Author Topic: Best Offsite You Went To/Offsite Review!  (Read 15473 times)

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
Best Offsite You Went To/Offsite Review!
« on: July 25, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »
What was the best offsite you attended this year? You can rank them and/or give reviews.

Offline Tubbagoogoo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
Re: Best Offsite You Went To/Offsite Review!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 01:52:35 PM »
Fandom party all kinds if stars just walking around mingling with fans, open bar, food and live band. Awesome experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #2 on: Today at 06:01:23 AM »

Offline jazzyj

• Gaming Lounge
  • Cheese and Carb Enthusiast
  • Liked: 302
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 02:38:05 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fandom party all kinds if stars just walking around mingling with fans, open bar, food and live band. Awesome experience!

I was there too! Saw John Barrowman and I found out that Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk were there too but didn't see them. What other celebs did you see? (it was so dark it was hard identifying faces)

Offline Angology

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • @Angology on IG
  • Liked: 1610
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 02:44:13 PM »
Nerd Nite was great! Free food, open bar, interesting science presentations, and Mars swag! It's actually the only one we made it to, but we chose well!

Ang,
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ang

Offline Tubbagoogoo

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 15
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2016, 02:53:44 PM »
I was there too! Saw John Barrowman and I found out that Nathan Fillion and Alan Tudyk were there too but didn't see them. What other celebs did you see? (it was so dark it was hard identifying faces)

Guy who played cyclops in x men, guy who played joker and girl who played harley in ss, kristen dunst.... Those are the ones we saw

Offline MarvelGurl

• Ballroom 20
  • Liked: 273
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 04:51:43 PM »
Guy who played cyclops in x men, guy who played joker and girl who played harley in ss, kristen dunst.... Those are the ones we saw

Wow! Are you talking about James Marsden, Jared Leto, and Margot Robbie?? Didn't think the latter two would have been in town. I was there from beginning to end and only saw Barrowman (mom managed to get a selfie with him). It was really dark and I was having too much fun to look around for other stars.

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 08:33:47 PM »
Number one offsite for us was the Ash vs. Evil Dead cabin. It was a great re-creation of the iconic cabin, with a swag pull on the way out, and two dozen guys dressed as Ash partying with the fans. What more could you want?

A close second was the Abigail. Again, an excellent recreation using the actual sets from the show. The games we played added a lot of flavor to the experience, and we got a trading card (of ourselves) on the way out, plus got to interact with lots of infected.

Conan was awesome, if that counts as an offsite.

My husband loved the Square Enix activities and the Neil DeGrasse Tyson offsite.

GoT offsite was a bit of a disappointment, especially after the long wait. The pops were nice, though.

Offline Boukenred

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 101
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 08:43:03 PM »
My favorite would be the Suicide Squad, that's run by Samsung. They offered many custom swags, and tickets to the premiere of Suicide Squad next Monday at NY.
Twitter/Instagram: @Boukenred

Offline pieistasty

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 30
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 09:18:45 PM »
IMO, Conival hands down. This is the short list of people I saw just off the top of my head. Cara Delevingne, Tricia Helfer, Clark Gregg, Brandon Routh, Josh Holloway, Sarah Wayne-Callies, Peter Jacobson, Luc Besson, Ian McShane, Misha Collins, Chloe Bennett, Robert Kirkman, Steven Moffat and many more I just can't remember right now due to the post con fuzz.

Relatively easy to get autographs and selfies if you were motivated. The geniuses were the guys who brought copies of American Gods to get signed and the one guy who brought a stack of Robert Kirkman artwork(comics and prints) to sign. He worked his way through at least some of them. My big regret was not getting Steven Moffat to sign something Dr. Who related. I didn't have the foresight to bring anything but I was almost moved enough to get up off my bottom to shake his hand. I hesitated too long and the moment passed. Is it weird that amongst all those celebrities it was only Steven Moffat that I even considered trying to do a micro meet and greet with?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 09:22:17 PM by pieistasty »

Offline epicskyline

• Gaming Lounge
  • Liked: 99
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2016, 06:32:17 AM »
I had never been to the Nerdist Podcast, but my friend and I snapped up tickets this year when we heard it was Tatiana Maslany on, and the show was HILARIOUS. So glad we made that last minute decision. The hosts were great, the guests were really engaging. No wait to get in because we had tickets. Nice and air conditioned. We had balcony seats, but they were still a great view.

Also, at the ublog party, I won a raffle for a box of swag. One of the things in it was a talking Stan Lee plushie. I think I was really tired or something when Kerry was describing what was in the box before she pulled my ticket, because I didn't realize until Sunday night when I was looking over all of our swag that the plushie was actually SIGNED BY STAN LEE. Holy crap! Hasbro fastpass-schmastpass, THAT was the real winner of the night!

Also, not sure if you wanted negative reviews on this thread, but Syfy Presents Live at Comic Con was bit of a nightmare. Too much time commitment -- 3.5 hours! -- way, way too much standing in the sun on a ROOFTOP in a crowded audience. We did it on Thursday and we were baking hot. Had to get up four flights of stairs to get there. Then that guy talking during the build up was too much. He wasn't funny, he kept namedropping celebrities he knew and repeating the same phrases over and over. "We're supporting, we're smiling, this is your time, you guys get it." During one segment, he stood right next to me and was like nudging me to laugh. We are at Comic Con, for pete's sake. There's literally no more enthusiastic of a crowd. Did he think we were going to stand like statues while Zach Levy and Alan Tudyk were cracking jokes? Then when the taping ended, everyone was trying to book it out of there, but they blocked our exit and made us go back to film some TV spots for them. Will Arnett was super funny and charming, I liked the guests, having my mom see me on TV was cool, but I'll never do it again.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:44:26 AM by epicskyline »

Offline Mario Wario

• Supporter
  • Fulfillment Room
  • Crazy-Town Banana-Pants!
  • Liked: 684
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »
Funko Fundays because of the fun environment it had, cool ways to win prizes, and no one getting hurt this time to finally enjoy the party. The only problem this event had was that it took awhile to get inside -- super long line.

And second, the Ash. vs Evil Dead cabin. That place was awesome!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:39:10 AM by Mario Wario »
Twitter: @ScottyTheWise

2014: SDCC, LBCC
2015: WC, SWCA, WW Sac., D23, LBCC, Comikaze
2016: SVCC, WC, SDCC
2017: ECCC, WC, SVCC, D23, SDCC
2018: WC, SVCC, E3, SDCC
2019: WC, SDCC, D23
2022: SWCA, SDCC, D23
2023: SDCC

Offline Mdgeist316

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 19
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2016, 10:05:14 AM »
The only one we went to was the Fleet Night of Science After Party at the Science Center. Fun science exhibits, drinks, food, and trivia where they gave out some nice prizes. It wasn't crowded, and we had a great time.

I'm just now finding out that there was an Ash vs. Evil Dead cabin  :(

Offline mllNY

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1089
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2016, 10:43:43 AM »
suicide squad
2023 Cons: Five Points Festival, SDCC, Toy Fair, NYCC, IX, PAX Unplugged

Offline stl_ben

• Hall H
    • dailyvinyl.net
  • Liked: 443
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2016, 12:53:30 PM »
Mr Robot ubers were pretty sweet.  Wish I would have known about the Ghostbusters lyft rides sooner as I would have aimed for that too

Offline Abby_Normal

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2016, 03:55:13 PM »
Nerd HQ put in stadium seating, which was appreciated. They had good merch this year (got a Reynolds/Washburn 2016 poster). Con Man panel was great.