Author Topic: WonderCon 2018 Guests & Panels  (Read 9501 times)

Offline Mel

• Volunteer HQ
    • Flickr
  • Liked: 1923
Re: WonderCon 2018 Guests & Panels
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Really? Because the WB panel last year was a serious disappointment....

This is WB Home Entertainment. So that means it will be the TV shows. I didn't the the WB Pictures panel was disappointing at all. I loved the panel with Patty Jenkins and all the exclusive first-look Wonder Woman footage. Again, I'm not just in it to see the famous people. I appreciate the content and the people who write, direct, produce and the opportunity to see footage.
Formerly cracksback

My Flickr
-----------------------------
My Twitter

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:10 PM »

We know you’ve been wondering which shows might be at WonderCon Anaheim this year, we are excited to announce we’ll be seeing some exciting things from Marvel Television, stay tuned for their programming in the next few weeks! #WCA2018 @Marvel

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #17 on: Today at 10:53:43 AM »

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2018, 09:34:00 AM »
From You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Superstar writer Scott Snyder is joining the WonderCon Anaheim 2018 Special Guests roster! Best known for his work on Batman with artist Greg Capullo, Snyder is currently helming the massive DC event Dark Nights Metal alongside Capullo. His other works include American Vampire, Detective Comics, All Star Batman, Batman: Gates of Gotham, Wytches, and Swamp Thing. Snyder joins 27 other special guests at WonderCon Anaheim 2018, March 23—25 at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 09:15:26 AM »

Sirens might cast a spell on you! But you won’t know unless you see the panel! Badges for #WCA2018 are going fast, get yours today! #Sirens You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Get ready. We’re going to @WonderCon. We’ll see you there March 24th. #Siren

Join Marvel Television at WonderCon in Anaheim Friday, March 23 through Saturday, March 24!
Attention True Believers! Marvel Television returns to WonderCon with the fan-favorite “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” and the Con debut of brand-new series for Freeform, “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger.” Marvel Animation returns with an exciting panel that takes the fans on a behind-the-scenes look at the production process for some of the animation team’s most popular series and upcoming new projects. Join us for the not to be missed panels with the popular cast and creators, featuring premieres of never-before-seen footage, exclusive signings, and a few fun surprises along the way — all starting Friday, March 23 through Saturday, March 24.

Full schedule below. Jump in on the conversation by using #MarvelWonderCon:

MARVEL TELEVISION PANEL SCHEDULE:

FRIDAY, MARCH 23

MARVEL’S CLOAK & DAGGER
Anaheim Convention Center, March 23, 2018 — 4:45PM — North 200A

Join series stars Olivia Holt and Aubrey Joseph, along with executive producer and Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb, executive producer and showrunner Joe Pokaski, and director Gina Prince-Bythewood for a must-see panel featuring a sneak peak at the highly-anticipated new series.

Freeform’s new original series “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” is the story of Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) — two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened by newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and finds hope in the light, while Tyrone has the ability to control darkness which gives him the power he needs. They quickly learn they are better together than apart as they join forces to seek justice for the loved ones they lost early on. You won’t want to miss this!

SATURDAY, MARCH 24

MARVEL ANIMATION: FROM PENCIL TO SCREEN
Anaheim Convention Center, March 24, 2018 — 12:30PM — 300D

Join Marvel Animation for a behind the scenes journey through all aspects of production and development! You’ll get an exclusive look at how Marvel assembles acclaimed animated series and projects such as “Marvel’s Avengers: Secret Wars,” “Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout” and the highly-anticipated “Marvel Rising,” as well as an inside glimpse at the popular Marvel Funko animated shorts and “Marvel LEGO Super Heroes — Black Panther: Trouble in Wakanda.” Led by Cort Lane (SVP, Animation and Family Entertainment) and featuring several special guests, the Marvel Animation team will share rare insight into the writing process, voice direction, production, never-before-seen sneak peeks from upcoming projects, and tons of scoops on future storylines. Don’t miss it!

MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Anaheim Convention Center, March 24, 2018 — 4:45PM — Arena

Your favorite agents are back in Anaheim! Join Clark Gregg, Chloe Bennet, Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley, and Jeff Ward, along with executive producers Maurissa Tancharoen, Jed Whedon, Jeff Bell, and Jeph Loeb, Head of Marvel Television, to talk all things “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” season five! Find out what’s coming up with a Q&A and sneak peek of a never-before-seen episode. The action-packed series from Marvel Television airs Friday nights at 9|8c on ABC!

*Talent is subject to change.

MARVEL TELEVISION AUTOGRAPH SIGNING SCHEDULE:

Please note that the WonderCon online Exclusives Portal will launch on February 28th and at that time WonderCon Anaheim badge holders can log-in and create a list of exclusive signings they’d be interested in attending. On March 19th, WonderCon attendees will be selected at random and receive an email confirmation with more details.

FRIDAY, MARCH 23

MARVEL’S CLOAK & DAGGER — Exclusive Signing Room — 1:30-2:30PM
Freeform and Marvel will be hosting a special exclusive autograph signing with cast and executive producers from their highly anticipated new original series “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger.” For more information on “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger,” please visit You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login.

SATURDAY, MARCH 24

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. — Exclusive Signing Room — 3:00-4:00PM
Marvel is excited to announce a special exclusive autograph signing with the cast and producers of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.!

Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Fridays at 9|8c on ABC. Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger will debut on Freeform on Thursday, June 7th at 8|7c.

Stay tuned to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for all the breaking news from Marvel Television at WonderCon. Follow @Marvel on Twitter and “like” Marvel on Facebook for minute-by-minute updates on all things in the MCU.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 10:50:42 AM by AzT »

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2018, 11:04:10 AM »
Hmmm..an online lottery for autographs and whatever else they are putting in the Wondercon online Exclusives Portal...  interesting.

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2018, 02:03:55 PM »
Hmmm..an online lottery for autographs and whatever else they are putting in the Wondercon online Exclusives Portal...  interesting.

"Please note that the WonderCon online Exclusives Portal will launch on February 28th and at that time WonderCon Anaheim badge holders can log-in and create a list of exclusive signings they’d be interested in attending. On March 19th, WonderCon attendees will be selected at random and receive an email confirmation with more details."

Today is the 28th...where the heck do we find the portal??

Offline madfly

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 140
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2018, 02:51:31 PM »
"Please note that the WonderCon online Exclusives Portal will launch on February 28th and at that time WonderCon Anaheim badge holders can log-in and create a list of exclusive signings they’d be interested in attending. On March 19th, WonderCon attendees will be selected at random and receive an email confirmation with more details."

Today is the 28th...where the heck do we find the portal??

Never mind... just got the email!

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2018, 12:53:15 PM »

WONDERCON ANAHEIM 2018 TOUCAN TIP OF THE DAY! BONUS TIP! WonderCon Friday is FUN, FUN, FUN!

IEverybody’s lookin’ forward to WonderCon, WonderCon! Hop in the back seat and head on down to WonderCon Anaheim on Friday to experience all the fun, fun, fun we have to offer!

Are you looking to get into the Comics biz? Your dream career could be just a panel away! We have comics portfolio reviews from IDW and comic book veteran Dave Olbrich. Maybe you want to be the next winner of the Her Universe Fashion Show at Comic-Con: Her Universe has a Geek Fashion portfolio review too! Jumpstart your writing aspirations with Writing 101 and Writing for Animation.

Hablan Español?! Ven a escuchar y bromear con Comics Con Comics. Lo esperamos! Droidspeak more your style? Learn how to build a BB-8 or R2 unit with the R2 Builders Club. Put your hands together for Spiritual Themes in Comics, then throw them up in the air with Hip-Hop & Comics. You never know who’ll drop in. You can do it all at WonderCon Anaheim on Friday. Then tomorrow is Saturday and Sunday comes afterwards. We don’t want WonderCon to end!

For more details and all the panel info mark your calendars for THIS FRIDAY, March 9, and the release of the full schedule! Meantime, here's a look at just some of what's going on on Friday, March 23, at WonderCon Anaheim:

1:00–2:00 Her Universe Geek Fashion Portfolio Review—Are you looking to submit to the Her Universe Fashion Show? Or do you just want to get into the business of geek fashion? Come and share your portfolio with industry professionals from Her Universe and Hot Topic. Get tips and advice on how to best prepare your fashion portfolio. All ages are welcome. Room 206B

2:15–3:15 IDW Portfolio Review—An IDW editor will review your artwork and offer advice on your portfolio. Room 206B

3:30–4:30 Portfolio Review: Dave Olbrich—Dave Olbrich has been helping artists get paying jobs in the comic book industry for decades. He’s worked on comic book projects and with comic book editors at Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, IDW, BOOM!, Image, Malibu, and many others. Get some one-to-one feedback. Is your portfolio ready to show to an editor, publisher, producer, or other job providers? Dave can help. Be sure to bring your portfolio. Room 206B

4:30–5:30 Writing 101: What to Think About Before You Start Writing—Award-winning writer/editor Marv Wolfman (writer-creator of Blade, Black Cat, Bullseye, New Teen Titans, Deathstroke, and many more) brings his annual writing seminar to WonderCon. This is for those who want to write but aren’t sure how to begin. Marv talks about structure, creating characters, writing dialogue, and more. If you want to begin writing, be sure to attend Marv’s panel first. Room 210

3:30–4:30 Writing for Animation—Interested in writing for cartoons or video games? Then you'll want to hear three people who've done it tell you how they've done it: Marv Wolfman (Epic Mickey 2, The Adventures of Superman), Shelly Goldstein (Shelldon, Flying with Byrd), and moderator Mark Evanier (The Garfield Show, Scooby Doo). They'll talk about script formats, breaking a story, getting the assignment, dealing with sinister forces, and everything else. Room 300D

