Author Topic: KeyStone Comic Con Sept. 14-16, 2018  (Read 4508 times)

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
KeyStone Comic Con Sept. 14-16, 2018
« on: October 02, 2017, 11:53:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

New Show Expands ReedPOP Portfolio in U.S. with Debut Slated for September 14-16, 2018

PHILADELPHIA — October 2, 2017 — ReedPOP, the world’s leading producer of pop culture events, today announced the launch of an all-new comic convention coming to Philadelphia in 2018 — Keystone Comic Con. Bringing together an all-star lineup of comic and pop culture guests, engaging panels and best in class exhibitors, Keystone Comic Con will debut at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia, September 14-16, 2018.

Keystone Comic Con will feature all the elements that fans have come to expect from ReedPOP’s family of pop culture conventions, including New York Comic Con, C2E2, and Emerald City Comic Con, but with a local twist that will be unique to the Keystone State. Bringing together legendary comic talent, comic publishers, small press, entertainment guests and anime, ReedPOP is crafting an incredible experience that will represent the best of pop culture in Philadelphia and allow fans to discover new content and celebrate their passions.

Philadelphia has a strong history within the pop culture world, and now fans in Pennsylvania and beyond will have a place where they can come together for three full days of comics and entertainment programming. The show will also feature a robust show floor where fans can find the best comics, toys, collectibles, apparel, and other products.

"Philadelphia continues to be a strong market for pop culture and comic book sales, and we are very excited to bring a ReedPOP experience to this region,” said Lance Fensterman, Global Head of ReedPOP. "We are talking with local fans and retailers to find out what they are most excited about so we can create a show unique to this market that will provide fans with the ultimate destination to come together for a world class celebration of pop culture."

Tickets for Keystone Comic Con will go on sale in early 2018. For more information and updates on the convention, visit KeystoneComicCon.com.

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
Re: KeyStone Comic Con Sept. 14-16, 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »
this is great news. Philly really needs a new convention. My folks live in philly so i've followed the convention scene in that area. the only con i've noticed is the Wizard World.  a Reed pop show will be a welcome addition!
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 03:26:12 PM »

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
Hmmm.... This is doable for me. It's close to NYCC so taking off that many weekends so close together might be a problem, but I could conceivably go to this. Yay!
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 100
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »
I live in Philly and Wizard World is a bit "lackluster" after having attended SDCC the last couple of years. I'll def. attend this. If anyone needs any info. about Philly, please hit me up. I'd be more than happy to help.

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 05:48:45 PM »
Moderators or OP: please add a calendar link.

Good to see Reed Pop branching out even more.
Ang

Online Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:21 PM »
This sounds quite interesting, after the past Wizard shows have kinda been bleh, this'll be a welcome change.
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2018, 10:26:08 PM »
Tickets are on sale now! I'm going!

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2018, 04:01:06 PM »
Poking around Twitter to get more info on this con, here are some unofficially announced panels:

The Office Reunion: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twisted Toonz: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Acursian w/ John Barrowman: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
ComicPOP YouTube channel: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2018, 01:21:16 PM »
So I attended this con for one day yesterday.  I got autographs from all of the office people and Ray Park, and attended the Barrowman panel and The Office Reunion panel.  Overall attendance was pretty light given that it was the first year.  Main Stage has guite a bit of seating, although not much was used for the two panels I attended -- Barrowman had probably a couple hundred people, The Office was considerably more.  Exhibit hall was what you would expect at a fan convention.  Because ReedPop has a relationship with Marvel, some of the shirts from the Marvel booth at SDCC were sold at the con store; I was able to get my 10 year anniversary shirt that was sold out by the time I got to the Marvel booth at SDCC. 
One thing that I thought was interesting was that not only did Epic sell photo ops, they also sold autograph tickets.  And pricing information for everything was on the celeb's page off of the Epic store -- even the price for table selfies.  Some guests, namely Stephen Moyer and Anna Paquin, only took autograph tickets and did not accept cash.
All in all, it seemed like a good con, given ReedPop's abilities to get quality guests (Andy Serkis canceled two weeks before the con).  It might become an issue when attendance gets bigger; I read that ReedPop is shooting for attendance to reach 80,000 by year 5.  But the convention center is huge, and the con did not take up the whole building, so there's space to grow into.
I would definitely return next year depending on timing and the guest list. 

Online alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2018, 03:13:02 PM »
thx for the con report [member=2091]sefton42[/member] !!

I would have loved to attend as my folks live abt 15 blocks from the con /free place to stay/ Plus it's a ReedPop con !

I am hoping to get there in '19 also
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 03:30:37 PM »
They also just posted the dates for next year, and it’s the same weekend as D23. 

Offline waltbionik

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2018, 06:45:16 PM »
I went on Saturday. I did not enjoy this con. It was on par with Wizard World for me. My brother says San Diego has me spoiled. Overall, I saw two pretty good panels and was able to support a friend of mine in Artists Alley. I will not be attending this con next year.