Author Topic: 2017 SDCC Exclusives: General Chat  (Read 12213 times)

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
2017 SDCC Exclusives: General Chat
« on: January 01, 2017, 10:40:49 AM »
Forum Housekeeping:

Happy New Year! With credit to Yzrfan for starting the conversation last year:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Please use this thread to begin discussion of 2017 SDCC Exclusives. "2017 SDCC Exclusives [specific company name]" threads will branch off from this one for easy reference as warranted by increased chatter, press releases / reveals, etc.  :)  Have at it!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:48:50 AM by AzT »

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
Re: 2017 SDCC Exclusives: General Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 10:56:02 PM »
BLUEfin - Tamashii Nations volunteer link (several shows listed, including SDCC):

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 09:06:57 AM »

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:09:57 PM »
My only exclusive for this year is the Mattel Thomas Super Friends Minis set. I have the first two so I'd like to keep getting them. But they are easy. They never sell out.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2017, 08:10:51 PM »
My only exclusive for this year is the Mattel Thomas Super Friends Minis set. I have the first two so I'd like to keep getting them. But they are easy. They never sell out.

You say that now! Then let's see what gets announced ;)
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 09:53:40 AM »
You say that now! Then let's see what gets announced ;)
I am sticking to a strict budget this. I am actually going to leave my credit and bank cards at home. Whatever cash I have is all I am using. Thomas Super Friends is the only exclusive. Other than that, I am just looking at tshirts from Super 7, Jungle Boy, and Marvel. Even if money was no object, I don't have room to display anything over the next three years while I am in grad school. I am packing all my figures into boxes and leaving them in my aunt's condo storage.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Offline sinester_1

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 09:03:47 PM »
Does anyone know if Hasbro will be doing presales for SDCC? never seen that before but it is entirely possible I have been doing it the hard way all these years :)  ;D

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 10:24:29 PM »
Does anyone know if Hasbro will be doing presales for SDCC? never seen that before but it is entirely possible I have been doing it the hard way all these years :)  ;D

I don't think Hasbro has ever done a presale. Mattel has of course, though only for some items. I'd be happy if Hasbro did though ...

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
I wonder if Mattel will do presale this year since they shut down their online store?

ETA: Guess they just replaced Matty Collector shop with a new generic shop? I just went and looked and there is an online store.....so I don't understand why they shut down Matty Collector.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline mark

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2023
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:17:10 PM »
I wonder if Mattel will do presale this year since they shut down their online store?

ETA: Guess they just replaced Matty Collector shop with a new generic shop? I just went and looked and there is an online store.....so I don't understand why they shut down Matty Collector.

Wondering the same, also if club subscribers would still get early access. Guessing no on that since they canceled the club.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 02:05:44 PM »

Wondering the same, also if club subscribers would still get early access. Guessing no on that since they canceled the club.

Happy New Year, fans and collectors. We’re glad you stopped by! As you look around the site, you’ll notice that some things look the same … and some things have changed. The biggest change, of course, is that you won’t be able to buy anything from the Matty Shop. We’re now partnering with our friends over at Super7 for the manufacture and distribution of our Masters of the Universe and other adult collector lines. But don’t worry, we’re not going away completely! We’re still committed to providing a place for you, the fans, to share your love for all things MOTU, ThunderCatsâ„¢, DCU, and all the other collector lines you enjoy. The Fan Forums and Fan Zone sections are alive and kicking, and your friends look forward to seeing (and hearing from you) there. In the meantime, head on over to the Super7 MOTU store to check out the great selection of figures, accessories and apparel that’s available now, with more to come!

From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

As we mentioned in our last update, the Shop here at MattyCollector.com is now closed. But we’re still here for you, toy fans! We have plenty of products to tell you about from Masters of the Universe® and other entertainment lines, and you’re going to want them all. Click on over to the Mattel Shop and you’ll find it packed with releases from MOTU, Suicide Squadâ„¢, Star Trekâ„¢, DC Comicsâ„¢, and much more.

( MattyCollector held two great close out sales late last year, which SamTurtledove, koop1974 and I covered at the end of this thread here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login )

Offline Artimis08

• Sails Pavilion
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
I know its not a very sought after booth, but anyone hear anything about the Blizzard merch for sale?

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2017, 01:55:09 PM »
I know its not a very sought after booth, but anyone hear anything about the Blizzard merch for sale?
Not very sought after?  Every time we tried last year there was a massive line and everything was sold out...any booth with Pops is going to have chaos.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2017, 08:43:57 PM »

The Blizzard booth, much like Funko and Hasbro is chaos to get to.

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2017, 04:04:04 PM »
Just a general chat thread for exclusives.

In case a thread isn't needed for a company
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline mllNY

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2017, 04:04:59 PM »
I personally am waiting for what 3A has. I actually even joined their membership this year because they will be having a gallery show in SD during comic con
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged