Author Topic: ALIEN DAY 4/26 (2019 edition)  (Read 9032 times)

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
ALIEN DAY 4/26 (2019 edition)
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:57:46 AM »
Alien Day Returns

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Fan-focused activities surrounding ALIEN DAY, a nod to planet LV-426 from the landmark ALIEN film, to include:

• Beginning today, Shop.FoxMovies.com unveils all-new apparel commemorating Dark Horse’s upcoming Aliens: Dust to Dust comic series which launches later this month.In preparation for ALIEN DAY fans can shop from a wide selection of never-before-available Alien merchandise on Shop.FoxMovies.com. Additionally, the first 50 customers to purchase select ALIEN merchandise will receive the FIRST copies of Aliens: Dust to Dust #1.
  • Leading up to ALIEN DAY, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will make every film in the ALIEN franchise available to own digitally for $4.99 through the “Movie of the Day” app. This includes Alien (4/21), Aliens (4/22), Alien3 (4/23), Alien: Resurrection (4/24), Prometheus (4/25) and Alien: Covenant (4/26).
  • Gamers can win Alien franchise movies on Blu-ray and other fantastic prizes by competing in Zen Studios’ Aliens Pinball FX3 tournament! Everyone who plays the Aliens table on Five-Minute Mode between April 26 and May 3 is eligible, with the best prizes going to those who top the leaderboards. Players can download Pinball FX3 for free on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, Windows 10 or Steam. The Aliens table is part of a three-pack known as Aliens vs. Pinball, which also includes tables based on Alien vs. Predator and Alien: Isolation.
  • Immerse yourself in the horrors of the ALIEN Universe from the safety of your home. Binge your own ALIEN marathon as HBO On Demand, HBO GO, and HBO NOW will offer a special presentation of the franchise films including Alien (Director’s Cut), Aliens, Alien3, Alien: Resurrection, and Alien: Covenant.
  • Plus, fans should stay tuned for major merchandise announcements, limited edition releases and exciting unveils to take place on and in the days leading up to ALIEN DAY. Among the key licensees returning to the ALIEN DAY celebration include Dark Horse Comics, Eaglemoss, The Loyal Subjects, Fright Rags, Geek Fuel, Mattel, Super 7, Diamond Select, Wonderdice, Park Agencies, Heighway Pinball Limited, Titan, NECA, Mondo, Prime 1, Trevco, Changes, Funko and more.

for info on previous ALIEN DAY events see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

edit: Companies mentioned so far

Dark Horse Comics - Issue 4 of Aliens:Dust to Dust comic

Eaglemoss (UK)  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (Alien Day Giveaway)

The Loyal Subjects

Fright Rags - "hint:we're going retro this year"

So stoked to finally be releasing our first MINI MASK! Coming #AlienDay, April 26 - limited to 426!

update 4/23/18

It's fitting that #ALIENDAY2018 lands on a Thurs because we're releasing a retro THROWBACK collection to celebrate! Licensed Tee, Enamel Pin and brand-new MINI-MASK based on the classic '79 Ben Cooper #ALIEN Halloween Costume! Grab 'em Thurs 04/26 at 10am (EST)! // #frightrags

Geek Fuel - pins in April Box

Mattel

Super 7

Diamond Select

Wonderdice - Alien the Board Game ALIEN-UNCSS NOSTROMO preorder starts on 4/17/18 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Park Agencies

Heighway Pinball Limited

Titan You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

NECA (mentioned in Alien Day prize package You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Mondo (mentioned in Alien Day prize package You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

Update:  These products will be available tomorrow (4/26) at NOON (CT) via mondotees.com. 

see You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

also Mondo Alien Day 2018 merchandise available now You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Prime 1

Trevco

Changes

Funko (mentioned in Alien Day prize package You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

and more.

Alien-Descent VR Experience You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 01:43:57 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
Re: ALIEN DAY 4/26 (2018 edition)
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 01:04:19 AM »
FOX SHOP

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: ALIEN DAY 4/26 (2019 edition)
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:13:14 PM »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 07:53:35 AM »
I really hope nothing extremely cool comes out. I can't afford to buy stuff right now.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

The Gossamer

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 09:55:11 AM »
Yea for ALIENS!

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
I really hope nothing extremely cool comes out. I can't afford to buy stuff right now.

Did you see the Sideshow Alien queen maquette? I'm thinking does my son really need to go to college?

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 03:23:04 PM »
Did you see the Sideshow Alien queen maquette? I'm thinking does my son really need to go to college?
LOL. I've had $6K in Vet bills the last 6 months for my dog. So in my case, does my dog really need to live?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 05:45:17 PM »
LOL. I've had $6K in Vet bills the last 6 months for my dog. So in my case, does my dog really need to live?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honey I know you really wanted to go to Kauai but hey look at our dining table centerpiece!

