Author Topic: SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK WB PILOT SCREENINGS, WEDNESDAY, JULY 19th, 6-10pm BR20  (Read 6509 times)

Offline Angology

• Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SPECIAL SNEAK PEEK PILOT SCREENINGS
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19

6:00—10:00 p.m. Special Sneak Peek Screenings - Comic-Con and Warner Bros. Television Group proudly continue our annual Preview Night tradition with an exclusive pilot screening of the midseason thriller Deception, plus exclusive video presentations of some of the most highly anticipated series of the 2017—18 television season - Krypton and Black Lightning - as well as a brand-new hour-long episode of Teen Titans Go!, and special surprises.

Deception: From Chuck co-creator Chris Fedak, the Blindspot creative team of Martin Gero, Greg Berlanti and Sarah Schechter, Emmy-winning director David Nutter (Game of Thrones, The Flash) and renowned magician/puzzle creator David Kwong (Now You See Me, Blindspot), Deception is a thrilling crime drama that combines FBI counter-espionage with the mysterious world of magic and misdirection. When his career is ruined by scandal, superstar magician Cameron Black (Jack Cutmore-Scott) has only one place to turn to practice his art of deception, illusion and influence - the FBI. Using every trick in the book and inventing new ones, he will help the government catch the world’s most elusive criminals while staging the biggest illusions of his career. Deception stars Jack Cutmore-Scott, Ilfenesh Hadera, Lenora Crichlow, Amaury Nolasco, Justin Chon, Laila Robins and Vinnie Jones. From Berlanti Productions and Quinn’s House in association with Warner Bros. Television, Deception premieres midseason on ABC. Become a fan of Deception on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, and follow the show on Twitter at @DeceptionABC.

Krypton: Set two generations before the destruction of the legendary Man of Steel’s home planet, Krypton follows Superman’s grandfather (Cameron Cuffe) - whose House of El was ostracized and shamed - as he fights to redeem his family’s honor and save his beloved world from chaos. Based on DC characters, Krypton is from Warner Horizon Scripted Television and is executive produced by David S. Goyer (Man of Steel, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, The Dark Knight trilogy) through his Phantom Four banner, along with Damian Kindler and Cameron Welsh. Krypton is based on characters created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, published by DC, and will debut in 2018 on SYFY. Follow the show on Twitter at @KryptonSYFY.

Black Lightning: Jefferson Pierce (Cress Williams) is a man wrestling with a secret. As the father of two daughters and principal of a charter high school that also serves as a safe haven for young people in a neighborhood overrun by gang violence, he is a hero to his community. Nine years ago, Pierce was a hero of a different sort. Gifted with the superhuman power to harness and control electricity, he used those powers to keep his hometown streets safe as the masked vigilante Black Lightning. However, after too many nights with his life on the line, and seeing the effects of the damage and loss that his alter ego was inflicting on his family, he left his Super Hero days behind and settled into being a principal and a dad. Choosing to help his city without using his superpowers, he watched his daughters Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Anne McClain) grow into strong young women, even though his marriage to their mother, Lynn (Christine Adams), suffered. Almost a decade later, Pierce’s crime-fighting days are long behind him…or so he thought. But with crime and corruption spreading like wildfire, and those he cares about in the crosshairs of the menacing local gang The One Hundred, Black Lightning returns - to save not only his family, but also the soul of his community. Based on the characters from DC, Black Lightning is from Berlanti Productions and Akil Productions, in association with Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl), Salim Akil & Mara Brock Akil (Being Mary Jane, The Game, Jumping the Broom, Girlfriends) and Sarah Schechter (Arrow, DC’s Legends of Tomorrow, The Flash, Supergirl). Black Lightning premieres midseason on The CW. Become a fan of Black Lighting on Facebook at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and follow the show on Twitter @BlackLightning.

Teen Titans Go!: The Teen Titans are back at it again, in Teen Titans Go!, with all new comedic adventures both in and out of Titans Tower, and we’ll have you covered by screening a brand-new, hour-long episode. Based on characters from DC and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Teen Titans Go! airs Fridays at 6/5c on Cartoon Network.

Unikitty!: Your favorite character from The LEGO Movie now has her own show! Journey to a joyous kingdom full of sparkle matter, happy thoughts and the occasional rage-out in Unikitty!, an all-new animated series. As ruler of the kingdom, Unikitty has busy days full of royal responsibilities. Unikitty is most interested in making sure everyone is happy and ridding the kingdom of negativity, but don’t misunderstand her optimism - she is one kitty not to be crossed. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation, Unikitty! is coming soon to Cartoon Network.

edit: This was supposed to be a locked thread for the Wednesday schedule, but since I can't lock the thread, and discussion has started-I am converting this to a thread to discuss the WB screenings. Carry on! :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:09:28 AM by Angology »
Ang

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
  • Liked: 602
Re: Wednesday, July 19th, 2017
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:20:06 PM »
I actually do have an interest in all of these (except for maybe Deception), and from looking at the times listed for the actual panels, the panels are too short to include the full pilot for most of them. But I also have a pass for the Funko Booth on Preview Night that it would be a shame to not use. But, from the Funko announcements, it seems that hardly any of them are really exclusives, and most of them that are have relatively high edition sizes which makes the booth less attractive.

