Author Topic: Panel Speculation for 2019  (Read 32826 times)

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
Re: Panel Speculation for 2019
« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:46 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I saw a couple people on Twitter thinking they are secretly filming a Black Widow movie  and that they'll drop a full on sizzle reel at SDCC. But this is just one person's speculation and it feels a bit far fetched.  Would be an excellent surprise, though.  Just not sure how feasible filming a huge film with A list actors in secret actually is.
That'd be interesting.  She has three films scheduled for release in 2019 already in various stages of production (one the Taika Waititi directed Hitler comedy) so it doesn't seem super plausible to me that she's been secretly filming a Marvel movie.

I'm just going to put this out there - and I know I'm going to get booed - but I don't know how much I really care about this rumored Black Widow movie... She's just never been a very interesting MCU character. *shrugs*
She has, so far in the MCU, struck me as the type of character that is the perfect co-star/side-character.  Like, she's a great ying to Cap/Bruce/Hawkeye's yang but I dunno if she would be great by herself in a solo movie.  I guess we had the Jennifer Lawrence movie that might've been similar (I still haven't seen it), and that ATOMIC BLONDE movie that had similar ideas (bad ass female spy-type) that were interesting.  I'm not writing it off, but I'm not super excited.  I've really dug her as a character in the films, and her "intro" scene in AVENGERS is one of my all-time favorite MCU moments.  But I wonder if that character can carry a movie?  We'll fine out

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2019, 08:43:09 AM »
Also thinking that Star Wars could pay a visit. Even with Celebration Chicago and D23, I can still see the Episode 9 crew showing up. Remember in 2015, you had Celebration Anaheim and D23 that year, yet SDCC had a Ep. 7 panel. Disney was doing everything possible in promoting the next film after the long break since Ep. 3, as well as knowing that the prequels weren’t that popular at that time. I think Disney wants good press after what TLJ did to the fan base and Solo being a box office disappointment, even though I did enjoy both films.
Especially with all of the 'tv' series that SW/Lucasfilm are launching.  I'd LOVE to see a "Mandalorian" panel and "Clone Wars season 7."  Maybe Lucasfilm can do a largeish all-inclusive panel that wouldn't need to fill 60 minutes of JJ's "I don't want to open the mystery box yet" habbits.  Do maybe 45 min. of IX, then 45 of the shows for Disney+.
Friday used to be known as "Star Wars Day" at Comic-Con: would be awesome to see a return to form!

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #62 on: Today at 03:44:05 PM »

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2019, 08:53:56 AM »
She has, so far in the MCU, struck me as the type of character that is the perfect co-star/side-character.  Like, she's a great ying to Cap/Bruce/Hawkeye's yang but I dunno if she would be great by herself in a solo movie.  I guess we had the Jennifer Lawrence movie that might've been similar (I still haven't seen it), and that ATOMIC BLONDE movie that had similar ideas (bad a$$ female spy-type) that were interesting.  I'm not writing it off, but I'm not super excited.  I've really dug her as a character in the films, and her "intro" scene in AVENGERS is one of my all-time favorite MCU moments.  But I wonder if that character can carry a movie?  We'll fine out

My feelings exactly. I don't know if I want to see her without her co-stars. I think it would be like seeing a cast member of Friends without their friends. I'm not sure Black Widow can pull it off, but I definitely wouldn't mind being proven wrong.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:06:03 AM by Virgo911 »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #63 on: February 07, 2019, 09:22:39 AM »
*cries alone in Black Widow fan corner*

Offline Virgo911

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 102
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2019, 09:47:30 AM »

LMAO I'm sorry, but this is the MCU's fault for not making her a bit more fleshed out. I mean, even Hawkeye, with as little screen time as he gets, has a wife and kids. Something that makes you care. I feel like Black Widow doesn't even really exist unless Captain America or Ironman are thinking about her.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 09:50:31 AM by Virgo911 »

Offline CarrieD

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #65 on: February 07, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
I really hope Disney+ brings The Mandalorian and the new Loki series.
SDCC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
SWCO 2017
FanExpo Canada 2018
Montreal CC  2016, 2019, 2022
Ottawa CC 2016, 2017

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #66 on: February 07, 2019, 10:18:20 AM »
I really hope Disney+ brings The Mandalorian and the new Loki series.

