Author Topic: 2017 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives  (Read 30525 times)

Offline EightiesKid

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
Re: 2017 SDCC Hasbro Exclusives
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »
I heard from a few friends who were at Star Wars Celebration that Hasbro confirmed during the show that they would be at SDCC.  Then Hasbro started announcing their SDCC exclusives afterwards.  So at least for this year, Hasbro will be back at SDCC.  Not sure how it will play out in the future, or what this means for HASCON?  Hasbro has said that they will have some exclusives at HASCON, so I'm expecting some reveals there. 

One other thought, if every year Hasbrotoyshop appears at SW Celebration, SDCC, NY Comicon and HASCON, and also plans to have exclusives available for each show, then Hasbro will need to produce a LOT of exclusives each year.  As an overall thought, I think that would largely have a negative effect, as part of the appeal of obtaining show exclusives is that they are lower production runs and harder to find. 

Offline dcuodust

• Hall H
  • To me, my board!
  • Liked: 405
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I heard from a few friends who were at Star Wars Celebration that Hasbro confirmed during the show that they would be at SDCC.  Then Hasbro started announcing their SDCC exclusives afterwards.  So at least for this year, Hasbro will be back at SDCC.  Not sure how it will play out in the future, or what this means for HASCON?  Hasbro has said that they will have some exclusives at HASCON, so I'm expecting some reveals there. 

One other thought, if every year Hasbrotoyshop appears at SW Celebration, SDCC, NY Comicon and HASCON, and also plans to have exclusives available for each show, then Hasbro will need to produce a LOT of exclusives each year.  As an overall thought, I think that would largely have a negative effect, as part of the appeal of obtaining show exclusives is that they are lower production runs and harder to find.
Hasbro last year also showed up at Fan Expo Canada in Toronto, which is roughly the same size as SDCC and NYCC. One of my friends was able to get the Obi box set.
What are you, Worf? Do you tremble and quake with fear at the approach of combat? Hoping to talk your way out of a fight like a Human? Or do you hear the cry of the warrior, calling you to battle, calling you to glory like a Klingon?
- Gowron, Chancellor of the Klingon High Council

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 07:34:38 AM »

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2017, 10:04:17 AM »
Yeah, last year Hasbro did "convention exclusive" and I don't think any of them were SDCC specific and could be had at other conventions they attended.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2017, 06:37:38 AM »
Playing the italics once again, served with a grain of salt for now:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline AzT

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 10:13:38 AM »

Offline ComicConNewb

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2017, 10:11:12 PM »
IM looking to get the Magic plainwalkers exclusives. When does the line start forming for that< or is the line for everyone trying to get different exclusives?

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Comic Con is a Black Hole for my wallet.
  • Liked: 549
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2017, 07:08:20 AM »
IM looking to get the Magic plainwalkers exclusives. When does the line start forming for that< or is the line for everyone trying to get different exclusives?

I am all about this!  Last year it was about a week before Comic Con before Hasbro released anything. 

WoTC released this statement on July 19th:http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/san-diego-comic-con-2016-magic-promos-2016-07-19

MTG events happened in the MMM last year and the Manchester the year before.
Twitter feed:  wes@comicconster

Offline fruitflan

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2017, 08:46:54 AM »

That reminds me.. i still have my set from last year unopened  :-\

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2017, 09:54:20 AM »

You have to line up in the everything else line that in the morning gets feed through the back of sails then you peel off into the Hasbro line.  From there if you are early enough you will get a card with a timeframe you can go to the Hasbro booth to wait in that line to pick up any of the exclusives.  Awesome guide on the entire process from Shawn at ParksandCons here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »
That reminds me.. i still have my set from last year unopened  :-\

Mine is still unopened as well but I own them.  The zombie PWs were so sweet.

Offline TheTFReview

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 57
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:27 PM »
Can we all assume that we're getting some variant of Trypticon as an exclusive this year?

Offline ComicConNewb

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2017, 10:28:13 PM »
Mine is still unopened as well but I own them.  The zombie PWs were so sweet.

thanks for the help. So now I know that Thursdays sucks lol. Only problem is I want to stay in Hall H line Thursday night to try and see The Walking Dead Friday,I don't know if they will have the cards on Saturday so I just might have to get in line at 10pm Wednesday. So waiting in line means you are first to get in the convention and then I have to know where I'm going before everyone runs past me to beat me there?

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2017, 10:42:48 PM »
thanks for the help. So now I know that Thursdays sucks lol. Only problem is I want to stay in Hall H line Thursday night to try and see The Walking Dead Friday,I don't know if they will have the cards on Saturday so I just might have to get in line at 10pm Wednesday. So waiting in line means you are first to get in the convention and then I have to know where I'm going before everyone runs past me to beat me there?

I only went for Saturday and Sunday last year and snagged mine.  :)  MTG isn't in demand like GI Joe or TFs at SDCC so the PW decks are usually around.  To get in line I floated around their booth until they let me in line; took about 15 minutes.  Forget it on PN.  The other booths will send their employees out to the Hasbro to get first dibs.  This isn't supposed to happen but does.  I was about 6th in line for 2014 and 2015 on PN and made a bee line for Hasbro only to see it capped off.  Me and another member here keep an eye on this booth and help each other.   Adding someone else will only increase our chances of success. :)

Offline ComicConNewb

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2017, 11:07:58 PM »
I only went for Saturday and Sunday last year and snagged mine.  :)  MTG isn't in demand like GI Joe or TFs at SDCC so the PW decks are usually around.  To get in line I floated around their booth until they let me in line; took about 15 minutes.  Forget it on PN.  The other booths will send their employees out to the Hasbro to get first dibs.  This isn't supposed to happen but does.  I was about 6th in line for 2014 and 2015 on PN and made a bee line for Hasbro only to see it capped off.  Me and another member here keep an eye on this booth and help each other.   Adding someone else will only increase our chances of success. :)

This is my first time going to sdcc, would be nice to have help from someone who done this before. I'm going with the wife but she will be sleeping if I have to camp early so we will meet up later that morning. Kinda sucks I can only get one since a friend wants one too but he can look at mine when he visits :) let me know if you guys need a tag along

Offline Pyramid

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2017, 12:02:30 PM »
This is my first time going to sdcc, would be nice to have help from someone who done this before. I'm going with the wife but she will be sleeping if I have to camp early so we will meet up later that morning. Kinda sucks I can only get one since a friend wants one too but he can look at mine when he visits :) let me know if you guys need a tag along

Of course!  I'm down.  We'll know more the closer we get to SDCC but anything to increase our chances of snagging the 2017 PWs!

Btw, in 2015 I was able to snag 2 sets using my wife's badge.  :)