Author Topic: SDCC 2018 Pro Registration  (Read 26775 times)

Offline DaveG

• Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 572
SDCC 2018 Pro Registration
« on: July 08, 2017, 06:53:44 AM »
Received my email around 8pm last night.

The Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2018 Professional Application Period is now open. Your Comic-Con Member ID account indicates that your professional verification is NOT DUE for Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2018.

No action is required from you at this time. When online badge registration opens at a later date, you will be eligible to register for a professional badge, until inventory capacity is reached.

This email is NOT a confirmation of Comic-Con 2017 or 2018 professional badge registration.

We will email you at a later date with instructions on how to register for your Comic-Con 2018 professional badge. To receive this email notification, please be sure to sign in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and confirm that you did not “opt-out” of email correspondence from Comic-Con International. This information is found under “Opt-Outs” on the “My Account” tab. We also encourage you to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest registration announcements.

Professional badges are available until capacity is reached. We highly recommend that you check your email, the Comic-Con professional website, and Facebook frequently so you do not miss any important updates. Professional badges reach capacity very quickly, so we strongly encourage you to register for a professional badge as soon as online registration opens. For more information, please visit: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Again, no action is required from you at this time, and this email is not related in any way to Comic-Con 2017 professional badge registration. You will be notified via email, at a later date, when online badge registration opens. If you have any questions, please email [email protected], with the subject “Comic-Con 2018 Professional Application Period”

Sincerely,
Professional Registration
Comic-Con

If you go to the link
The Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2018 professional application period is now OPEN! To apply as a professional for Comic-Con or WonderCon Anaheim 2018, please download the “Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim 2018 Information and Application for Professionals” PDF below. 

All applications and verification materials are due by August 16, 2017 for Comic-Con 2018. Applications submitted after this date will be considered for WonderCon Anaheim 2018 only.

To receive information from our professional registration department, please log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and click the “OPT-OUTS” option on the “My Account” tab. Make sure you have not checked the “Email Opt-Out” box. If you have selected to opt-out of email notifications from Comic-Con, you will not be notified of important registration updates.

Comic-Con's professional registration program has two badge categories:

The Creative Professional Badge
The creative professional badge is a complimentary Comic-Con badge offered to professionals who take an active role in the creation, design, writing, editing, or production of comics, animation, films, books, video games, or toys. Job titles might include writer, artist, penciller, inker, colorist, letterer, animator, designer, sculptor, editor, publisher, producer, actor, etc. This category includes retired career professionals from comics and related popular arts field. The creative professional badge is also extended to those responsible for the content of websites that promote the historic or ongoing contribution of comics to art or society.

The Trade Professional Badge
The trade professional badge is offered to agents, publicists, managers, executives, marketing, sales, business development, advertising, legal representatives, and other industry professionals who need to attend the convention for business reasons. Comic-Con trade professional badges are available for purchase to those who do not qualify as a creative professional. WonderCon trade professional badges are complimentary.
Unfortunately, we cannot extend complimentary professional badges to support staff, including sales, marketing, accounting, managers, testers, analysts, administrative staff, IT, facilities, operations, and others who are not directly involved in the creative process.

To apply as a professional for Comic-Con and/or WonderCon Anaheim 2018, you must first determine your professional verification status.

Professional Verification Status Flags
To determine your professional verification status, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and select the "Professionals" tab. If you are a returning professional, your member class will be "Professional" and your professional verification status will be "DUE" or "NOT DUE" (see examples to the left).

If you are a first-time professional applicant, no professional tab or verification status will be displayed, and you must submit an application and materials to be considered for professional member class.

