Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration  (Read 24237 times)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« on: July 23, 2018, 02:42:29 PM »
Please use this thread to discuss Pro Registration for SDCC 2019

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Comic-Con 2019 Professional Application Period
The Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 professional application period is now OPEN! To apply as a professional for Comic-Con 2019, please download the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2019 Information and Application for Professionals” PDF below.  All applications and verification materials are due by August 16, 2018.

Also note:

NEW for Comic-Con & WonderCon Anaheim 2019

Due to the ever-increasing popularity of both Comic-Con and the industries that serve the popular arts, we have updated the requirements and categories for professional badge registration. Beginning after Comic-Con 2018, the categories of “creative professional” and “trade professional” will be dissolved, and all members who meet the qualifications and are approved are simply considered “professionals.” All professional badges are granted the same level of access during the event. Please see below for new information regarding the qualifications for professionals.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:22:56 AM by Angology »
Ang

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: SDCC 2019 Pro Registration
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 09:19:24 AM »
Bumping this one. Don't forget!

All applications and verification materials are due by August 16, 2018.
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:06:17 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 09:35:43 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Member ID Notices also updated on August 17, 2018
Comic-Con 2019 Professional Application Period

The Comic-Con 2019 professional application period is now closed. All applications and verification materials were due by August 16, 2018 for Comic-Con 2019. Applications submitted after this date will be considered for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 and Comic-Con 2020. Please allow 6 - 8 weeks for applications to be processed. If you have been approved as a professional for Comic-Con 2019, or if your professional verification status is NOT DUE, you will receive information regarding online professional badge registration as it becomes available.

What if I missed the August 16, 2018 professional application deadline for Comic-Con 2019? What can I do?

Because of the high volume of applicants, applications and materials submitted after the deadline will not be accepted for Comic-Con 2019 under any circumstances. If your application is received after August 16, 2018, it will be reviewed for WonderCon Anaheim 2019 and Comic-Con 2020.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 49
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 12:06:17 PM »
There's no indication if the number of Pro badges to be issued will increase in quantity. But bringing the two categories of Pro together will most likely mean that entertainment pros outside of direct comics involvement will see a reduction in the number of acceptances.

COMIC-CON AND WONDERCON ANAHEIM are pleased to provide complimentary badges to professionals who are active in the creation of comic books, graphic novels, digital/webcomics, comic strips and animation, as well as genre-related illustrators and science fiction/fantasy authors and book editors. This includes roles such as: writer, artist, penciller, inker, colorist, letterer, and animator. Qualifying work must be provided to indicate a professional’s involvement in these projects.

We cannot guarantee professional badges to those who fall outside of the categories listed above. However, all other professionals and executives who are employed in entertainment & popular culture fields (film, television, toy & apparel design, and other related industries) are welcome to apply during our next application period, and we will consider each application on an individual basis.

Have always gotten a Pro badge via my videogame credentials. Curious to see if those meet the requirements for next year.

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2018, 09:01:56 PM »
There's no indication if the number of Pro badges to be issued will increase in quantity. But bringing the two categories of Pro together will most likely mean that entertainment pros outside of direct comics involvement will see a reduction in the number of acceptances.

Have always gotten a Pro badge via my videogame credentials. Curious to see if those meet the requirements for next year.

I feel like this may effect me. I have my publishing company so i register as a publisher, but i am also an author and i have another author, whose work i'm publishing, who does graphic novels & writes books in sci-fi/fantasy/crime/horror. I use SDCC to network! ugh... this....ugh... this could effect me! :(

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2018, 06:11:50 PM »
To update, got confirmation of returning Pro status today via email.
Very happy about that.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 07:00:40 PM »
Very happy about that.

Congrats! Now you're set for the next 3 years!

Offline tremendo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »
Very happy about that.

Congrats, EscoBlades! When did you submit your materials?

I'm hoping to receive similar good news. Applied as Pro for first time as an Educator.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 07:10:22 AM »
Congrats, EscoBlades! When did you submit your materials?

I'm hoping to receive similar good news. Applied as Pro for first time as an Educator.

Thanks. I submitted my materials on the 9th of July. Received confirmation of Pro status on the 17th of September. I saw some folks on Twitter had got their's the week before, so I was definitely not in the first wave, if that helps.

Offline therorkstar

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 12:35:07 PM »
Just received my confirmation/approval today.  Submitted my application on July 11.

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2018, 07:16:19 AM »
Just received my confirmation/approval today.  Submitted my application on July 11.
Congrats!

Offline D34dp00l

• Supporter
  • Freebie Table
  • All Your Base Are Belong to Us...
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2018, 01:19:33 PM »
Guys, just clarifying - you received your confirmation that you are approved, not the actual ability to register, correct ?  I was approved last year for the first time and says I do not need to verify - so now I simply wait for the actual reg invitation, correct ?

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »
So does any know if they're still sending out pro-registration renewal confirmations for verifications emails?

I had to renew this year, I was late in sending in my information but i made the deadline... i'm on pins & needles. If i don't get approved, then i dunno.. i guess that free me up to attend my brother's wedding... <_< but just want to know what's going on.. am i approved.. or not..

and yes.. i am weighing missing my brother's wedding for comic-con... i'm literally negotiating, "well.. the wedding's sunday... so.. if i come back on saturday, i should be good...right?"

O:)

Offline EscoBlades

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 09:14:56 AM »
Guys, just clarifying - you received your confirmation that you are approved, not the actual ability to register, correct ?  I was approved last year for the first time and says I do not need to verify - so now I simply wait for the actual reg invitation, correct ?

Yes, the emails going out now, are confirmation that we have been approved for Pro status

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2018, 12:19:39 PM »
I received my confirmation/approval e-mail today.