Author Topic: Conan Shows 2018  (Read 57859 times)

Offline Antisocial

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 65
Re: Conan Shows 2018
« Reply #525 on: July 24, 2018, 10:37:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Glad you enjoyed that show! I was in line by 7:15 I was out by 9:30 and still got good seats! Jamie Lee Curtis was def one of my fav moments and when they got people dancing on stage lol overall great show!
I also got a conan t shirt from one of the members of his crew which was awesome! :D

That’s cool - I sort of regret not buying a tshirt at the show; I was going through this whole thing throughout the con about whether to buy more shirts that I probably wouldn’t wear or not, and of course ended-up buying several on the last day and being disappointed by some being sold-out  :) But still, I’ve got the Pop, so that’s my pension sorted  8)

Too bad we didn’t get the chance to meet-up, especially as it seems we were pretty close to each other at Conan - hope you enjoy Iceland, and survive the marathon  ;)

Offline Ngokatie85

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #526 on: July 24, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
This was the 4th straight year for me attending Conan this year and I was able to make the Thursday and Friday shows. For both days I was the line setter for my group and both days I fell in like at 3am and was 4th in line on Thursday and 2nd in line on Friday. Got front row dead center for both days and was able to get on stage on Thursday for the pre show dance session that happens before each show at sdcc. Got a free shirt Conan shirt for my participation and was able to keep the 4 predator Conan’s for Thursday show and 2 ant man Conan’s for Friday’s show. This was the first year where I didn’t have to resort to buying the Conan’s from people exiting the show that I needed since I was able to get 6 from the Conan show and 7 from the team coco events on 4th st. Ended with 2 complete sets and all I sacrificed was my time. I’ll take that anyday over paying 60.00 to 80.00 each for a Conan. Hopefully he’s back next year to dispel the rumors that this was the Conan’s show last year at SDCC.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #527 on: Today at 06:10:48 PM »

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #527 on: July 24, 2018, 11:14:31 AM »
That’s cool - I sort of regret not buying a tshirt at the show; I was going through this whole thing throughout the con about whether to buy more shirts that I probably wouldn’t wear or not, and of course ended-up buying several on the last day and being disappointed by some being sold-out  :) But still, I’ve got the Pop, so that’s my pension sorted  8)

Too bad we didn’t get the chance to meet-up, especially as it seems we were pretty close to each other at Conan - hope you enjoy Iceland, and survive the marathon  ;)

Yeah I forgot about the forum all weekend I was mainly checking the unofficial blog twitters account for updates lol next time mate!
and thanks! I will! :D
Glad you enjoyed it!

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #528 on: July 24, 2018, 04:54:06 PM »
13 conan pops?!! That seems like more than any one person needs!
But anyways, loved the conan house this year. Got into 3 shows and was lucky enough to get pops at 2 of the shows.
Just a FYI on Saturday at the show I went to EVERYONE got pops, not just first 50.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #529 on: July 24, 2018, 05:29:19 PM »
Just a FYI on Saturday at the show I went to EVERYONE got pops, not just first 50.

Everyone got pops at all the shows. Its the Team coco house that you had to be the first 50 to get pops.

Offline WhySoXiruious

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 26
« Reply #530 on: July 24, 2018, 05:33:07 PM »
Everyone got pops at all the shows. Its the Team coco house that you had to be the first 50 to get pops.
I think they are letting you know that on Saturday at one of the shows at team Coco house, everyone got pops, not just the first 50.

Offline Car_Low

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 610
« Reply #531 on: July 24, 2018, 05:49:48 PM »
I think they are letting you know that on Saturday at one of the shows at team Coco house, everyone got pops, not just the first 50.

ah ok misread since this thread is about the taped shows there's a separate thread for the team coco house.

Offline gunkata

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #532 on: July 24, 2018, 06:25:19 PM »
Anyone noticed how his voice was almost gone by Friday? Very raspy, and he still went on to go to coco house for the stand up show and do the Saturday show as well.
I love that man! lol he shows dedication time after time :D

Conan stopped by the Coco House for the Saturday 9pm show to do an unannounced stand-up set.  Talked about how he had viral laryngitis and high-5ing the crowd.  Needed to be pumped full of steroids to fix his voice.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2018, 06:27:23 PM »
Conan stopped by the Coco House for the Saturday 9pm show to do an unannounced stand-up set.  Talked about how he had viral laryngitis and high-5ing the crowd.  Needed to be pumped full of steroids to fix his voice.

Is that the show where everyone got pops?

Offline gunkata

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #534 on: July 24, 2018, 06:50:44 PM »
Is that the show where everyone got pops?

I was the first person in line so I can't say for sure.  But after the set he did sign autographs for just about everyone.  Seemed like everyone had Pops to sign.