is everything. I must have watched Serenity 50 times, sitting by myself, there in the dark ... crying every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 03:39:49 PM »
I don't think that I've seen any movie more than 3 times in the theater.

On VHS/DVD/Blu Ray is another matter entirely.  Star Wars IV, V, VI maybe a couple of hundred times each?

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 05:37:48 PM »
I don't think that I've seen any movie more than 3 times in the theater.

On VHS/DVD/Blu Ray is another matter entirely.  Star Wars IV, V, VI maybe a couple of hundred times each?
Word.

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2018, 06:12:55 PM »
Tim Burton’s Batman - 21 times in the theater. Not kidding! It was over the span of the summer and several of my friends couldn’t made frequent trips so I went along. That was a fun summer.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline karl clement

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 136
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 12:20:37 PM »
Raiders of the lost ark 11 times
SDCC 2013,2014,2015,2016
FanExpo  2011,2012, 2015
Montreal CC  2011, 2013
Ottawa CC 2013
Cornwall CAPE 2015, 2016

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2018, 01:31:48 PM »
Six is the number of times I will see something I really love, to 'set' it in my memory as a large screen experience. Sooo..

Home Alone ( I'm not afraid anymore!)
Stargate (I'm here in case you succeed.)
Independence Day (You want to impress me, get a job!)
Titanic (I put the diamond in the coat....and I put the coat on her!)
The Matrix (Mr. Anderson...)
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2018, 04:35:50 PM »
As an adult while I have seen a ton of movies twice in the theater the only one I have seen 3 times is Avengers.  Went to a marvel marathon opening night with the movies leading up to Avengers.  Second time in a RPX theater, and lastly one last time with a friend that had missed it.

While I'm dating myself as a kid we would go to the matinees every Saturday and they would show the old Sinbad and Godzilla movies so I've seen them all probably 10 times each.  Embarrassingly enough Bugsy Malone is probably the movie I've seen in the theater the most as I loved it when I was a kid and would make sure to go to every showing.

Offline frgx

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 769
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2018, 10:15:41 PM »
Raiders of the lost ark 11 times
That summer I saw Raiders probably 5 times, but at the Drive-In. Those were fun times.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2018, 03:27:15 AM »
While I'm dating myself as a kid we would go to the matinees every Saturday and they would show the old Sinbad and Godzilla movies so I've seen them all probably 10 times each. 

[member=5606]tsnyder[/member] - Godzilla - hurrah!  Those movies need to be seen on the big screen again!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »
Being a bunch of folks sooooooooo into comic cons, pop culture and the like, we're all about blockbuster movies, and we've all seen them multiple times in the theaters.  So, question for the masses: What movie have you seen the most in the theater (theaters only, not home theater/disc/on-demand) and how many times was it?

For me: Guardians of the Galaxy, vol 1 - 8 times.  This movie was awesome in the theater.

Next!
Tough question for me; I used to see movies multiple times in HS or college so it would've been something from the 90's.  I think PULP FICTION would've been the one: I saw that 4 times opening weekend alone.  IIRC I saw Pulp Fiction at least a dozen times, maybe closer to two dozen.  Not only did it blow my mind (the significance of that film can't be overstated, especially for its time.  There have been so many 'copy cats' and films influenced it's easy to overlook just how big of a deal that film was upon initial release), but it became a film that was really entertaining to see w/audiences. 
I saw Jurassic Park in double digits in theaters as well (half of that at $1 second-hand theaters) but Pulp Fiction I saw the most in theaters I think

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2018, 03:27:49 PM »
I hardly go to the movies anymore (maybe 5 times a year... last year only 3!), but when I was in high school/college, I would go a ton. I think 5x was the max for a single movie. I know for a fact I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 5 times, and I think I hit that number with Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (I think they came out around the same time, too). I was 15 and couldn't drive, but my older sister was obsessed with both and every time she asked if I wanted to go with her, I said yes.

I saw most of the other HP movies 3-4 times, and LOTR:ROTK 3x. But outside of HP and LOTR I didn't do too many multiple times.

Once cell phones became more prolific I started hating going to the cinema. I have to REALLY want to see a movie to go, but more often than not someone will make the experience miserable and not worth the money.

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
What Movie Have You Seen The Most in Theaters? And How Many Times?
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2018, 03:48:24 PM »
I saw it many times, but the best experience I ever had watching films involved A New Hope. I went opening night with a group of friends, and of course, everyone new immediately that the movie game was never going to be the same again. But, the brain exploding experience for me was when I went back the next night by myself to a sold out theater. I sat in the middle of a sea of people who had not seen the film yet and just experienced them watching it. It really helped me truly, for the first time, realize the power of the communal experience of seeing a film in a crowded theater. Fancy, tricked out film room or no, I’d still rather see a film with a huge crowd of people who are also experiencing it for the first time. My wife and I live two hours away from our movie friend group of about 15 of us, and between a hotel, food and Dolby movie tickets, it’s a $200 commitment. It’s worth every penny to me.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:56:59 PM by mickeyjack3 »