Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Open Registration  (Read 24497 times)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
SDCC 2019 Open Registration
« on: October 15, 2018, 05:56:06 PM »
Please use this thread to discuss Comic-Con 2019's open (also known as "general") registration.

If you would like to participate in the poll and guess when open registration will be held, check it out over here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Mini-FAQs for Open Registration

1] If I participated in returning registration, could I help my family or friends during open registration?

Yes, but only if you don't already have a 4-day badge with Preview Night.

This means:
If you have a 4-day badge without Preview Night, you should still be eligible to participate in open registration. 

If you have only one day or any combination of Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday badges, then you can still participate in open registration.

Note:
In some years, CCI may say that if you got a Saturday badge or a 4-day badge with Preview Night, then your Member ID is not eligible to participate in open registration.  For Comic-Con 2019, if you already have a 4-day badge with Preview Night, then you cannot participate in open registration.

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Q: How do I know if I am eligible for Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration?

A: To see if you are eligible, log in to your Comic-Con Member ID account and look in the top, right corner. If you see the green “OK CC’19 Attendee Open Reg” flag (and it suddenly smells like Patrick Stewart) you are able to participate!

Open Registration is open to new attendees, anyone who has not yet purchased or registered for the Comic-Con 2019 Preview Night option, and any caped superheroes who’s mom is named Martha. You must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID account, created prior to 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) on October 31, 2018, to participate.

2] Could I help other people get badges if I already got the badges I wanted from returning registration?

Yes, absolutely!

If you are eligible to participate in open registration and if you already got the badges you wanted from returning registration, you can still purchase badges for others. (Just remember to clear your name and Member ID when you get to the purchase page.  Once you do that, you'll be able to purchase for three other people!)

If you're in one of the forum buying groups, be there for your fellow group members and coordinate with your group leaders on how this will work.

[Credit to [member=317]Zero[/member] - this is copied from last year's thread.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login]

edit 11/02/18: updated to 2019 Open Reg FAQ info.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 12:52:39 PM by Angology »
Ang

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Re: SDCC 2019 Open Registration
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2018, 04:18:39 PM »
From Today's Toucan,

Similar to the Nov 29, 2017 Toucan post's language, which also happened on a Thursday, 9 days before the 2017 sale.

edit:  Sorry, got the dates off.  That was Wed, November 22, 2017 post, 17 days before the sale.

However, Member ID cut off for that sale happened on the following Monday!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 01:02:32 AM by SamTurtledove »

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:30:02 AM »

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 05:04:12 PM »
minor Member ID updates:

• Returning Registration info and check marks have been removed.
  • Registration info tab has changed to "Comic-Con 2019 Attendee Registration"

Offline Lavendar

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 71
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 10:21:08 AM »
Open Reg 11/10

Offline RighteousRita

• Hall H
  • Liked: 455
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 10:23:50 AM »
And the mad dash begin

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 10:27:45 AM »
From CCI's  Twitter:

"All treats, no tricks! Comic-Con 2019 badges will go on sale shortly after 9:00 AM PST on November 10, 2018! The waiting room will open for entry at 8:00 AM PST."
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline Applescruff

• Supporter
  • Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 10:28:27 AM »
Shocked it's so early, but glad the guessing game is over.  I"m free that Saturday so let the games begin! 

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 10:29:07 AM »
Member ID (archive)

Here we go:

(text in post, image for emphasis

If you are eligible to participate in Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration, your Member ID account is temporarily locked for changes.

If your contact information or shipping address is incorrect, you will have the opportunity to change it after Open Registration is complete. The last day to change the shipping address on your account is May 13, 2019.

Only Comic-Con Member ID accounts that were created and confirmed prior to October 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) are eligible to participate in Open Registration."

Comic-Con 2019
Attendee Open Registration

Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration will begin shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Saturday, November 10, 2018. The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PST for registration code authorization.
To participate in Open Registration, you must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. Only Comic-Con Member ID accounts that were created and confirmed prior to October 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) are eligible to participate.

