Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Badges  (Read 18096 times)

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
Re: SDCC 2019 Badges
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2019, 11:12:23 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The chips are really small and thin. Here are some examples of what a RFID sticker might look like.

Ah, thank you!  The visual is helpful understanding how it can fit in a "sticker."

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2019, 11:30:07 AM »
I'm having trouble visualizing an "RFID sticker."  I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but for some reason my brain is struggling with this one.  Granted it's 7:43am and I haven't had coffee but like... I always through RFID's were little chips embedded in the plastic.  Are they so thin that they can fit in a sticker?

That said, having a paper badge able to slip out of the thing that's attached to the scannable RFID seems like it'll make scamming way easier.

There are many types of RFID.  The passive system they use at comic-con is the cheapest and the "guts" are the simplest.  The sticker looks just like a sticker.  Some people even make them look exactly like a barcode sticker and use them as UPCs.

I don't think it does anything to effect scamming.  It's all about the RFID chip.  The only people that look at the paper are people that can't scan the RFID, offsites and the sidewalk for example.  If anything the RFID sticker should lead to less scamming than the card since you could always remove the card from the holder.  Can't remove the sticker without messing it up.  Now if they wanted to get serious, then could print the holder to have all your information instead of having it on a paper.  Then the RFID and the human readable would be inseparable.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:04:27 AM »

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2019, 11:33:22 AM »
This is going to be no different than the ones with the plastic cards, except no plastic card. Those still had the paper in them too. RFID has been available in stickers for years. Probably much cheaper than having to  manufacture those plastic cards, which are not at all necessary.

A sticker is cheaper than a card, 5 cents versus $1.  But in the scheme of things, it's noise in the comic-con budget.  Worst case, they could just charge everyone $1 more and no one would notice.  So I don't think that was the reason they chose to do it.

I'll miss the card, it makes a good keepsake.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2019, 11:18:49 AM »
Badges are shipping! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 11:33:48 AM »
Don't know if this is the correct place but I have a question, I'm an international attendee arriving on wednesday, I only have thurs and sunday badges, when can I pick up? do I have to go on 2 different days and get two badges or how does it works?

thanks!

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »
Don't know if this is the correct place but I have a question, I'm an international attendee arriving on wednesday, I only have thurs and sunday badges, when can I pick up? do I have to go on 2 different days and get two badges or how does it works?

thanks!

Didn't know off the top of my head, but based on here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

*Tuesday badge pick-up is for international attendees only. If you did not receive your badge in the mail due to an international address, you may pick up your badge starting Tuesday, July 16, or on any other day listed above.

(...)

If you registered multiple single day badges, you may pick all of them up on the day of your earliest badge. For example, if you purchased a Saturday and Sunday badge, you may pick them both up on Saturday.

Looks like based on the chart you can pick up Tuesday or Thursday and you can get them both at once.

Offline taka

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 172
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 11:41:38 AM »
Didn't know off the top of my head, but based on here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Looks like based on the chart you can pick up Tuesday or Thursday and you can get them both at once.

thanks!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 11:52:44 AM »
From within member ID, updated notices:

Comic-Con 2019 badges have started shipping! Badges are shipped in badges, so please do not be alarmed if a friend or family member receives their badge before or after you. Your badge will be mailed to the verified shipping address on file in your Member ID account as of May 13, 2019. We are no longer accepting badge shipping address changes. To review your shipping address, click the "Contact Info" tab. For more information about badge shipping, please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

If you do not receive your badge within 7 – 10 business days of your badge shipping email, please email [email protected] with your full name and Member ID.

If you registered your badge after May 13, 2019, or if you are an international attendee, you will be able to pick up your badge at the Registration Area in the Sails Pavilion when you arrive. You will need your confirmation and a valid photo ID to pick up your badge onsite.

Onsite pick-up hours and locations can be found at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 11:57:38 AM by AzT »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 11:55:17 AM »
From within member ID, updated notices:

Badges are shipped in badges,

I'm assuming that means "badges are shipped in batches."  Otherwise, like, we got some badge-ception goin on here lol.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2019, 12:27:10 PM »
Just got tracking info for the first of our families badges!

Offline RustyPonds

• Gaming Lounge
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 263
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2019, 12:53:25 PM »
...and don't forget, if you're going to make a "MY BADGE ARRIVED!" post on social media, make sure to block out/obscure your name or run the risk of CCI canceling your badge.

F
Y
I

Offline Blubutterfly505

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 247
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2019, 01:12:21 PM »
Yay!! We received the Your Comic-Con 2019 Badge Order has shipped email. I clicked on the tracking info but they are still awaiting the package  :D

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »
No emails. No tracking numbers.  Nothing in Informed Delivery. Despite this, here's a live shot of me every single day until it arrives.

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »
Mine shipped! I'm so excited, now time to attempt to get back to work despite my urge to just do SDCC prep work.
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Jim Watari

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Twitter @jwatari
  • Liked: 584
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2019, 03:16:34 PM »
I just got my email , two copies from some reason
The more things change, the more they stay the same

Hoban 'Wash' Washburn: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: What does that mean?