Author Topic: Conan Shows 2018  (Read 57857 times)

Offline Badwolf30

• Sails Pavilion
  • I always have gum.
  • Liked: 8
Conan Shows 2018
« on: April 04, 2018, 11:19:56 AM »
Conan is back again this year.  I have never tried for tickets - are they impossible to get? 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline epicaz

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 264
Re: Re: SDCC 2018 offsite events
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 11:34:03 AM »
Conan is back again this year.  I have never tried for tickets - are they impossible to get? 

Not terribly so! They tend to do a lottery, so technically you may have a fair shot as long as you hop on it right as it opens

Either that.. or you can camp out day of ;)

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Conan Shows 2018
« Reply #2 on: Today at 01:40:26 PM »

Offline Johnc86

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 43
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 09:01:24 PM »
Not terribly so! They tend to do a lottery, so technically you may have a fair shot as long as you hop on it right as it opens

Either that.. or you can camp out day of ;)

How do you go about entering in the lottery?

If you camp out day of, do you just go in the morning and wait until they pass out tickets?

I'm thinking about giving this a shot this year.

Offline retired

• Supporter
  • Pre-Registration
  • Liked: 1048
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2018, 07:57:12 AM »
How do you go about entering in the lottery?

If you camp out day of, do you just go in the morning and wait until they pass out tickets?

I'm thinking about giving this a shot this year.

Comic con will email everyone when you can throw your name in the hat to hopefully win the Conan lottery. Just a website you put your info in, and then wait for an answer back. This forum will certainly have discussion threads that light up like a Christmas tree once those emails go out.

If you get selected, make sure you show up the morning of your showing to get your numbered “guaranteed entry” wristband for the showing later that day. People will line up early in the morning to get a low number wristband to sit closer to the stage.

There will also be a “standby” line next to, or mixed in with the lottery winners each morning. They hand out a limited number of numbered standby wristbands. Standby people show up for the afternoon shows and hope to get in for the no-shows/empty seats. (This is usually me)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 07:59:21 AM by jopari »

Offline ALF

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 320
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2018, 08:58:51 AM »
I never ever have any luck with Conan.. Crap out 3 years in a row.
Not even a rejection letter.
Although i only use one email and one account.. So maybe that's the reason..

Offline chocolateshake

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1497
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2018, 09:17:26 AM »
I never get in either. I don't think I'll even try this year. Since with further thought I don't think it's worth it for someone who lives in Southern California to spend most of a precious comic con day on Conan. We can just get Conan tickets anytime and see a show in his regular studio. There's no funko giveaway but personal that funko isn't worth a comic con day.

Offline Angie

• Ballroom 20
    • The NerdyGirl's Blog
  • Liked: 200
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2018, 09:37:42 AM »
I never get in either. I don't think I'll even try this year. Since with further thought I don't think it's worth it for someone who lives in Southern California to spend most of a precious comic con day on Conan. We can just get Conan tickets anytime and see a show in his regular studio. There's no funko giveaway but personal that funko isn't worth a comic con day.

Agreed. Its fun but it took up too much time in my opinion.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2018, 10:39:51 AM »
If u able to catch a recording of the show on utube then i can skip. i know they give out funko , but if u not big on all that craze then it like more swag u may or may not really want but im guessing those who go and not care for the funko turn around and resale it later to anyone who collect or want them bad so to speak who wasnt able to go to the show. like anything, dont waste time or space if u able to roam around inisde and out of con and let those who cant go cause no badge use the space to check out the show and get the funko and anything else at time. i have learned the more u collect the more it gonna weigh u down so to speak lol. so go to offsites u really wanna check out and dont waste time at any of no interest.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »
Conan tickets are done through 1iota, so make sure you have an account for them.

I'm still bummed that I missed out last year. I had press obligations the morning of my show, so I intended to pick my tickets up after I was finished, and they were all given out before noon. I'm especially angry because the press room I had in the morning started late, so I probably could have gone and gotten my tickets beforehand. I just didn't want to risk it. Oh, well.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline comicconfamily

• Supporter
  • Gaming Lounge
  • Instagram: @ComicConFamily
    • Comic Con Family
  • Liked: 160
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 01:43:54 PM »
Our family has tried for Conan every year and none of us have been selected. I think it would be really cool to get - and we'll keep trying - but I've always figured that it was a big time commitment too. After the wristbands are handed out, how much time do you have until you have to be back?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:34:05 PM by comicconfamily »
SDCC 2011 - 2022
WonderCon 2017 - 2022

Offline Devorah

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • If the apocalypse comes, beep me.
  • Liked: 1399
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
Our family has tried for Cona every year and none of us have been selected. I think it would be really cool to get - and we'll keep trying - but I've always figured that it was a big time commitment too. After the wristbands are handed out, how much time do you have until you have to be back?

They usually give out the wristbands for ticket holders around 9am, then you don't have to back until afternoon, I think like 3?

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2018, 10:41:50 AM »
Standby got much harder to do last year and a bunch of people got locked out even with tickets on Saturday? People go just to get the pops now which makes it harder. I've been trying to get tickets since it started too :(

I mite be wrong but guessing if they wasnt givingaway pops then they not have as much traffic for shows much , but they found ways to attract the flippers and non flippers i guess.

Offline cciveg

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 10:45:31 AM »
I mite be wrong but guessing if they wasnt givingaway pops then they not have as much traffic for shows much , but they found ways to attract the flippers and non flippers i guess.

I admit the pops were what most drew me to the Conan tiks. But now it's faded as I realized I can live without the stuff.

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2018, 11:31:38 AM »
I admit the pops were what most drew me to the Conan tiks. But now it's faded as I realized I can live without the stuff.

yea, to me i just see it as a hype thing to collect like other stuff over past was alot hype so everyone wanted or collectd for any reason. even read a article from a toy collector saw no value of the pops any. certain ones i mite want but i not sure i would get all of certain collection unless good reason. they can be past on to family and kids as almost anything can be sometimes. over times years and seeing and watching about people in general hoard or collect stuff for any reason, but not saying that what people who have funko do just stuff i notice on vids a wall of funko in background lol. i just realize millions have so much but so much can be lost do to weather and any otehr tragic events that can take it all way so fast. i know this may seem like a rant just being real and how i see things now days.

Offline ocwankenobi

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 196
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2018, 11:59:33 AM »

i am a pop collector and its still not worth it.  a couple years ago went for stand-by line at 4 in the morning and BARELY got in.  you walk out of the show and there are flippers holding cash in the air to buy the pops.  kind of disgusting. 

but yes.  if you live in socal may not be worth it.  and a pop will end up costing maybe 100 bucks as time goes on.  and at comic-con time is more precious than money at some point.......