Author Topic: Can someone help a newbie out?  (Read 1269 times)

Offline khurley23

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Can someone help a newbie out?
« on: July 18, 2018, 03:10:44 PM »
I am so not prepared for the craziness that is SDCC.  Since I didn't get any of my lottery autograph choices, I really want to make sure I make it into the Walking Dead panel in Hall H on Friday. Since it is one of the earlier panels of the day, can anyone let me know when I should get in line? I know people start lining up the night before but I need to sleep in a bed even if it means waking up crazy early. And if you can also tell me where to go for the line, that would be great too. There is so much information out there, I'm kind of on overload! I think I read something about white tents? Thanks in advance peeps!

Offline Karin

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 75
Re: Can someone help a newbie out?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2018, 03:57:19 PM »
White tents right next to Hall H, it's impossible to miss them. And well, Last year the Line for Hall H on Friday started Wed night so your best bet is to find line buddy's.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:02:42 AM »

Offline Zero

• Global Moderator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 1991
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2018, 05:21:21 PM »
Just as a quick side note:

You may have noticed that people might not feel comfortable posting on social media or other online mediums what time they plan to line up for panels and the like.  It mostly has to do with the snowball effect of people trying to line up earlier and earlier, which can cause problems for all parties, including attendees, convention center security, and Comic-Con staff, so many of those discussions take place in private group discussions with whoever may be organizing line team-ups or groups.

Scope out the line in advance, and use your best judgement (while also minding your health and safety).  There's also a thread you may want to check out: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Take a moment to read through some related threads on the forums.  There's a lot of great information and tips out around here.  ^__^d
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login | You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Searching for the light known as 'you' in the middle of the night...

Offline khurley23

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2018, 08:34:54 PM »
I'm starting to feel like an idiot. Having a very difficult time navigating the forums. Tried to check out discord app and I can't seem to get anywhere. Feeling like I should start lowering my expectations.   :(

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 08:55:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'm starting to feel like an idiot. Having a very difficult time navigating the forums. Tried to check out discord app and I can't seem to get anywhere. Feeling like I should start lowering my expectations.   :(
You are not an idiot! The Con is a learning curve.

For Walking Dead, you will definitely have to be in line Thursday to get a wristband for Friday. Once you have your wristband, though, you can leave and sleep in a real bed! Just make sure to get back to the Hall H line before 7:30am Friday. The only catch is you don't have anyone holding your spot (by overnight camping), you have to go to the back of the wristbanded line, which means you'll probably be sitting pretty far back in the room.

If you dont get a wristband Thursday, you can try your luck getting up super early Friday and just cross your fingers you make it in.

I know it can be disappointing not to get into the panel you want, but there is so much to do. If you dont make it in (and you might not, that's the hardest part of SDCC), try not to let it ruin your day. Just try to have as much fun as possible!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk