Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Open Registration: How did you do?  (Read 8136 times)

Offline babyladykatie

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 2
Re: SDCC 2019 Open Registration: How did you do?
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2018, 10:24:47 AM »
Got passes for the first time ever and finally get to cross Comic-Con off our bucket list!  We only missed out on Preview Night but we got Thursday-Sunday.  Now to figure out how the hotel thing works.....

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2018, 10:31:13 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got passes for the first time ever and finally get to cross Comic-Con off our bucket list!  We only missed out on Preview Night but we got Thursday-Sunday.  Now to figure out how the hotel thing works.....

Congratulations!!!

You have plenty of time to figure out the 'hotel thing'.  Check out the focc discussion to start.

Phasers on Stun!!!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 10:13:59 AM »

Offline Louie_rob_m

• Hall H
  • Liked: 364
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2018, 12:22:10 PM »
This will be my 5th year going.... only got Thur. and Sun in returning reg....got everything else today... including PN (my 1st time getting it!!!!).
Thanks to my group Louie_Rob!
You guys rock!!!
Right on Emerald_Mom! I'm so glad you got everything!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2018, 09:12:18 AM »
My wife, son, and I got badges in Pre-Reg, so for Open we were looking to 1) upgrade my son's badge from Sun & Thurs to 4-day, 2) help friends get a badge 3) help group people get badges.  In Pre-Reg we had four devices up and running and none of them hit: I got 4-Day w/PN from a group member, and my wife & teenage son got Sun & Thurs from a friend of my wife who got lucky.  For Open Reg. we had 6 codes up-and-running.  One of them hit pretty early, and we were able to update my son's badge to 4-Day, then help my good buddy and his teenage son get Sunday badges (which is all they wanted/need).  Later in the sale one of the group members got open and was able to purchase a badge for a good friend of my wife's.
By all accounts, my family/friends did well w/Open Reg.  Watching our group spread sheet 'light up' during Sat. morning it seemed like our group also did incredibly well in general between Open & Pre Registration: IIRC EVERYONE in the group that wanted 4-Day got that (not necessarily PN, of course, but everyone who wanted Saturday got Saturday), and near the end of the sale, when it got down to Sunday only, there were more than a few people who were posting in the chat "I'm in, does anyone need a Sunday badge" and helped people not on the list (like my wife's good friend).

After Pre-Reg, thinks weren't looking great in my mind for Open Registration, but things seemed to work well for our buying group & another buying group that got EVERYONE in their group badges wanted and then were helping other groups pretty quickly in the buying process.  The Luck of the Random Draw is crazy, and every year after Comic-Con concludes Sunday evening I resign myself to the fact that I may've experienced my last Comic-Con. 
2019 will be my 20th Comic-Con, and so far the odds have seemingly been in our favor

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2018, 09:41:28 AM »
My wife, son, and I got badges in Pre-Reg, so for Open we were looking to 1) upgrade my son's badge from Sun & Thurs to 4-day, 2) help friends get a badge 3) help group people get badges.  In Pre-Reg we had four devices up and running and none of them hit: I got 4-Day w/PN from a group member, and my wife & teenage son got Sun & Thurs from a friend of my wife who got lucky.  For Open Reg. we had 6 codes up-and-running.  One of them hit pretty early, and we were able to update my son's badge to 4-Day, then help my good buddy and his teenage son get Sunday badges (which is all they wanted/need).  Later in the sale one of the group members got open and was able to purchase a badge for a good friend of my wife's.
By all accounts, my family/friends did well w/Open Reg.  Watching our group spread sheet 'light up' during Sat. morning it seemed like our group also did incredibly well in general between Open & Pre Registration: IIRC EVERYONE in the group that wanted 4-Day got that (not necessarily PN, of course, but everyone who wanted Saturday got Saturday), and near the end of the sale, when it got down to Sunday only, there were more than a few people who were posting in the chat "I'm in, does anyone need a Sunday badge" and helped people not on the list (like my wife's good friend).

After Pre-Reg, thinks weren't looking great in my mind for Open Registration, but things seemed to work well for our buying group & another buying group that got EVERYONE in their group badges wanted and then were helping other groups pretty quickly in the buying process.  The Luck of the Random Draw is crazy, and every year after Comic-Con concludes Sunday evening I resign myself to the fact that I may've experienced my last Comic-Con. 
2019 will be my 20th Comic-Con, and so far the odds have seemingly been in our favor

That's awesome to hear about people helping others who didn't get in get badges through the chat :)

Offline sylent_asassin

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2018, 02:26:58 PM »
I had an external group that consisted of about 23 people total. Everyone got badges in some capacity, but only 6 got PN. My wife and I logged in only to help people as we already had 4 days from returning registration. Neither of us got through. In fact, of all our group, only 4 of us got through, but that was enough to accommodate everyone, fortunately.

I just wish that I had the chance to help some more friends. I felt helpless and useless watching that blue circle spin for over an hour and seeing those "_____ is running low" messages. I stayed logged in until the bitter end and got the "All badges for Comic-Con 2019 have been sold" message. Such an empty, futile feeling.

I read an article online stating that 6.11% of people that attempt to get SDCC badges actually get through. In my group, that number was 5.75%.