If you are eligible to participate, you will need your personal registration code and link to the Expo Logic waiting room. Your registration code and waiting room link will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours prior to the sale. Your registration code and waiting room link will also be available under the "Registration Info" tab at the time.

We encourage you to visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for important information on registration codes, the Expo Logic waiting room, purchasing badges for others, and technical/browser requirements.

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

All purchases are subject to a one-time handling fee of $7.50 per member. This is a one-time fee. For example, if you purchased a badge during Returning Registration, you will not be charged a handling fee if you purchase a badge during Open Registration.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:48:44 AM by SamTurtledove »

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 10:36:00 AM »
I was in my member ID this morning poking around, just before they closed it down.  Just checking everything...then pow!  Time to rev things up again!  Don't we love this stuff?!!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline ozzz

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 289
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 12:14:37 PM »
Nice to have it Nov 10th that means if you don't win the grand prize or second prize from omaze tomorrow, then they'll give you time to buy your own :)

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 01:54:34 PM »
Got My email!!!    :) :) :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 01:55:28 PM »
Comic-Con fans are the best in the industry and the heart of our show. We wouldn’t have made it to our golden year without your faithful support, and for that, we are eternally thankful. We genuinely hope you’ll be able to join us to help celebrate our 50th event!

Open Registration for Comic-Con 50 will begin shortly after 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Saturday, November 10, 2018. The Expo Logic waiting room will open at 8:00 AM PST for registration code authorization.

To participate in Open Registration, you must have a valid and confirmed Comic-Con Member ID. Only Comic-Con Member ID accounts created and confirmed prior to October 31, 2018 at 9:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time (PDT) are eligible to participate.

If you are eligible to participate, you will need the Expo Logic waiting room link and your personal registration code. These will be sent to you via email at least 48 hours in advance of Open Registration. Your registration code and waiting room link will also be available in your Comic-Con Member ID account at least 48 hours in advance of Open Registration. This information is located under the “Registration Info” tab.

For important information on registration codes, the Expo Logic waiting room, purchasing badges for others, and browser requirements, we encourage you to read all of the Comic-Con 2019 Open Registration instructions at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We also strongly suggest you add [email protected]
and [email protected] as an approved/authorized sender to your email account.

There are more eligible attendees than available badges and not everyone will be able to purchase a badge during Open Registration. Entry into the waiting room does not guarantee you a badge or registration session.

Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Toucan – the official blog of Comic-Con and WonderCon Anaheim - for important announcements as we get closer to Comic-Con 50! We will be running helpful treats on Toucan in the days leading up to Open Registration.

Thank you for your continued support and good luck!

Sincerely,
Comic-Con 50 

Offline Iris

• Supporter
  • Hall H
    • Website links to my discord for alternate contacting
  • Liked: 708
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 04:46:44 PM »
Honestly, I wasn't expecting it to be in November at all, so I wasn't considering that I'm out of town 2 Saturday's this month. Luckily, the 10th is one of the ones I'm not out of town. While my main group got all of their badges in returning reg, we have friends and family now being added for a smaller buying group, within my normal one, to get badges in open registration.

I won't lie, I would have been very annoyed to be doing open reg on a laptop in the middle of Dreamhack Atlanta during semi-finals.

So I'm glad it's Nov 10th. The earlier the better. I feel like they're really moving up the timelines, or is it just me feeling that?
Author of the Hotel Exchange Deposit and Transfer Walkthrough. If you need help with figuring out the logistics of an OP deposit, transfer, etc., please feel free to DM me here or Discord and I'll do my best to help. If you DM me on Discord, please identify yourself and that you're from the forum.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2018, 06:13:51 PM »
I feel like they're really moving up the timelines, or is it just me feeling that?

They've really been moving up the timelines since the year where returning registration was in the spring.

Offline popcornyeti

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2018, 07:29:53 PM »
It does feel this way. But this was the older timelines before the new system issues set things back

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk