Author Topic: 2013 attendee badge buy in Aug & 12/13 year olds  (Read 42569 times)

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 6
Re: 2013 attendee badge buy in Aug & 12/13 year olds
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2012, 11:40:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

So to take this away after all the years they had been allowing 11 year olds to buy juniors badges, just kinda seems unfair to the kid. I could see if they stated before a junior badge could be purchesd an adults badge would need to be purchesd durring pre-reg. Either way we are at a crossroads that only CCI can determine, they have given us our two options. Im happy that atleast we do not really have to stress for another 2 years now.

So what age would it stop then?  Just run it through all the junior years until they're 18?
...you had me at hello...

New to the forum? Look here!

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2012, 11:42:15 PM »
I still don't get it will it be guaranteed badge in June or not? I see no waiting room etc but will it be guaranteed purchase?

Sounds like it...

Friends of Comic Cons

« Reply #47 on: Today at 02:23:55 AM »

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2012, 07:45:17 PM »
So what age would it stop then?  Just run it through all the junior years until they're 18?

It should be kept the same as previous years. When a child is required to purchase a Junior badge they should be able to purchase a badge along with an attending adult of the current/ or just pasted SDCC. Allowing them to be part of the preregistration, and so familys can make future plans. I would think this is fair due to the fact the 13 year old would not get a ticket untill the adult is able to purchase one first, and they would qualify for pre-registration for the following year. Ending the eventual issue of parents going through pre-reg, and 13 year olds having to go through general badge sales.

But this will not happen and they have already sent out what they plan to use as model to sell to future 13 year olds. I have learned to accept the cards that where delt, and I accept the challenge they have given us parents.  :D
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
  • Liked: 1845
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 11:24:32 AM »
Hi, this is my first time posting so please excuse me if I missed something along the way...

My 2 daughters ages 15 and 17 and I attended Comic Con last month.  We went online and purchased badges for 2013 during the pre-sale last week.  When we purchased for 2012 we all got the same days (Th/Su) in the same session, which included buying for 3 additional friends as well.  So when we got into the purchase section last week I assumed we'd all get the same thing as the first person and started by purchasing for my 15 year old, who got all 4 days individually (so Th/Fr/Sa/Su, each a 1 day badge).  Then when we came back to the purchase page for my 17 year old only Th/Fr/Su were available, and it was the same for my badge.  I'm not all that comfortable having my 15 year old attend alone on that Saturday.  Any suggestions other than try our luck with the sale in early 2013??

Part 2 of my question:  Before the sale we emailed CCI to ask about my 17 year old as she would be purchasing a JR badge but will be 18 next summer.  They said to email after the sale and they'd adjust the badge/price.  But from postings on here others have gotten the answer that it is the age at which the badge is purchased that matters.  Anyway, I've emailed CCI twice since the pre-sale and haven't received a response.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input and also for having such a wonderful resource available for all of us!  I got the Manchester Hyatt at $229 from info here  :).

Offline Transmute Jun

• Stan Lee's Hospitality Suite
  • Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 12:16:54 PM »
Honestly I'm not sure what to advise regarding Saturday other than trying in the general sale/resale. Every 15 year old is different and it's up to you to determine if you think she's mature enough to attend the Con on her own for a few hours. At least you can put off the decision until after the general sale, and see how things work out there for you.

I'm glad you got the Hyatt at $229! I agree, that was a sweet deal!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 05:21:37 PM by Transmute Jun »

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
Hi, this is my first time posting so please excuse me if I missed something along the way...

My 2 daughters ages 15 and 17 and I attended Comic Con last month.  We went online and purchased badges for 2013 during the pre-sale last week.  When we purchased for 2012 we all got the same days (Th/Su) in the same session, which included buying for 3 additional friends as well.  So when we got into the purchase section last week I assumed we'd all get the same thing as the first person and started by purchasing for my 15 year old, who got all 4 days individually (so Th/Fr/Sa/Su, each a 1 day badge).  Then when we came back to the purchase page for my 17 year old only Th/Fr/Su were available, and it was the same for my badge.  I'm not all that comfortable having my 15 year old attend alone on that Saturday.  Any suggestions other than try our luck with the sale in early 2013??

Part 2 of my question:  Before the sale we emailed CCI to ask about my 17 year old as she would be purchasing a JR badge but will be 18 next summer.  They said to email after the sale and they'd adjust the badge/price.  But from postings on here others have gotten the answer that it is the age at which the badge is purchased that matters.  Anyway, I've emailed CCI twice since the pre-sale and haven't received a response.  Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input and also for having such a wonderful resource available for all of us!  I got the Manchester Hyatt at $229 from info here  :).

It's the age at the time of purchase. Nothing to worry about there.

As for the Saturday badge, you can email CCI and explain the situation. The worst they could do is just say no, they can't help accomodate and you can try getting a Saturday badge at the general sale. Considering how much there is to do around the area that doesn't require a badge, you could always have the 15 yr old refund the Saturday badge and hang out outside. Do you normally have your kids spend the entire day w/ you at the con? It all really depends on what types of things she likes to do (movie, tv panels, floor?)...

Offline David

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 9
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 05:52:02 PM »
What about volenteering for a few hours on saturday, then after you all could meet up and have the rest of the day together. This is my plan for Friday if I am not succesfull with general sales. Like kvthai stated email CCI first and see what they could do.  :)
Best part of San Diego Comic Con 2012 was waiting for My Little Pony Durpy Hooves for 6 hours with about 6 other fathers all getting them for their daughters.

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 06:18:19 PM »
Thanks for the responses!  This year my 15 year old did spend most of her time with me, or I'd sit down somewhere and the kids would come and go.  We had trouble getting cellphone coverage inside the convention center which is a lot of why I'm not comfortable having her go alone and then not be able to be in touch.

Volunteering is a good idea!  Can you choose which day you volunteer?

I've emailed CCI twice now with no response.  Does anyone have a good email address or maybe a phone number (other than the general info #, which I've tried)?

Thanks again :).

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 07:19:12 PM »
The responses take time - depends on what else CCI is working on. Sometimes it's fast, sometimes it takes awhile.

Read thru this thread for volunteer specifics:

Offline TardisMom

• Supporter
  • Volunteer HQ
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2012, 03:57:57 PM »
Thanks for the volunteering link and thanks again for all the input!

Offline garbagepailz

• Room 6BCF
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 11:57:51 AM »
Im so cfused and dont know what to do CC emailed me as well saying send info they have a solution. im sure hella people will just claim there child is 12 still. So lost what is everyone else doing?????

Offline alyssa

• Administrator
  • Liked: 7002
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 12:26:21 PM »
I think I'm going to apply for the code just in case I don't get my son a badge in the general sale

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2
Donations gratefully accepted. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login,
Our Twitters @FoCCBlog @friendsofcci
"Are you willing to give up all you are, to keep all you have?" G'kar Babylon 5

Offline Transmute Jun

• Queen of the Bird Missiles
  • Liked: 9714
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2012, 12:56:40 PM »
I think I'm going to apply for the code just in case I don't get my son a badge in the general sale
It doesn't hurt to apply. You don't have to use it if you get a badge in the general sale.

Offline depictprints

• Exhibit Hall
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2012, 08:15:09 PM »
I myself had a lot of questions after this e-mail.  I went ahead and e-mailed them and they replied with the following e-mail...

"You are more than welcome to try and purchase a badge for your daughter during the general public badge sales.  The only way to void out your acceptance of the Priority Code is if you actually purchase a badge for her during general badge sales.  Even if you are only able to purchase a Single Day badge for her, we will not be able to provide the code for you.

The Priority Code guarantees a badge for you daughter.  Your options will be either One Single Day badge or One 4 Day Badge (without Preview Night).  The Priority Code registration system is not on a first come, first serve basis.  There will be plenty of badge stock available for the very select few people who are offered a Priority Code. 

Again, if you would like to accept this offer, we need your daughter's Member ID and full name by August 30th in order to add her to the Priority Code registration list."

They didn't manage to answer every question of mine...such as will she be eligible for badge PreSale next year if she manages to get her badges through the open sales in early 2013...but it did answer most of my questions.  Hope this helps some of you decide on what to do.

Offline Khaaaaaaanh!!!

• Volunteer HQ
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2012, 08:31:40 PM »

They didn't manage to answer every question of mine...such as will she be eligible for badge PreSale next year if she manages to get her badges through the open sales in early 2013...but it did answer most of my questions.  Hope this helps some of you decide on what to do.

Possibly because they don't know what the pre-reg plan for 2104 is? But if it's like 2013 then she would be eligible with a paid badge (obtained thru the normal channels).