Author Topic: Stan Lee & Friends - Friday, July 21, 12:30-1:30 pm  (Read 2634 times)

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
Stan Lee & Friends - Friday, July 21, 12:30-1:30 pm
« on: June 30, 2017, 11:12:39 AM »
Friday in 6DE

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Hot off immortalizing his hand and footprints in cement at the TCL Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, 95-year-old comics legend Stan Lee heads to San Diego Comic-Con for an intimate Q&A with Felicia Day, Mythbuster Adam Savage, and Stan's longtime manager Max Anderson. Hear little-known anecdotes about Stan's life, career, and hilarious encounters with fans and celebrities. The panel will also premiere footage from Icons: Face to Face, a cutting-edge VR project featuring Stan and Kevin Smith, coming soon from Legion M, the world's first fan-owned media company.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 12:12:49 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline tsnyder

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 295
Re: Stan Lee & Friends panel at SDCC 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:48:35 PM »
Awesome panel but I expect it to be super packed.  Guess will have to also see what is before/after.

Friends of Comic Cons

Re: Stan Lee & Friends - Friday, July 21, 12:30-1:30 pm
« Reply #2 on: Today at 04:46:25 PM »

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:13 AM »
Im guessing everyone knows do to recent events, i not be shocked if almost every try go this year to show support and all. if chance get something signed or atleast pic and say hi to show how much fan and all. if nothing else take pics of him there at least and maybe vid by chance so do what i can at time.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
Im guessing everyone knows do to recent events, i not be shocked if almost every try go this year to show support and all. if chance get something signed or at least pic and say hi to show how much fan and all. if nothing else take pics of him there at least and maybe vid by chance so do what i can at time.

Stan has been making a number of 'final appearances' at a few cons so far this year. It's clear that he is slowly pulling back from his rigorous schedule. I am sure that the passing of his wife is difficult for him, and I agree that this may be one of fans' last chances to see Stan. He is fantastic, and should not be missed.

Offline kohyuta

• Ballroom 20
  • Be water, my friend.
    • World Gone Geek
  • Liked: 226
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
I wonder what this means for any photo ops or autograph sessions with Stan.  And yes, I'm gonna bet there'll be a nice line for 6DE for Friday with this announcement!
-----
Be Water, My Friend

Offline cabler30

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 62
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 01:24:45 PM »
I just hope people respect his wishes if he decides what he wants to do or not do at time. guessing his manager or helper who does his scheduling will advice him but not limit what is possible at time. i seen his interviews by chance on youtube, he seems always chill and excited for anytime he can handle but do to recent events not sure what he be in the mood to do at time. i hope to see him at his panel by chance if not busy or room not packed at time. if he decided not to come this year i hope everyone understand and not bug out over it cause always next year if possible.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1792
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2017, 08:04:41 PM »
I just hope people respect his wishes if he decides what he wants to do or not do at time. guessing his manager or helper who does his scheduling will advice him but not limit what is possible at time. i seen his interviews by chance on youtube, he seems always chill and excited for anytime he can handle but do to recent events not sure what he be in the mood to do at time. i hope to see him at his panel by chance if not busy or room not packed at time. if he decided not to come this year i hope everyone understand and not bug out over it cause always next year if possible.

Totally agree. If he does not come, I hope no one criticizes him. 

He is experiencing something that most people will never know with a 70 year marriage.

He is an absolute rock star for the level he travels for appearances at his age.  But if he needs to sit this one out, it is completely understandable to me.