Author Topic: NYCC Random chat  (Read 80914 times)

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
  • Liked: 494
Re: NYCC Random chat
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2018, 07:02:47 PM »
In general, NYCC is nowhere near the craziness of SDCC when it comes to lines. I think I've only ever not gotten into one panel that I wanted, and that was because I lined up super late, as I was running from a press room.
Author/Editor at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Twitter: @jamiesugah

Offline Ultron32

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 18
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2018, 01:34:39 PM »
Anyone know what the protocol is for showing up late to lottery signings? If I showed up 20 minutes before it was slated to end, will they let me on line?
Asking to know which signings to enter for, because there are some that I would like but crossover with panels.
NYCC 2009-2021

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #77 on: Today at 03:28:48 PM »

Offline alexny0007

• Freebie Table
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2018, 06:54:09 AM »
Hey everybody, due work had to step out for a while but i was lucky to sign for the lottery....however i am not sure how i feel about this, maybe makes sense for exclusives but for panels? for Signings? however, i am praying to win Funko.

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2018, 08:26:14 AM »
ISO HELP @ NYCC, there is a print I want that was just announced for NYCC, but sadly I will be not there.  If anyone can help me out I can return the favor by helping them get stuff from Designer Con in November.  Shoot me a message for more info, and as per forum rules just look to do at cost favor for favor, thanks.

Offline Ultron32

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2018, 08:54:15 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hey everybody, due work had to step out for a while but i was lucky to sign for the lottery....however i am not sure how i feel about this, maybe makes sense for exclusives but for panels? for Signings? however, i am praying to win Funko.
The panels are all available to people who don't win the lotteries too. They do this for signings now because in the past the crowds for free signings have become dangerously large.
NYCC 2009-2021

Offline Jumping Jehosaphat

• Gaming Lounge
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2018, 10:06:28 AM »
In general, NYCC is nowhere near the craziness of SDCC when it comes to lines. I think I've only ever not gotten into one panel that I wanted, and that was because I lined up super late, as I was running from a press room.

You are very lucky. About an hour before start should be ok, but in the small rooms/popular topic spots, people camp out. I’ve been shut out of panels before. I hate when they underestimate the popularity of something.

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
You are very lucky. About an hour before start should be ok, but in the small rooms/popular topic spots, people camp out. I’ve been shut out of panels before. I hate when they underestimate the popularity of something.

I'm not lucky. I line up early for stuff that I want. It's when I can't line up early that I don't get in.

But I agree that NYCC is terrible about estimating the popularity of something. There have been Main Stage panels that are half empty but panels in smaller rooms have huge lines.

Offline alexny0007

• Freebie Table
« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2018, 12:29:23 PM »
I'm not lucky. I line up early for stuff that I want. It's when I can't line up early that I don't get in.

But I agree that NYCC is terrible about estimating the popularity of something. There have been Main Stage panels that are half empty but panels in smaller rooms have huge lines.

i miss so much the VIP ticket, although neither that secured you to be able get first of get the exclusives you wanted. 

Offline NYRider

• Hall H
  • Liked: 185
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2018, 07:10:13 AM »
Show Floor, Artist Alley, Javits and Campus Area maps are up on the NYCC website, as downloadable PDFs. Go to "Explore->Maps"

Offline angoradebs

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 211
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2018, 06:02:51 PM »
So I'm a huge theatre nerd. In my life I've spent maybe 62 total hours in NYC and I've still managed to see 5 Broadway shows (6 if you count Harry Potter as 2 since it's in 2 parts). I'm only going to NYCC Fri/Sat, we are arriving Friday early AM and leaving Saturday evening, but I couldn't go to New York and not see a show. So I just bought a ticket to see the very first preview of King Kong the Musical on Friday October 5. I'll miss the Netflix panel which is a bit of a bummer, but I'm excited to see a first preview. Not only will I be in the very first official audience to see the show (other than invited dress rehearsal attendees), but I might be seeing a version hardly anyone gets to see at all, since previews are when creative teams make changes/cut songs/change dialogue/eliminate storylines/etc). Hopefully I'll be seeing it on the heels of the Boy Meets World panel, which would make for a perfect day!

Offline Ultron32

• Exhibit Hall
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2018, 04:48:22 PM »
NYCC app is updated now.
NYCC 2009-2021

Offline jamiesugah

• Hall H
    • The Geekiary
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2018, 01:59:00 PM »
My friends are trying to add me as a +1 to their panel lottery picks and getting an error that I don't have a badge for that day.

I have a press badge.

Thanks, ReedPop, for continuing to suck.

EDIT: Yeah, apparently if you have an industry badge, regular attendees can't add you to their lottery picks.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:49:07 PM by jamiesugah »

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »
Also, press can't have guests for their panel lottery picks.

Offline comiclover86

• Sails Pavilion
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2018, 06:44:17 AM »
Anybody have an extra Thurs Fri sat pass? Industry, dealer, individual, or anything. I have one more coming that was very very late. Smh. Can meet up at some point Wednesday night or early Thursday if needed. Pm me please

Offline debster

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 569
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2018, 07:30:53 AM »
Today’s the last day to submit to the pre-show lotteries! It closes at 5pm today.

What I found weird about the lotteries this year is that you had to put all the emails in by day instead of by panel. So if you entered for two panels for a day, but your friend only wanted to go to one of them, he or she was entered anyway for both. It might lead to some more no shows than last year.