Hope your dog is doing better. I'll probably do the pinball thing.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2018, 01:25:10 AM »
Fright-Rags.com

(IG) frightrags As part of our Alien Day (4.26) line up this year, I am proud to announce a brand new addition to our mask line up - MINI MASKS! For the past several years we’ve been reproducing vintage-style Ben Cooper and Collegeville vacuform masks, selling them with t-shirts as a box set. These were full size masks in full size boxes, meant to replicate the costumes from our childhood.

However, with the more masks we released it became apparent that…these take up some serious space! I have stacks of them on my office shelf and as much as I love looking at them, they take up a lot of collectible real estate. We wanted to be able to enjoy the warm nostalgic fuzzies these sets gave us, but without cluttering up people’s display cases.
So we went back to the drawing board and tried to think of a different way to showcase our love for these vintage collectibles, but also stay true to them as well. Enter the MINI-MASK. We captured all the details (the eye/mouth holes, rubber band, etc) from the originals, but in a package roughly half the size of an original mask/costume set so it can be displayed much easier. In fact, the box is about the same height/width of a Blu-Ray case.
Our first MINI-MASK release will be a replica of the 1979 ALIEN mask produced by Ben Cooper. We recreated the mask and box, but on a smaller scale. The mask itself measures approximately 4.25” x 6” and boxed it is approximately 5.5” x 6.75”. You can see its scale when compared to a VHS tape in this image (sorry, didn’t have the original ALIEN VHS tape handy, lol). This mask is limited to 426, and will be released on Thursday, April 26 at 10am EST. It will be sold on its own (no shirt), and retail for $17.
We are stoked about this release, and have several other MINI-MASKS in the works, for new and old characters. Stay tuned! - Ben

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2018, 10:14:23 AM »

Alien: Descent virtual reality experience opens April 26 in California

The Outlets at Orange
Suite 806 (across from the movie theater)
20 City Blvd W, Orange, CA 92868
Hours of Operation

MONDAY - THURSDAY (10am - 9pm)
FRIDAY & SATURDAY (10am - 10pm)
SUNDAY (10am - 8pm)

4/25 

Celebrate #ALIENDAY with @AlienDescent at @OutletsatOrange tomorrow from 12-8pm. There will be give-aways and an ALIEN-themed costume contest! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 07:34:53 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
NECA

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 11:06:37 PM »
NECA

I guess someone should have told Fox so they didn't include them in their press release!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
My Twitter

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2018, 10:04:15 AM »
Amazon and Alexa:ALIEN Simulation Game Launches April 26

Hold your breath and step into the ALIEN Universe for the launch of the interactive survival game - the ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator – exclusively available on Amazon Alexa devices and AlienUniverse.com. This first-of-its-kind simulation invites players to experience the intensity and imminent threats of ALIEN individually, or up to three players in collaborative gameplay.

Launching one minute prior to ALIEN DAY at 11:59 PM ET on April 25th, the ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator is a turned-based survival game that simulates a Weyland-Yutani Space Colony in security lockdown. Weyland-Yutani is inviting civilians to participate in an open Beta test of “The Offworld Colony Simulator” - an advanced system that simulates security breach scenarios in non-terrestrial colonies. Those that participate in the Open Beta will help teach the system’s AI to accurately simulate human behavior in the face of otherworldly dangers.

Utilizing the Amazon Alexa service, players need to collect items, solve puzzles and explore unmarked territories to successfully move throughout the colony, unlock sectors and avoid captuer in a Xenomorph-infested space colony.

Can’t wait until 4/26 to begin the festivities? Fans can get a head start with the Weyland-Yutani Career Placement Test - a multi-question aptitude test to determine if applicants have what it takes for a role at the interplanetary Weyland-Yutani organization. Complemented with a sweepstakes, the test launches for fans on April 23 at AlienUniverse.com.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 01:58:22 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2018, 01:38:50 AM »
Career Placement Test (ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator)

At Weyland-Yutani, there’s a place for everyone. Take the Career Placement Test and find out what multiplayer role best suits you when playing ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator on Amazon Alexa. Taking the test also enters you for a chance to win Alien Day prizes. Offer runs from 4.23.18 through 4.25.18. Sweepstakes available only to US residents, ages 18+. Other restrictions may apply. See Official Rules You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for more detail.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 01:24:12 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2018, 06:45:20 AM »
Career Placement Test (ALIEN: Offworld Colony Simulator)

Engineer :(

Offline vegasndn

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 08:35:43 AM »
I’m an engineer 🤭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro