Author Topic: Oct 19-21, 2018 - Visit Star Trek fan films Studios in Georgia - FREE  (Read 959 times)

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Not a convention, but it is a 3-day event:

Visit Star Trek studio created by fans in Kingsland, GA. October 19-21, 2018. It is FREE and the sets are incredible! Check it out at stage 9 studios, and click on "visit", for more information.  Last time fans came from around the world to visit these sets and they had added more.  I visited a few years ago and was absolutely in tears at how wonderfully the full sized sets have been re-created and lovingly shown by fans, for fans.  I got to stand on the transporter, visit Kirk's quarters, sit on the bed in sick bay, stand on the bridge... and so much more. If you are a trek fan anywhere in the area, and do not go and see this, all I have to say is--  "Oh my!".  Costumes are encouraged.  This visit will change your view of TOS forever....in a good way.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 06:16:16 AM by marcia29 »
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
Re: Oct 19-21, 2018 - Visit Star Trek fan films Studios in Georgia - FREE
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 11:20:46 AM »
These are the studios they filmed Star Trek Continues at.  The best Star Trek in 20 years.  I'm glad they didn't have to destroy them as part of the CBS take down.  I don't know how they can afford to keep them. It can't be cheap to keep renting that space.  Maybe it's the leftover money from Star Trek Continues crowd funding.  They budgeted for more episodes that they weren't allowed to make.

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline marcia29

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1292
Re: Oct 19-21, 2018 - Visit Star Trek fan films Studios in Georgia - FREE
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:17:07 AM »
Ah, yes!  That is a good series. 

Also...Writer Joe Haldeman is going to be there.  That is a nice surprise!
It is 2024, and I am still asking...where's my flyin' car??!! @fannishmarcia