Author Topic: SDCC Child Registration  (Read 3594 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Re: SDCC Child Registration
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2018, 01:25:38 PM »
The limit is definitely new, but I can see why they would need to do that. There are those out there who abuse it horribly.

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2018, 12:34:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The limit is definitely new, but I can see why they would need to do that. There are those out there who abuse it horribly.

What was the option for someone who had more than 2 kids under 12 (assuming the person doesn't have an adult partner attending with them)? Is there a way for them to even buy a child's ticket? Very curious about this.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 06:18:48 AM »

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What was the option for someone who had more than 2 kids under 12 (assuming the person doesn't have an adult partner attending with them)? Is there a way for them to even buy a child's ticket? Very curious about this.

I would think that you could contact CCI and arrange for something. But yes, having another adult present (doesn't have to be a spouse) would help. I have helped out friends who bring multiple kids (for example, one yer my friend brought her 2 kids and her nephew, so I registered the nephew).

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
On a related note, for volunteers, I saw they had been doing child badge limitations as well.  The 2018 Volunteer packet had added a "Children" section on page 9 of the packet, which further limited the adult volunteer to bringing only one child, aged 12 or under, with them. (No work by the child at the site, parent or legal guardian only.)

Last year, a father was replacing his lost childrens' badges, so was definitely more than one last year, for volunteers.

Offline Transmute Jun

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2018, 03:05:26 PM »
The real issue is that I have seen people bringing in 8-10 kids each. I've even seen a 'summer camp' group of kids in matching t-shirts. There needs to be a limit on it to prevent abuse. 2 child badges per adult covers up to 4 kids for a family, which covers the vast majority of families. IMHO this is a fair compromise.