I wonder what rooms would host those.  Hall H? B20?  For Mandalorians at the very least I wouldn't think they'd want to go smaller than B20.  I love Loki but I'm not sure how big of a fanbase that property would have.  Hmmm.

Offline CarrieD

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 72
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2019, 10:29:02 AM »
Agents of Shield skipped last year. Season 6 begins in July and they have been renewed for season 7. Do you think they will be there?
SDCC 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022
SWCO 2017
FanExpo Canada 2018
Montreal CC  2016, 2019, 2022
Ottawa CC 2016, 2017

Offline JKingoftheNerds

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #68 on: February 07, 2019, 06:38:57 PM »
I do, fwiw. With the exception of last year, and only then because they didn't have any footage (or even scripts, ostensibly) in the can by the time the con rolled around, AoS has always had such a presence at SDCC. Granted, my willingness to believe they'll make an appearance probably stems from my desperate hope that it will come true, but I truly do believe that the odds are good.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2019, 08:49:04 AM »
It's weird, because I do like her character.  Her 'interrogation' scene is a true highlight of AVENGERS, and she really was a great part of WINTER SOLDIER (that movie, IMO, is her highlight of the MCU so far).  She's a great character, but one that feels undercooked: works great bouncing off other characters.  In my mind she's like The Hulk: his solo movies haven't worked that great, but he's the BOMB as a co-star character.  It's a bummer the Russon Bros seemingly dropped the Bruce/Natasha relationship in INFINITY WAR; I wonder if that'll pick up in ENDGAME of if they just dropped that altogether.

I'm not down on the movie, and I hope it kills: it has every opportunity to be great - awesome actress, interesting character & story opportunities.  It's just something I'm not that excited for.  Yet.  Until, like, there's a panel with footage and I fall in love.  Technically they can make a "Bourne" type film series and I'd be stoked!

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
« Reply #70 on: February 08, 2019, 06:40:22 PM »
If they have a Picard panel, that would be my one absolute must-attend panel.

Slightly off topic, have any of the Next Generation cast ever showed up to SDCC? I’m thinking they must’ve (even to promote other movies/shows), but I can’t remember ever seeing any of them in SD.

For the Star Trek 50th panel in 2016, Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn were on it.  At my first SDCC in 2012, Lightspeed Fine Art had Levar Burton doing autographs, and the next year they had Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, and Marina Sirtis doing autographs.  And Patrick Stewart was part of the massive X-Men: Days of Future Past panel in 2013.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2019, 06:28:22 AM »
For the Star Trek 50th panel in 2016, Brent Spiner and Michael Dorn were on it.  At my first SDCC in 2012, Lightspeed Fine Art had Levar Burton doing autographs, and the next year they had Brent Spiner, Michael Dorn, and Marina Sirtis doing autographs.  And Patrick Stewart was part of the massive X-Men: Days of Future Past panel in 2013.

And don’t forget that Wil Wheaton has been to SDCC many times. I was there for his first (and only) Hall ah appearance... ;)

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2019, 11:21:43 AM »
And don’t forget that Wil Wheaton has been to SDCC many times. I was there for his first (and only) Hall ah appearance... ;)

I once stood next to Wil Wheaton at a stoplight waiting for it to change. I didn't realize it was him until we were halfway across the street. What makes it worse was right before this, I spent an hour about 10 feet away from him at his panel. We were both leaving the venue.

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2019, 08:28:43 PM »
I once stood next to Wil Wheaton at a stoplight waiting for it to change. I didn't realize it was him until we were halfway across the street. What makes it worse was right before this, I spent an hour about 10 feet away from him at his panel. We were both leaving the venue.

I just realized I have come across Wil Wheaton at SDCC. This was maybe five years ago, and he was hanging out in the lobby of Hilton Gaslamp waiting for his wife to come downstairs. It was late at night, and I didn't feel comfortable bothering him for a pic.

And knowing me, if I had approached him, I would've accidentally pronounced his name like Stewie Griffin does.

Offline jasperthecactus

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 25
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2019, 12:31:41 PM »
If they have a Picard panel, that would be my one absolute must-attend panel.

Slightly off topic, have any of the Next Generation cast ever showed up to SDCC? I’m thinking they must’ve (even to promote other movies/shows), but I can’t remember ever seeing any of them in SD.

Brent Spiner was on the Outcast panel in 2016 I believe.
SDCC: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019
ECCC: 2018, 2019
RCCC: 2018

“I am, and always will be, the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes, and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”