Author Topic: Which panels are you excited to see this year?  (Read 13280 times)

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
Re: Which panels are you excited to see this year?
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2018, 12:58:03 PM »
The year I finally get into Game of Thrones and HBO decides to skip out SDCC :(

Do you think they'll opt in for NYCC instead?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2018, 01:05:43 PM by jazzyj »

Offline MickeyJack

• Supporter
  • Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 591
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2018, 01:21:27 PM »
I’m hoping Fillion will do a panel for The Rookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 12:11:06 AM »

Offline hipchick

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »
I was going to say HBO PANEL....but, oh well.  :(

Offline rabbitwarren

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 399
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2018, 04:02:21 AM »
I am intrigued by Castle Rock.

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2018, 10:38:26 AM »
I haven't built up any excitement for anything this year.  I don't have any TV series or movies that are "must sees" for me.

Even though I am a little curious about the Shazam movie with Zachary Levi, it's going to be in Hall H and I don't do Hall H unless I hear there are no long lines (like on Sunday).

I'm just hoping that I can do what I've done the last few years:  avoid any panel where you have to wait more than and hour and get in as many other panels as possible. 

There are always pleasant surprises when you go to panels that aren't in the top ten for demand.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2018, 11:24:35 AM »
Sid and Marty Croft!  That is my childhood wrapped up in an hour panel  :P

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2018, 07:03:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sid and Marty Croft!  That is my childhood wrapped up in an hour panel  :P
Me too. I missed the panel last year, but may check it out this year.
Ang

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2018, 10:23:49 AM »
Looks like Supernatural and Riverdale are first up in hall H this year on Sunday... so maybe Doctor Who will be after Riverdale?

From the WB Press Release:

SUNDAY, JULY 23

10:30–11:30 a.m. Supernatural Special Video Presentation and Q&A — Join the series’ stars Jensen Ackles, Jared Padalecki, Misha Collins, Alexander Calvert and executive producers Robert Singer, Andrew Dabb, Eugenie Ross-Leming and Brad Buckner in Hall H to answer questions about the shocking events in last season’s intense finale, as well as what’s in store for the 14th season of this exciting series, when the show will reach the rare milestone of 300 episodes! Fans will also be treated to an exclusive video presentation featuring series highlights! The 14th season of Supernatural will return to The CW on Thursday, October 11 in its 8/7c time period. The series is produced by Kripke Enterprises Inc. in association with Warner Bros. Television. Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on September 4. Become a fan of the show on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and follow the show on Twitter at @cw_spn.  Hall H

11:45a.m.–12:45p.m.  Riverdale Special Video Presentation and Q&A –– Following yet another drama-filled season and shocking season two finale, don’t miss Riverdale when it returns to San Diego for its third appearance at Comic-Con – this time in Hall H!  Join Archie and the gang as they continue to dive into the secrets that loom and keep emerging from the shadows in a town that once seemed like a quiet, ordinary place. The circumstances surrounding Archie’s arrest kick off the drama of season three as the gang tries to #FreeArchie and Hiram Lodge continues to flesh out his plans to control not only Riverdale, but the ever growing SoDale.  Based on the characters from Archie Comics and produced by Berlanti Productions (The Flash, Supergirl, Blindspot, Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow) in association with Warner Bros. Television, this one-hour drama is a bold, subversive take on the surreality of small-town life.  Join us for a special video presentation followed by a Q&A with series stars KJ Apa, Lili Reinhart, Camila Mendes, Cole Sprouse, Marisol Nichols, Madelaine Petsch, Ashleigh Murray, Mark Consuelos, Casey Cott, Skeet Ulrich, Mädchen Amick, Luke Perry and Vanessa Morgan and producers Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Sarah Schechter and Jon Goldwater.  Riverdale’s season three returns Wednesday, October 10 at 8/7c on The CW. Riverdale: The Complete Second Season is available now on Digital, and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on August 7. Become a fan on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and follow the show on Twitter at @CW_Riverdale.  Hall H

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
Didnt realize Riverdale was that popular to warrant  Hall H spot. Thinking they just really needed to fill a spot.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2018, 10:56:02 AM »
Didnt realize Riverdale was that popular to warrant  Hall H spot. Thinking they just really needed to fill a spot.

I agree. I want to see Riverdale, and I'm hoping I'll just be able to walk in 30 minutes before it begins, or as the Supernatural fans go out.

