Author Topic: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion  (Read 211238 times)

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
Re: SDCC 2019 Hotel Discussion
« Reply #2355 on: April 25, 2019, 05:23:39 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Has anyone made the deposit on a card that isn’t attached to the main name on the reservation ? Or will they cancel it ?

I've put in my credit card on reservations NOT in my name, and distributed the rooms to people who then switched out my card for their own.  No one involved was the "main name" on the reservation.

Offline Sakura17

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 96
« Reply #2356 on: April 25, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »
Can onpeak remove group manager information from a reservation if we received a room from the exchange?

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2357 on: Today at 01:54:18 PM »

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #2357 on: April 25, 2019, 05:43:46 PM »
Can onpeak remove group manager information from a reservation if we received a room from the exchange?

I haven't tried personally, but I don't believe so. At least I don't believe they WILL, even if they CAN.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #2358 on: April 25, 2019, 06:26:48 PM »
Has anyone made the deposit on a card that isn’t attached to the main name on the reservation ? Or will they cancel it ?

My friend made a deposit on one and couldn't get her name on it any which way.  She called OnPeak and they resolved it.

Offline janray

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 114
« Reply #2359 on: April 26, 2019, 05:48:20 AM »
I called OnPeak to add my hotel rewards number to a reservation that I received from a forum member and asked about removing the original reservation holders name because it was still showing in the hotel folio info along with my name. OnPeak said the reservation only had my name and my two other occupant names that I put in when I took over the reservation. Not sure why I would still see in on my screen and he doesn't. Maybe the original OnPeak folio and what they will send to the hotel are different.

Offline SteveD

• Administrator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1680
« Reply #2360 on: April 26, 2019, 05:52:34 AM »
I called OnPeak to add my hotel rewards number to a reservation that I received from a forum member and asked about removing the original reservation holders name because it was still showing in the hotel folio info along with my name. OnPeak said the reservation only had my name and my two other occupant names that I put in when I took over the reservation. Not sure why I would still see in on my screen and he doesn't. Maybe the original OnPeak folio and what they will send to the hotel are different.
If the room offered to you was from a block of rooms, then the name of the block owner will always be included.  They will not be considered an occupant, though.
As far as I know, there is no way of removing that name.

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2361 on: April 26, 2019, 05:55:06 AM »
Years ago, I forgot to reserve a room.  I ended up calling every hotel directly and found one room at the Omni.  I swear, I did not know how lucky I was.  The price was only a little higher than con rate and we had a view of the entire convention center.  Never was that lucky again.

Offline dville

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 66
« Reply #2362 on: April 26, 2019, 06:28:41 AM »
Years ago, I forgot to reserve a room.  I ended up calling every hotel directly and found one room at the Omni.  I swear, I did not know how lucky I was.  The price was only a little higher than con rate and we had a view of the entire convention center.  Never was that lucky again.

Wow!   To get a downtown hotel with a good view, with a decent rate is extremely lucky and an anomaly in this day and age. 
If stupidity got us in this mess, then why can't it get us out?

Offline puppy

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #2363 on: April 26, 2019, 08:09:17 AM »
Wow!   To get a downtown hotel with a good view, with a decent rate is extremely lucky and an anomaly in this day and age.

It was back then, too.  I got the last room.  They were booked solid everywhere I called.  Someone must have cancelled last minute.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #2364 on: April 26, 2019, 08:17:24 AM »
Hotel luck stories:

Waaaaay back in 2009, I had a room booked at MMM direct for the outrageous price of $300 per night. But about a month before the con, I was on Travelocity and saw the HBF listed for under $200 per night. I was so excited and snapped it up! I went solo that year, so I was covering the entire hotel bill, so saving more than $100 per night felt great! I knew I was lucky, but I can't even imagine now a close hotel having availability and being listed on Travelocity a month before the con!

Then a few years ago, there was the Hotwire mess, where a bunch of us booked prepaid rooms at the Omni, and then Omni cancelled them 2 months later. Hotwire was amazing, and helped us all get rooms at other hotels that satisfied us. In my case, Hotwire paid over $1,000 per night for me to stay at HBF and didn't charge me any more than I had already paid through their site for Omni. THAT was serious luck (although also serious stress that year) and I know that will never happen again.

Offline dolphina

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Live Long and Prosper
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #2365 on: April 26, 2019, 09:00:20 AM »
Hotel luck stories:
Then a few years ago, there was the Hotwire mess, where a bunch of us booked prepaid rooms at the Omni, and then Omni cancelled them 2 months later. Hotwire was amazing, and helped us all get rooms at other hotels that satisfied us. In my case, Hotwire paid over $1,000 per night for me to stay at HBF and didn't charge me any more than I had already paid through their site for Omni. THAT was serious luck (although also serious stress that year) and I know that will never happen again.

I remember that nightmare that a  few members of this forum went through. I’m  so glad it worked out, though it was a stressful couple of weeks, if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points, but it is by no means the most interesting”

Wondercon, SDCC, Comikazi, Blizzcon, SWCA, D23

Offline kihou

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 73
« Reply #2366 on: April 26, 2019, 10:09:00 AM »
I am waitlisted and did not get a hotel. My brother has one bed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown that we would like to exchange for a Springhill Suites or Embassy Suites. There are 5 in our party and this room will not be enough. Any help is appreciated. We'll even take Springhill Suites in Mission Valley.
What dates are you staying?  You could try the Marriott Club Pulse if it shows up for your dates - I had a suite there as backup but I was staying Tuesday to Tuesday - if you do only the main con days they don't seem to show up.

Offline Emerald_Mom

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 234
« Reply #2367 on: April 26, 2019, 10:11:46 AM »
I am waitlisted and did not get a hotel. My brother has one bed at the Courtyard Marriott Downtown that we would like to exchange for a Springhill Suites or Embassy Suites. There are 5 in our party and this room will not be enough. Any help is appreciated. We'll even take Springhill Suites in Mission Valley.

there is an offer of the MGH on the hotel offer page
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
― Dr. Seuss

Offline Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #2368 on: April 26, 2019, 10:39:01 AM »
Is there a link to the hotel page?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline accelerate

• Ballroom 20
  • God of Donuts
  • Liked: 757
« Reply #2369 on: April 26, 2019, 10:53:29 AM »

Just curious, do you know if Courtyard Marriott Downtown has enough room for a rollaway bed?