Author Topic: Sdcc talk back panel link-UPDATED(again) for complete talk back panel  (Read 5360 times)

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
Re: Sdcc talk back panel link-UPDATED
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 05:16:48 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would agree. WonderCOn badges this year were purchased by logging directly into your Member ID account. My guess is that they were trying something similar for SDCC.

That's exactly what I was thinking...something like how WonderCon was done - which was SOOO easy.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »
i am looking for the entire recording.
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Friends of Comic Cons

Offline CptMyCpt24

• Hall H
  • myth of the chupacabra is just that - utter crap
  • Liked: 115
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2017, 07:27:28 PM »
Thanks for recording and uploading. I  thought it started and continued valid till the 41 minute mark. The gold pass thing is interesting but they didn't shy away from saying he doesn't show having one. When the emails go out for feedback I'll submit my 2 cents about the everything else line and security which I thought got worse as the days went on. I can't talk about hall h since I didn't go there this year. The only thing that I really didn't like were the number of tents setup along the water in both directions. Trade one shanty town for another but the latter had blow up furniture and all that was missing was a hibachi. <Rant over>

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

SDCC: 2011-2014, 2016-2019, 2022-| ECCC: 2015-2018, 2021 | WonderCon: ? | DragonCon: ? | NYCC: ?

Zim: Ummm, is it supposed to be stupid?
Tallest Purple: It's not stupid; [sarcastically] it's advanced!

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2017, 07:40:32 PM »
My biggest issue is the line jumping in every single line. 15 minutes before the line moves every group adds 5-6 people if not more. I understand allowing 1 person to hold 4 spots on the camp out lines. However the rest of the lines shouldn't allow this.

Offline susanml10881

• Hall H
  • Liked: 152
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:55 PM »
Thank you for recording this, [member=1]alyssa[/member]. I didn't make it in but am happy to see that some of our own questions were asked by others. I've listened to the 1st hour, will finish the rest tomorrow. Don't agree with the guy at 41:15 -- a bit harsh I would say. And the whole gold pass thing?? Never knew such a thing existed.

No but maybe it's something that was grandfathered in if he was indeed a founder, and it's a decades old thing? But if the company changed hands and he isn't a part, I wouldn't still count on such a thing.

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2017, 08:28:39 PM »
My biggest issue is the line jumping in every single line. 15 minutes before the line moves every group adds 5-6 people if not more. I understand allowing 1 person to hold 4 spots on the camp out lines. However the rest of the lines shouldn't allow this.

They are all campout lines now. I had a group that camped every day for EE line, we decided to hold the same ratio at the Hall H line and that was trying to be fair. Needless to say we encountered nearly every other group only leaving one or two people in line with a motherload of people showing up in the morning.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline FlamedLiquid

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 128
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2017, 01:24:38 AM »
i understand you guys saying the guy during the 41.15 mark was a bit harsh but i was next to that guy in line that day. Camped with a friend who started at 10:00 am - 10:30 am and witnessed all the BS going on that friday night. it was as he said a cluster f. there were section that people were not supposed to be lining up in that later got filled with line cutters and pushed a lot of people back. we were probably only 150-200 people away from getting D wristbands. years before this you didnt have to line up that early to get into hall h saturday. lining up in the early afternoon was fine enough. This years line for saturday was the worst Ive seen, and I thought the line for Star Wars in 2015 was nuts.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 01:36:51 AM by FlamedLiquid »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2017, 04:02:45 AM »
I saw the Gold pass guy hanging out outside the talk back room when I left to go to the Sunday night dinner. I guess he wanted to talk to John Rogers some more. I didn't stick around to see what would happen.

Offline Michaelnaut

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • The artist formerly known as 'Michael M'
    • LinkedIn
  • Liked: 1885
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2017, 05:53:34 AM »
Thanks for recording and uploading. I  thought it started and continued valid till the 41 minute mark. The gold pass thing is interesting but they didn't shy away from saying he doesn't show having one. When the emails go out for feedback I'll submit my 2 cents about the everything else line and security which I thought got worse as the days went on. I can't talk about hall h since I didn't go there this year. The only thing that I really didn't like were the number of tents setup along the water in both directions. Trade one shanty town for another but the latter had blow up furniture and all that was missing was a hibachi. <Rant over>

This.  I hope they do something on this.  Walking on the promenade was literally like walking the exhibit hall.  The first morning I tried to go for a run saw that, said nope.  It was nutso crazy.  /rant
"I am serious...and don't call me Shirley"

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2017, 06:55:12 AM »
I would agree. WonderCOn badges this year were purchased by logging directly into your Member ID account. My guess is that they were trying something similar for SDCC.

When you bought badges for Wondercon, could you only buy 1 badge just for yourself? Or could you buy for 3 people? I know the demand for Wondercon isn't as big as for SDCC.

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2017, 07:07:10 AM »
When you bought badges for Wondercon, could you only buy 1 badge just for yourself? Or could you buy for 3 people? I know the demand for Wondercon isn't as big as for SDCC.

I believe i could just buy for myself
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2017, 07:38:42 AM »

Just for yourself. So if you were buying for someone else (friend, spouse, junior, etc), you had to log in to their member ID and do another transaction.
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2017, 08:42:57 AM »

Just for yourself. And that's pretty scary from a SDCC perspective. I also got a fraud alert from my cc company, becuase I had to make 4 separate purchase to get badges for my entire family.

Offline sessionka

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 713
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2017, 10:00:28 AM »

LOL!!!!    :) :) :)
Phasers on Stun!!!

Offline force951

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2017, 10:56:19 AM »
They are all campout lines now. I had a group that camped every day for EE line, we decided to hold the same ratio at the Hall H line and that was trying to be fair. Needless to say we encountered nearly every other group only leaving one or two people in line with a motherload of people showing up in the morning.

I'm not talking about overnight lines, stuff like Indigo, or a mid day 6A panel. Where its 1 person goes to get the groups spot early, and the other 10 show up right before heading in.