Offline semigeekgirl

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • "If the apocalypse comes, beep me."
  • Liked: 2464
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »
Riverdale and Supernatural are basically the only two CW shows I don't watch, so I'm glad they're in a block together personally.

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2018, 11:02:02 AM »
Riverdale and Supernatural are basically the only two CW shows I don't watch, so I'm glad they're in a block together personally.

I like Supernatural but have as least been to a Supernatural panel in the past and would only want to go again if there were other panels I wanted to see in Hsll H thst day.....and it's not looking likely.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2018, 12:02:06 PM »

Voltron: Legendary Defender is consistently one of the best shows on TV, with adventure, heart, thrills, huge laughs, and a big ol’ robot made of lions. With the recently dropped sixth season, the series hit another high mark with the gang finally realizing Prince Lotor’s true machinations, and a new realization of where they have to go next. Those seven episodes were so good it was almost a shame to finish them. When will season seven hit Netflix!? Well, if you happen to be going to San Diego Comic-Con in July, the Voltron panel will give fans a sneak peak of the next season premiere!

On Friday, July 20, at 10:15am in San Diego Convention Center room 6BCF, join executive producers Joaquim Dos Santos and Lauren Montgomery, story editor Josh Hamilton, and actors Rhys Darby (voice of Coran), Bex Taylor-Klaus (voice of Pidge), and Jeremy Shada (voice of Lance) as they chat with the handsomest moderator this side of Daibazaal, one Mr. Kyle Anderson (i.e., ME) about the season we’ve just had and the upcoming seventh season. And yes! You’ll get to watch the whole premiere episode, too!

That’s not all, of course. On Saturday morning, Joaquim, Lauren, Josh, Bex, and Rhys will be signing an SDCC-exclusive poster created by the Voltron crew. Limited tickets will be made available in advance in the Autograph Area. But you’ll get the poster just for coming to the panel, and you’re definitely going to want this poster. Take a look!

If more exclusives are your thing, you’ll be able to get several other con-exclusive Voltron things by hitting the convention floor.

Playmates Toys is offering Hyper Phase Voltron, consisting of all five lions with brand new projectile-launching weapons upgrades, and each Lion has all new designs, is highly articulated, and includes a unique speeder and pilot. Combine all 5 Lions to form a fully articulated 16” Voltron figure. (Check out the images at the bottom of the page.)

These toys will be available through Entertainment Earth Booth #2343, Think Geek/Gamestop Booth #3349, Toynk Toys Booth #815/4437, Trendsetters/Sure Thing Toys Booth #4730.

At the Han Cholo booth–#1720–fans of both new and old eras of Voltron will find exclusive pendants and enamel pins, sure to become your favorite pieces of galactic flair.

And finally, at Lion Forge Comics booth #5543, fans will get to pick up the SDCC exclusive variant of Voltron Legendary Defender Series 3, Issue 1, cover art by Keezy Young, limited to 400 copies.

“Allura must first find a way to infiltrate SPRAWL, a group of closely guarded planets that are mined for many of the Galra’s construction materials. Cutting off these resources is the first step toward bringing down the Galra. But the key to successfully finding a way in is to break the bond of the mysterious force that holds these planets together. Written By Mitch Iverson, Art by Rubine & Beni Lobel.”

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2018, 12:43:41 PM »
Yes! The Orville!

Saturday, July 21, 4:00 – 4:50PM THE ORVILLE, Indigo Ballroom – From Emmy Award-winning executive producer and creator Seth MacFarlane, “The Orville” is back for Season 2!  Join the some of the crew members of the U.S.S. Orville: Seth MacFarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Penny Johnson Jerald, Scott Grimes along with Executive Producers David A. Goodman, Brannon Braga and Jon Cassar to get an exclusive look at some of the new and exciting missions in the upcoming second season!

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2018, 01:32:54 PM »
Looks like Supernatural and Riverdale are first up in hall H this year on Sunday... so maybe Doctor Who will be after Riverdale?

Doctor Who must be later in the day.

10:30–11:30 a.m. Supernatural
11:45a.m.–12:45p.m.  Riverdale
Mayans M.C. (1PM-2PM, Hall H).
Legion (2:15PM-3:15PM, Hall H).

« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 01:40:31 PM by TardisMom »