Author Topic: Panel Predictions  (Read 9907 times)

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 457
Re: Panel Predictions
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 12:37:56 PM »
It depends on timing.  The Netflix Marvel stuff usually has a panel at NYCC too, so it all depends on when the shows are going to be released.

Now here's a thought -- given the underwhelming box office performances of Justice League and Blade Runner, does WB continue with its Hall H presence?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 12:49:06 PM »
I guess any studio can leave tv and movie fans high and dry and have no panels at any con, but can also have panels from show with cast and any posters or whatever give aways promoting the show in any way possible. anything is possible for the most part, but just gotta wait and see how it goes when they give some idea what shows will be having panels or offsite setups for anyone to check out during the con. i know this past SDCC event i was like inside fort he most part cause it was like my first time back in years and had some idea how things have or had change by reading alot and seeing happen while at the con lol. so for next year i will have better plan and adjust as days fly by lol.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:15:15 AM »

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 1537
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 04:20:45 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Now here's a thought -- given the underwhelming box office performances of Justice League and Blade Runner, does WB continue with its Hall H presence?

They'd presumably want to hype up Wonder Woman 2.  Maybe they'll do JUST a Wonder Woman panel?  Though it'll be two cons before the film release (Nov 2019) so it could be too early.  Ditching Hall H could be a possibility, but I'd miss those wrap around screens :(

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 04:24:55 PM »
If they do just one, it will be Aquaman anyway.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »
If they do just one, it will be Aquaman anyway.

I can see Jason Mamoa being a draw even if JL underperformed.  Lots of hype around him in this part.

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 06:50:56 PM »
For the love of god, I need Detective Pikachu to have a Panel.

This is the stuff dreams are made of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2017, 10:39:24 AM »
Oh boy YES.  This would be exciting.  Stranger Things season 3 and whatever Defenders installment they're on at that point.  I'm looking at a list of upcoming MCU stuff though and they don't have anything listed officially.  I swear Daredevil season 3 was a certainty though.
With Disney shifting their Marvel & SW stuff off of Netflix for their own streaming service, I don't know if any new seasons of Marvel shows that aren't currently already in production will be on Netflix

Offline Angel_

• Volunteer HQ
  • Aizawa Enthusiast
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »
With Disney shifting their Marvel & SW stuff off of Netflix for their own streaming service, I don't know if any new seasons of Marvel shows that aren't currently already in production will be on Netflix

Very good point. I would think they'd at least list what they plan on producing, though.  But maybe they just put a hold on all of it for the time being.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »

So im guessing as u say that Disney doing their own stream service and Disney has rights to Marvel in ways, then guessing they wont have any Marvel shows on Netflix no more when they start premiere new seasons of ea show or am i wrong.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2017, 08:30:30 AM »
So im guessing as u say that Disney doing their own stream service and Disney has rights to Marvel in ways, then guessing they wont have any Marvel shows on Netflix no more when they start premiere new seasons of ea show or am i wrong.
I honestly don't know, it depends on the deal Netflix initially cut w/Disney/Marvel.  I don't know if Netflix would own the rights to produce shows w/the characters they've already produced and Disney/Marvel will create new series or what (for example, obviously Fox can produce X-Men as long as they want...until Disney buys them, of course); or maybe Netflix only got the rights for explicitly numbers of series' and maybe now they're contract is fulfilled post-Defenders & Punisher and Disney can pick up the pieces/do what they want.  I don't know if Netflix owns the rights to the content they've already produced or if Disney can do whatever they want with them (like when Disney bought Lucasfilm and canceled 'Clone Wars' and all other SW projects in development so Disney 100% owned all SW product being produced).

We'll see

Offline willtowne16

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 06:30:31 PM »
Do you guys think Sony could have a panel this year? They have Venom coming in October and Spiderman: Into the Spider-verse they could show off. Or just a Venom panel

Offline sefton42

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:45 PM »
No, Sony has skipped for several years now, I think they don’t consider it worth the expense.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 07:44:35 PM »
I have read stuff in past where studios skip cons by chance if wanna save and just push out trailers or really wanna share alot at a con which we know will get posted online somewhere so they dont go to every con since so many cons happen now days it hard to go to all and just wait for the media to plug it online and watch it online.

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 01:43:42 PM »
I have read stuff in past where studios skip cons by chance if wanna save and just push out trailers or really wanna share alot at a con which we know will get posted online somewhere so they dont go to every con since so many cons happen now days it hard to go to all and just wait for the media to plug it online and watch it online.
This is true, especially if a studio doesn't necessarily have the "right" property to sell (a comic-con appropriate genre film that could really use some extra hype to boost its profile).  It's odd because some studios feel they've invested in Comic-Con and haven't seen a good return, but more often than not that's because either a) the panel had the misfortune of being right before/after a panel that stole all the hype (like SCOTT PILGRIM happening before EXPENDABLES, where all the hype was about the goofy 80's action stars reunion) or b) the movie was just not good (like the AMAZING SPIDER-MAN films).

IMO besides WB, and likely Marvel, it's sort of a guessing game as to what studio will bring what.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 04:19:26 PM »
Times have changed so much now, that u gotta wait in line to get into the major panels now lol. i know they give out freebies after the panel at times of stuff u may or may not want seeing how some just trade or sell it off later lol. so i wait to find stuff sitting around by chance that happend by chance last year so scored some freebies since i try be aware of stuff at anytime. and know panels are recorded and posted on youtube sometime after they are done and edited if need any. but have learned from what i have read or seen videos that not grab everything since it can weigh u down over time and only grab or keep what u want so u can save space and less weight later.