Author Topic: "Choral Nerds Unite! A Final Fantasy All Sing." NYCC 2014 Panel Idea  (Read 1683 times)

Offline blasianFMA

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
Hey everyone!

My name is Johnathan, and I have been involved with choirs for over 10 years now. I have been involved with video games for nearly 25 years, however, and video game music happens to be one of my favorite genres.

I'm currently in the planning phase of pitching a panel idea at New York Comic Con 2014. I call it "Choral Nerds Unite! A Final Fantasy All Sing." As you can probably deduce from the title, this panel would operate much like a choral workshop in which participants would come together and sing music from Final Fantasy.

I have already secured an accompanist, and will be taking care of music and all of that, but I would like to have a discussion with complete random strangers about this. I'm looking all around the internet for forums and subreddits to talk about this in. I want to drum up interest and see who would be willing to attend such a panel. I also want to discuss what problems you think I might expect while organizing this event.

Ultimately, I would like this panel/workshop to be something that NYCC goers would anticipate annually. And who knows? If it catches on, then perhaps more musical panels like this one could happen at other Cons around the world!