Author Topic: Media Chat....Current Events  (Read 53751 times)

Offline AzT

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 2123
Re: Media Chat....Current Events
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2023, 06:24:52 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

After 118 days of the actors guild being out on strike, SAG-AFTRA and the studios on Wednesday reached a tentative deal on a new contract that could see Hollywood up and running again within weeks.

The strike will be over as of 12:01 a.m. PT on Thursday, November 9, we hear, putting an end to more than seven months of labor unrest in Hollywood that saw the Writers Guild and SAG-AFTRA hit the picket lines in the industry’s first joint strike in more than 60 years.

Culminating a dramatic day of studio earnings results and deadline ultimatums, the actors guild’s 17-member negotiating committee unanimously voted this afternoon to recommend a tentative agreement to the SAG-AFTRA board.

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #151 on: March 03, 2024, 03:32:02 PM »
 :smilie_animal_dog:I know I am late to this one, but I had never seen the Harrison Ford Amazon commercial, that's adorable.

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #152 on: Today at 01:44:27 PM »

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Liked: 7001
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2024, 09:13:53 AM »
Saw the new Ghostbusters
I enjoyed it, the audience gave it lots of love, 1 after credit scene

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline vpoulsen

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2024, 12:04:42 PM »
I live 45 miles away from the nearest movie theater so I have to wait for DVDs or Streaming to see films, but I am looking forward to this one.

Offline MandoSaves

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 36
« Reply #154 on: March 25, 2024, 04:12:11 PM »
Saw the new Ghostbusters
I enjoyed it, the audience gave it lots of love, 1 after credit scene

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I've been on the fence on Ghostbusters. Is the after credit scene worth staying for?

Offline perc2100

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1770
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2024, 12:05:59 PM »
I've been on the fence on Ghostbusters. Is the after credit scene worth staying for?
It's "fun," but mileage may vary.  It's more of a giggle-esque moment than any sort of integral thing (I think the previous film's mid-credits scene w/Murray & Weaver was a LOT more fun, and the post-credits scene was more sentimental & integral to setting up future stories, as was paid off in the new film).

I'm also on the fence about Ghostbusters as a franchise that seems to have one legit-great first film, and different degrees of "entertaining" with the sequels.  To get into the mood for the new movie I did spend time last weekend watching the other Ghostbusters films, and I still may think that Ghostbusters II is the worst sequel, with the reboots being either "fine" or "good-not-great" depending on my mood that day.  All have some good moments and legit funny moments, but all the sequels also have their problems.
I do think if they continue this franchise as-is, with similar characters and whatnot, they need to maybe pair down the cast a bit.  But that's just me; we'll see how this one does at the box office.