7:30–8:30 Comics con Comics—En el estreno de Comics Con Comics en WonderCon, presentador Juan-Manuel Rocha va a traer grandes de los mundos Comedia y Comics. ¡Unete con nosotros esta noche y desfrute la risa! Room 300D

1:00–2:00 Spiritual Themes in Comics—This marks the fourth year that the Christian Comic Arts Society has hosted the Spiritual Themes in Comics panel at WonderCon. As spiritual themes continue to be explored in movies like Wonder Woman and in comics, science fiction, and fantasy, panelists will examine how spiritual themes influence the entertainment industry and how the reality of spiritual beliefs affects the culture’s perception of spiritual influences. Panelists include B. Dave Walters (Electropunk), Travis Hanson (Beanleaf Press), Buzz Dixon (Serenity), Dr. Thomas Parham (Azusa Pacific University), and Collen Bennett (Transfiguration Productions). Moderated by Ralph Miley (CCAS). Room 211

6:00–7:00 Hip-Hop & Comics: Cultures Combining—Comics and Hip-Hop are both hybrid forms, forging new ideas by combining existing elements in new and creative ways, reflecting and shaping popular culture through artistic expression. Rappers and graffiti artists utilize four-color visuals and adopt heroic alter-egos; MCs and producers create universes with words and sound; comic creators incorporate Hip-Hop's music, dance, and fashion into the fabric of their stories. Here, Patrick A. Reed (Depth of Field) brings together graphic artists and musical innovators to discuss the ties between these two creative cultures. Room 211

7:30–8:30 How to Build a BB-8 and R2-D2—Do you want to know what it takes to build your own Star Wars droid? Southern California R2/BB8 builders Chris Romines, Mike Senna, Michael McMaster, William Miyamoto, and builder/moderator Victor Franco discuss how their robots were built and how they work. Topics include materials, blueprints, building techniques, tools, and the electronics used to bring these awesome droids to life. Room 210

Click here for info on how to buy your WonderCon Anaheim 2018 badges!
Badges are available online only and will not be sold onsite at the Anaheim Convention Center.

Click here for WonderCon Anaheim 2018 hotel reservation information!
Make it a WonderCon Weekend and stay at one of our hotels with special rates!

Bookmark the WonderCon Front Page and Toucan for up-to-date information on WonderCon Anaheim 2018!

Posted on Mar 5, 2018

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 11:18:27 AM »
Their panel selection looks good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 11:22:01 AM »
I think I'll be spending most of Saturday in the Arena... anyone else?

Online Miclpea

• Hall H
  • Liked: 350
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 11:32:11 AM »
North 200A looks really good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline mlgagne

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • By what right does the wolf judge the lion?
    • FoCC Blog Articles - mlgagne
  • Liked: 882
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 11:40:13 AM »
I think I'll be spending most of Saturday in the Arena... anyone else?

Me too! I'm planning on being there at least until 3:30, but I may stay thru FTWD as well :)
SDCC: 2015 | 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019
WonderCon: 2017 | 2018 | 2019
NYCC: 2012 | 2014 | 2015 | 2016
Walker Stalker Con: 2015 (San Diego) | 2017 (Atlanta)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 11:41:57 AM »
Me too! I'm planning on being there at least until 3:30, but I may stay thru FTWD as well :)

I'll probably leave after Fear, since I'm not an AoS fan.

Offline Kevin Rutan

• Supporter
  • Hall H
  • Liked: 360
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 12:37:38 PM »
I'll probably leave after Fear, since I'm not an AoS fan.

I'll probably stay through AOS as I am a pretty big fan and their panels are normally very good and get almost all of the cast.
Geology isn't a real science. -Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2018, 09:06:49 PM »

Set a course for Anaheim, California, because Star Trek: Discovery is about to beam into WonderCon!

On Saturday, Mar. 24 at 3 PM PT, in Room North 200A, fans will have the chance to attend a one-hour Star Trek: Discovery panel discussion titled "The Making of Star Trek: Discovery," where executive producers and visionaries from the series will share details on bringing the famed franchise back to fans and building the Trek universe in a modern age.

Moderated by series star Mary Chieffo (L'Rell), the panel will feature the following speakers:

- Gretchen J. Berg and Aaron Harberts (Executive Producers & Showrunners)
- Tamara Deverell (Production Designer)
- Gersha Phillips (Costume Designer)
- Mario Moreira (Props Master)
- Glenn Hetrick & James MacKinnon (Prosthetics & Special FX Makeup)
- Jeff Russo (Composer)
- Jason Zimmerman (VFX Supervisor)

Star Trek: Discovery follows the voyages of Starfleet on their missions to discover new worlds and new life forms, and one Starfleet officer who must learn that to truly understand all things alien, you must first understand yourself.

READ: How To Watch Star Trek: Discovery On CBS All Access

Stream the entire first season of Star Trek: Discovery, exclusively on CBS All Access.