All first time applicants and returning professionals with a verification status of "DUE" must submit an application and supporting materials by August 16, 2017 to be considered for Comic-Con 2018. All applications submitted after this date will be considered for WonderCon Anaheim 2018 only. Please make sure to read the entire PDF below before you submit your application. An incomplete application or failure to submit the appropriate verification materials may greatly delay your application processing time. Please keep in mind that professional application review will begin after Comic-Con 2017.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:39:39 PM by Angology »

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
Re: SDCC 2018 Pro Registration
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 07:06:53 AM »
Aaaand, we have our first calendar link for SDCC 2018! Thanks for the post [member=737]DaveG[/member]!
Ang

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:44:16 PM »

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 07:07:12 AM »
Wow!!! I thought my eyes were playing tricks.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 88
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 07:58:10 AM »
The Application cut-off date is really early this year! Last year it was later wasn't it? It would be great to have a couple of months to wind-down and not have to worry about application deadlines for 2018!

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 08:23:54 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The Application cut-off date is really early this year! Last year it was later wasn't it? It would be great to have a couple of months to wind-down and not have to worry about application deadlines for 2018!
It was October 16 last year, according to the calendar. So it was 2 months later. It does seem like a shorter span. I hope no one is caught off guard.
Ang

Offline everlastingwhy

• Exhibit Hall
  • TV nerd + GIFmaker
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2017, 08:39:38 PM »
I'm still a little unclear on what materials they need for my application (as a first-timer) - missed the deadline last year. I'm 'uncredited' so I've got my company badge -- I also need a letter from my company saying I work for them?? How do we do that exactly? I guess I could ask my supervisor to write something but we don't exactly have company letterhead or any of that stuff to print it on (that I know of). UHhhhhhh

Offline jawabeenz

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2017, 12:15:20 PM »
Im curious as to how the qualifications changed for "trade professional" if anyone knows . I run a review blog and I am a trade professional (somehow) I applied 3 years ago and thats what I got. (always assumed I would just be press since i write rundowns of all the conventions I go to and write articles about everything i see, or try to get interviews with any stars I bump into) I know others that tried to renew "trade" last year. They do the same thing I do for another blog site, and were rejected this time.  So obviously something has changed but CCI wont tell them what. After they were rejected they asked CCI a few times "why" and what they need to do to get approved again... no answer except. "Please review the guidelines".. vague answer/ vague guidelines.

Now we get this thrown at us and I have no idea if Ill get rejected now that Im "due" for 2018 in 5 weeks!!!

Does anyone know??

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 01:50:01 PM »
Bumping this thread with a friendly reminder that SDCC 2018 Pro Registration applications and verification materials are due August 16, 2017 (if you are listed as DUE, if I remember correctly. I am not a pro). Since it's so close to the end of SDCC 2017, I thought I would throw a reminder out there!
Ang

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
Does the August 16th due date mean that you have to have it post marked by the 16th - or that Comic-con actually has to have it their hands by the 16th?

Offline BenEatsRice

• Gaming Lounge
  • Waiting In Line
  • Liked: 150
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
Does the August 16th due date mean that you have to have it post marked by the 16th - or that Comic-con actually has to have it their hands by the 16th?

Postmarked
Source: Page 2 of their Information & Application Form

You can also email if you are a returning Professional that is "due". Nothing specific about emailing as a first time applicant, but I'm assuming it must be physically mailed in.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 11:52:55 AM by BenEatsRice »
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 10:38:56 AM »
I sent my materials and know they arrived.  Now, it's just waiting to find out if I get approved again.  I submitted essentially the same credentials for Trade Professional, but you never know.

The unfortunate thing, if I don't get approved, is that I don't get to participate in the Returning Attendee sale.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 11:35:51 PM »
I saw someone post they got their Trade Pro approval email today. So it looks like Pro emails are going out!
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline RSilvaConFan

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2017, 11:34:18 AM »
Any other pros receiving their approvals yet?

Offline dkd

• Hall H
  • Liked: 632
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 11:41:02 AM »
Any other pros receiving their approvals yet?

I haven't heard a thing.

Offline kodax

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »
So last week I got my email saying that I was approved as a creative professional! This was my first year applying and I can't believe it worked out so well.

The email says to look for more info on badge registration later in the year and that badges are not guaranteed as space is limited.

I am hoping that somebody can clarify the rest of the process for me, as in how was it handled last year?

After 10 years of fighting for badges I am excited to be able to get one more easily this year but I don't want to miss out.

Thanks in advance.