Decisions, decisions...
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »
I actually do have an interest in all of these (except for maybe Deception), and from looking at the times listed for the actual panels, the panels are too short to include the full pilot for most of them. But I also have a pass for the Funko Booth on Preview Night that it would be a shame to not use. But, from the Funko announcements, it seems that hardly any of them are really exclusives, and most of them that are have relatively high edition sizes which makes the booth less attractive.

Decisions, decisions...

I would be happy to take that Funko pass from you and pick up anything from the booth you were looking to get.  Strictly to make sure you can see those pilots of course, only thinking of you  ??? :P

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 42
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 06:09:05 AM »

Decisions, decisions...

They've always shown the full pilots in the past, why would they stop now?? Full hour pilots are only 42 minutes without commercials. MAYBE 44 if it's a BBC series. (I work in TV I know!)

Plus, Unikitty and Teen Titans Go! are both 21-22 minutes each!

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »
I would be happy to take that Funko pass from you and pick up anything from the booth you were looking to get.  Strictly to make sure you can see those pilots of course, only thinking of you  ??? :P

That's very thoughtful of you. O:-) I think they actually check IDs for this one though, so I don't think it will work--otherwise I would totally take you up on that!
SDCC 07 12-14 16-19 22-24 | CCSE 21 | ECCC 12-19 21-23 | WC 10-11 16 19 22-24 | RCCC 15 21-22 24 | SVCC 16-19 21-22 | DCC 16 22 | SLCC 19 21 | SFFX 22-24 | ABQCC 23-24 | SWC 15

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 11:35:21 AM »
They've always shown the full pilots in the past, why would they stop now?? Full hour pilots are only 42 minutes without commercials. MAYBE 44 if it's a BBC series. (I work in TV I know!)

Plus, Unikitty and Teen Titans Go! are both 21-22 minutes each!

Oh, sorry--I was referring to the actual panels for these shows being too short to show the full pilots (the Krypton panel is only 30 min and the Black Lightning one is only 20 min)...meaning that if I want to see the full pilots at Comic-Con, then I'd have to go to this thing on Preview Night.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 11:40:51 AM »
Oh, sorry--I was referring to the actual panels for these shows being too short to show the full pilots (the Krypton panel is only 30 min and the Black Lightning one is only 20 min)...meaning that if I want to see the full pilots at Comic-Con, then I'd have to go to this thing on Preview Night.

Ah, ok! I get it.

Yes, that. Exactly!!

Sorry for the mix-up!

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 07:48:10 PM »

Where did you find the run times for the panels? I'm not seeing them.

Offline SamTurtledove

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2003
Where did you find the run times for the panels? I'm not seeing them.
I think from the same WBTV post under WBTVG/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE,  here's the FoCC blog link

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:57:05 PM by SamTurtledove »

Offline Shauni48

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 52
I think from the same WBTV post under WBTVG/WBA SERIES SCHEDULE,  here's the FoCC blog link

Ohhh. Thanks! I think they'll play the full pilot on Preview Night though.

Offline hikanteki

• Fulfillment Room
Ohhh. Thanks! I think they'll play the full pilot on Preview Night though.

I hope so. The wording makes me wonder a bit though:

exclusive pilot screening of the midseason thriller Deception, plus exclusive video presentations of some of the most highly anticipated series of the 2017—18 television season - Krypton and Black Lightning

It only specifically mentions that Deception will have the pilot, whereas Krypton and Black Lightning are just "exclusive video presentations". If the block is four hours though, then there should be enough time for four full hour-long pilots and one half-hour pilot, all sans commercials.

Offline Keyframegirl

• Exhibit Hall
I hope so. The wording makes me wonder a bit though:

It only specifically mentions that Deception will have the pilot, whereas Krypton and Black Lightning are just "exclusive video presentations". If the block is four hours though, then there should be enough time for four full hour-long pilots and one half-hour pilot, all sans commercials.

It might just be the rough-cut with the graphics not finalized, or final mix and color incomplete. But I agree, the wording makes it sound like they will just show a couple scenes and maybe a clip or highlight reel. I know Krypton and Black Lightning aren't even locked yet for the fall at this point. (Locked is when everything is mastered and approved and it's ready to air.)

Offline oneroomdisco

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 197
I'm not sure about Krypton, but Black Lighting doesn't even have a filmed pilot at the moment. They were apparently picked up off a filmed sizzle reel and won't start shooting the actual pilot episode You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Offline DRWHO42

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
    • FoCC Blog
  • Liked: 1750
I recall they filmed a pilot in the spring in Atlanta. I saw set photos and a few things online. Maybe they might reshoot the pilot of they are holding off since it is a mid season premiere.
Time and Relative Dimension in Space - 'TARDIS' for short

Editor-in-Chief of the FoCC Blog