Author Topic: Taco Bell Demolition Man Experience  (Read 7053 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: Taco Bell Demolition Man Experience
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2018, 01:28:27 PM »
A look at the Press Box.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2018, 01:40:19 PM »
I’m going to check this out and get some free food. Hopefully line won’t be that long or I’ll probably just take some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:48:58 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2018, 12:27:37 AM »
Short post, too tired must sleep.

Got into line about 6:45pm, got capped out of line at 8pm.  Was about 5-6 people too far back in line.  Walked by at 11pm, the people that got into the cap in front of me were still about an hour away.  If you want to get in, get in line around 3pm or earlier.

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2018, 08:21:36 AM »
Went yesterday around 4 capped at 445.  It was one of the best experience I had comic con.Got in at 715

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2018, 08:29:00 AM »
Walked by at 11pm last night and it was walk in. Maybe they were out of stuff? But people were just walking in.

Offline V

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2018, 09:56:48 AM »
Got in line yesterday 4pm. End of line was around the corner, but was "checked in" about 615pm and seated about 630pm. Walked out around 730pm. It was a really neat experience, the fries were warm. I enjoyed the food and didn't feel the need to buy more food from somewhere afterwards. I don't know if I'd spend my whole evening waiting for it, but 2 hours before it opened for the experience and free food wasn't bad at all.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2018, 11:09:22 AM »
Walked by at 11pm last night and it was walk in. Maybe they were out of stuff? But people were just walking in.

I heard they ran out of food around 9pm. They probably just walked in to look. Or buy stuff

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2018, 01:39:15 PM »
Walked by Thursday eve, saw a line down the block and extending to the next block that didn’t move in the couple minutes I was around the area, took some pics of the line in front of the Taco Bell sign and left. It did look like a cool event, but this is a perfect example of why I don’t do offsites.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2018, 09:12:22 PM »
Did the Taco Bell experience this evening, I got in line about 3pm I was there early because it was Saturday. Doors opened at 6 but there were people inside so I’m thinking they were VIP. We were seated about 6:30 and it took about an hour to get thru dinner. It was so much fun and my family really enjoyed dinner, the food and atmosphere. The staff was really nice and friendly. Daughter bought a pin and cap I wanted a beret but there was none for sale

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 07:00:33 AM »
Walked by Thursday eve, saw a line down the block and extending to the next block that didn’t move in the couple minutes I was around the area, took some pics of the line in front of the Taco Bell sign and left. It did look like a cool event, but this is a perfect example of why I don’t do offsites.

You don't do event's because of lines?  What do you do at comic-con then?

After being capped out on Thursday, I got in on Friday.  I made sure to get in line early and got in on the first seating.  The worst part about the line were the line cutters.  I had to say "Line's back there." about 50 times.  90% of the people were good about it.  10% gave a bit of backtalk.  There was that one guy, you know who you are, that just kept hopping in further and further up even though about 3 people including myself told him not to cut in line.  I wish more people had jumped in to shame him.  I wish the security at the door had denied him since the last time, they were close enough to hear what was going on.

It was way worth it.  Great experience.  Best in the fake environment experience I've been to.  Wesley Snipes was also there but he only stayed for about 30 mins.

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 09:28:01 AM »

After being capped out on Thursday, I got in on Friday.  I made sure to get in line early and got in on the first seating.  The worst part about the line were the line cutters.  I had to say "Line's back there." about 50 times.  90% of the people were good about it.  10% gave a bit of backtalk.  There was that one guy, you know who you are, that just kept hopping in further and further up even though about 3 people including myself told him not to cut in line.  I wish more people had jumped in to shame him.  I wish the security at the door had denied him since the last time, they were close enough to hear what was going on.

It was way worth it.  Great experience.  Best in the fake environment experience I've been to.  Wesley Snipes was also there but he only stayed for about 30 mins.
Same with line cutters on Saturday. I was the end of our party so I was the line cop. People kept trying to cut in and I would go end of the line is around the block, Be Well.

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2018, 10:09:50 AM »
I was sad to see that less than a day after the Taco Bell offsite ended, the restaurant that it took over was back in full operation as a steakhouse.  I walked by after con last night and there was no sign that it ever happened.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2018, 11:48:14 AM »

Things that don’t require a 3.5:1 ratio of time waiting in line vs. time spent at the actual event. Most time I spend in line is 2-3 hours and that’s only if it’s for a panel room I’m going to spend all day (or most of the day) in.
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2018, 11:57:59 AM »
Things that don’t require a 3.5:1 ratio of time waiting in line vs. time spent at the actual event. Most time I spend in line is 2-3 hours and that’s only if it’s for a panel room I’m going to spend all day (or most of the day) in.

So I guess you don't wait for anything on the exhibit floor either.  Since one can wait for an hour just to spend 5 seconds whizzing by the booth to pick up swag. ;)

Taco Bell fit that ratio.  I was in line for a little less than 3 hours and spent over an hour inside.  I was talking to the people behind me while in line for the Purge Store yesterday.  I said I will wait 3 hours for an offsite but I would never wait 3 hours in line for a panel.  They agreed stating the exact same reason I do all the time.  I've said it before on this forum.  Offsites are participatory and panels are observatory.  She said she would wait 3 hours to do something she can't do anywhere else, but not wait 3 hours to watch something she can watch at home.  Which if you are not sitting far enough forward, is what you are doing in the big panels.  Watching it happen on a TV screen.

Comic-con is different for everyone.  That's the beauty of it.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2018, 12:18:03 PM »
So I guess you don't wait for anything on the exhibit floor either.  Since one can wait for an hour just to spend 5 seconds whizzing by the booth to pick up swag. ;)

Taco Bell fit that ratio.  I was in line for a little less than 3 hours and spent over an hour inside.  I was talking to the people behind me while in line for the Purge Store yesterday.  I said I will wait 3 hours for an offsite but I would never wait 3 hours in line for a panel.  They agreed stating the exact same reason I do all the time.  I've said it before on this forum.  Offsites are participatory and panels are observatory.  She said she would wait 3 hours to do something she can't do anywhere else, but not wait 3 hours to watch something she can watch at home.  Which if you are not sitting far enough forward, is what you are doing in the big panels.  Watching it happen on a TV screen.

Comic-con is different for everyone.  That's the beauty of it.

Yeah, that’s very true. And no, I don’t wait an hour for things on the exhibit hall either. For exclusives, if I see a long line then I just come back later. That worked for Hasbro and Hallmark. Even the WB line for free T-shirts at the end of the con wasn’t that bad.

It’s definitely a judgement call on what our favorite part of the con is but mine is panels because I get a different buzz when seeing the actual live people who worked on a product are there and seeing them interact with their fans at Q&A (you can’t really do that anywhere either) vs. seeing that recorded and played back on a shaky cam on YouTube later. Also, I like being able to see clips or in many cases full episodes of shows and movies before wide release. To me, that is just as participatory as any offsite.