Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211093 times)

Offline Warren

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 6
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2580 on: May 14, 2019, 05:16:54 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
For which hotel by chance?
Yes, I got an email from OnPeak too.  I received a room at MGH from forum member and gave my 2nd round Hotel Republic to a forum member.  I sent OnPeak a reply saying they aren't duplicates.  Hopefully they will see different names on the reservation, credit card and email. 

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #2581 on: May 14, 2019, 05:21:06 PM »
Does anyone know if Hotels give you a hard time about adding on a night's stay through another site that's not OnPeak?

I was thinking about staying an additional night, but it's cheaper to book directly through the Hotel for Sunday night rather than using OnPeak. Does anyone know if the Hotel makes you check out and check back into another room for the one night OR will they let you stay in the one room for the duration of your stay?

I've done this at nearly all of our WonderCon and SDCC hotels stays. Plus I have done this on various vacations when we added a day. It's never been a problem -- of course, it's always the same room type too. Just tell them when you check in and they are usually happy to help.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2582 on: Today at 08:39:43 AM »

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #2582 on: May 14, 2019, 08:06:29 PM »
Anyone else running into resistance from Onpeak getting a room transferred over? I was generously given a room in the exchange, but I've hit a speed bump from OP (or maybe just one operator) who wouldn't let anyone who wasn't the original booker make changes. This is my first time trying an exchange, so I'm not sure how smooth the process usually is.

Nope! A forum member had an extra room and offered it to me before dropping it and now I can't even get the name or credit card changed. According to OnPeak, they've changed things this year!

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #2583 on: May 15, 2019, 09:12:50 AM »
Nope! A forum member had an extra room and offered it to me before dropping it and now I can't even get the name or credit card changed. According to OnPeak, they've changed things this year!

Wow..this sounds like a hugely inconvenient change. ???
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Online SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2584 on: May 15, 2019, 09:30:30 AM »
onPeak will not change the credit card once the deposit is made, you will have to do that when you get to the hotel.
In order for you to check-in, you will need to get your name added as an occupant (roommate).  If this is a single room that is not part of a room block, the original owner should call onPeak to add your name.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #2585 on: May 15, 2019, 10:25:21 AM »

Did the person giving you the room call themselves? I'm sure they wouldn't change it with just you calling, but if the person who reserved with the card calls, they've been good about changing things. I've done this with a 3-way call with OnPeak (me + person I was giving it to + OnPeak).
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline MsButtaskotch

• Room 6BCF
  • 80s Baby. 90s Girl. 2K Adult = Certified Awesome
    • Crimson Charm Publishing
  • Liked: 77
« Reply #2586 on: May 15, 2019, 01:52:10 PM »
Did the person giving you the room call themselves? I'm sure they wouldn't change it with just you calling, but if the person who reserved with the card calls, they've been good about changing things. I've done this with a 3-way call with OnPeak (me + person I was giving it to + OnPeak).

They did. They were wonderful about it. I dunno, I guess because this is my first time, I thought it would be slightly easier. But im good now! Just waiting on July to get here! :)

Offline lolaswill

• Exhibit Hall
  • =) Feel free to PM me
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #2587 on: May 20, 2019, 05:38:29 PM »
Anyone else still waiting for a refund? I've been patient...but my friend refunded a room before the may 10th date and got it back in 2 days. I cancelled ON the 10th...and still waiting. Same credit card company/type/rewards.

Offline lisaj

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #2588 on: May 20, 2019, 05:58:32 PM »
Anyone else still waiting for a refund? I've been patient...but my friend refunded a room before the may 10th date and got it back in 2 days. I cancelled ON the 10th...and still waiting. Same credit card company/type/rewards.

I got refunded the following week and I cancelled a room on the 10th. You should give OnPeak a call if you're still waiting.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #2589 on: May 20, 2019, 09:44:22 PM »
When we patch together rooms, can we do it under the same account, or should we create separate OnPeak accounts?  For instance, if I have a room for Saturday/Sunday, and I see a room for Thursday/Friday, can I book the room for Thursday/Friday using the same account I used to reserve Saturday/Sunday?

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #2590 on: May 21, 2019, 04:44:59 AM »
When we patch together rooms, can we do it under the same account, or should we create separate OnPeak accounts?  For instance, if I have a room for Saturday/Sunday, and I see a room for Thursday/Friday, can I book the room for Thursday/Friday using the same account I used to reserve Saturday/Sunday?

[member=8132]puppy[/member] - I believe you may be able to just add those days when you log into your account if they are consecutive days.  They should show when you log in to your current reservation.  Otherwise, a call to OnPeak may get what you need.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 05:10:43 AM by marcia29 »

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #2591 on: May 21, 2019, 06:51:39 AM »
[member=8132]puppy[/member] - I believe you may be able to just add those days when you log into your account if they are consecutive days.  They should show when you log in to your current reservation.  Otherwise, a call to OnPeak may get what you need.

But if they are at different locations?

Offline lolaswill

• Exhibit Hall
  • =) Feel free to PM me
  • Liked: 32
« Reply #2592 on: May 21, 2019, 10:25:04 AM »
I got refunded the following week and I cancelled a room on the 10th. You should give OnPeak a call if you're still waiting.

Of course I look up onpeak's number start to dial this morning and thought I'd check my CC one last time, and there mt refund was today. 1 day after my CC cycle ends. If I planned to call last week I'm sure the universe would've made it so the refund came in then.

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
« Reply #2593 on: May 21, 2019, 02:04:49 PM »

But if they are at different locations?

Ah...I think  you may have to keep them as separate then if different locations/hotels.

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #2594 on: June 04, 2019, 02:31:51 PM »
I should remember but I'm drawing a blank.  Does the rest of my balance for hotel get charged by onpeak automatically or do I pay to hotel when I'm on site?